Grant94's NHL Redesign

StevenGrant94

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kings: Good update

Wild: Perfect

Habs: I don't like the blue alt, I suggest doing the white 1940's throwback on the CCM cut (like you did for the Hawks and Wings)

Preds: I like the new alt, but I don't like how you got rid of the fang-like collar on the home and roads

Thanks for the comments.

Big fan of the alternate, gotta love those sublimated checkers. Primaries look good but I have to ask, why bother keeping the arch at all?

I kept the shoulder design simply because I like it, and since I'm going to change St. Louis I saw no reason to get rid of them.

Kings: Good update

Wild: Perfect

Habs: I don't like the blue alt, I suggest doing the white 1940's throwback on the CCM cut (like you did for the Hawks and Wings)

Preds: I like the new alt, but I don't like how you got rid of the fang-like collar on the home and roads

My plan was for the CCM cut throwbacks were only to use them for original six teams where I think normal third jersey's don't work (Chicago and Detroit). I could do that throwback jersey, but I thought a blue third jersey would work well (since they're called the bleu, blanc, et rouge). Does anyone else have any thoughts about this?

The only reason I got rid of those collars was that I couldn't find a template for them. I never really thought of them as fangs, I thought the design on the shoulder were the fangs. Here's the update.

Nashville-Set-2.jpg

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

I've decided to keep the third jersey for Montreal, mostly because I like it and everyone has seen the throwback before. Anyways, here are the next three teams.

New Jersey Devils: I didn't make any changes to the home and road because I like their current jerseys. The third jersey is black, with arm and waist stripes inspired by 1982-92 white jersey.

NewJersey-Set-1.jpg

New York Islanders: I hope you like stripes, because the home and road have lots. The four arm stripes are meant to represent their four Stanley Cup victories. I also changed up the colours a bit to give it a more "marine" look. The third jersey is orange and uses the word-mark from their current third jersey as the crest.

NewYorkIslanders-Set-1.jpg

New York Rangers: I only made slight changes to the primary jerseys, the biggest difference is that the road jersey now says "NEW YORK". I brought back the Lady-Liberty jersey, but I curved the arm stripes and added hem stripes, along with a few other changes.

NewYorkRangers-Set-1.jpg

The next three teams I'll post are Ohio (the renamed Columbus Blue Jackets), Ottawa, and Philadelphia.

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

Not feeling the stripes on the Islanders sleeves

But it might work on a player.

However the sleeves might look better if you were consistent between home & away with the lower stripe, and had the main jersey colour go up to the highest orange stripe.

(You could still have the orange & blue alternate on the away jersey, but not have the blue bit on the jersey side.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Not feeling the stripes on the Islanders sleeves

But it might work on a player.

However the sleeves might look better if you were consistent between home & away with the lower stripe, and had the main jersey colour go up to the highest orange stripe.

(You could still have the orange & blue alternate on the away jersey, but not have the blue bit on the jersey side.

Is this (below) what you meant for the sleeves. Sorry if I mis-understood.

The shade of orange seems so dull

I purposely made it a bit duller for two reasons. When I used their normal colours the stripes looked too distracting, and also when I think of Islands I think of faded colours, since things are weathered by the ocean. That being said, I also did an update using the current colour of orange.

NewYorkIslanders-Set20-1.jpg

NewYorkIslanders-Set30-1.jpg

Any more C&C?

The stripes would look cool but might be too much. It'd definitely be an era-defining uniform.

For Ottawa, are you going to go with barberpole home and away? That'd be cool.

Yeah, I didn't really expect the Islanders concept to be popular, but I thought I would try something different anyways.

Interesting you ask about Ottawa. They do have a barber-pole home and away jerseys, but they aren't like the old barber-pole jerseys at all.

I'm still not completely happy with the Islanders update, but I'm going to move on and then possibly tweak it later. Anyways, here are the next three teams.

Ohio Nationals: When I was trying to make a concept for the Blue Jackets, I had zero ideas. That, combined with the fact that the Blue Jackets haven't really done anything positive in their franchise history, convinced me to rename them. I was considering Ohio Nationals or Ohio Patriots, both for Ohio's patriotic service to their nation during the Civil War. For the logos I took the Ohio state outline from the Cleveland Barons logo, and the star and stripes from this logo. I designed the jerseys to look "American". Was this a good idea or a bad idea? Which name do you like better?

Ohio-Set-1.jpg

Ottawa Senators: The home and road both feature a barber-pole pattern, but this time they're sublimated. I also used the side profile logo as the primary logo. The third jersey is my take on their heritage jersey, with the bottom stripe is inspired by this jersey.

Ottawa-Set-1.jpg

Philadelphia Flyers: I brought back the Flyers 1982-2007 jerseys as the home and roads. For the third jersey I wanted to keep the Flyers traditional stripe running down the sleeve, but I wanted a new design. The result is a black jersey with an orange sleeve stripe.

Philadelphia-Set-1.jpg

Ohio Nationals concept is phenomenal, and I like the black Flyers alternate. As a lifelong Islanders fan I refer the brighter orange in the jerseys. Great job on this series!

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Nice job on these...some of my favorite NHL redesigns I've seen on the boards. Really like the Kings primary home/road, and the Ohio Nationals set is fantastic. On the Rangers, I prefer the pre-tie-down white jerseys with some more spacing between the red and blue stripes on the sleeves and hem, but I appreciate adding New York back to the road set.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

Is this (below) what you meant for the sleeves. Sorry if I mis-understood.

NewYorkIslanders-Set20-1.jpg

That is what I meant--it looks better that way, to me any ways.

Not sure I'd do all those stripes myself, but if you have them these designs are more consistent, and look better.

I think it would grow on me.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I really like what you're doing here, with all of the teams. I'm not gonna comment on each one right now but I will make note of some of my favorites so far.

Kings - I think the Kings are absolutely beautiful, it's exactly what they should be wearing right now.

Stars - I really like these but the only change I would make would be to change the color of the star on the home uniform from green, to white, or maybe even gold.

Nationals - The rebrand of the Blue Jackets is really unique and I like it a lot. I think the logo is great for a team called the 'Nationals' located in Ohio.

Wild - I love how you went back to the green jersey for the home uniforms. The home and away look more, well, uniform. I don't like how the Wild have three completely different looking jerseys currently.

Blues - I like the simplicity of this. I love how you went back to a classic looking stripe pattern and the fact that only one shade of blue is being used. Honestly I don't see a problem with the "blue-on-blue" home jersey, it looks much better than the one you did with the all white blue note.

Senators - That logo has always been a favorite of mine; good call on making it the primary. These look great, although I'm kind of torn between whether I like the subliminal stripes. On one hand I like it because it's unique, but on the other hand I think the jerseys would look just as well using only one solid color.

Nevertheless, good work so far.

Archived