Grant94's NHL Redesign

StevenGrant94

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the comments. Sorry it took so long to reply. Anyways, here are some updates.

Dallas Stars: As Heitert suggested, I changed the colour of the star to white on the home jersey.

Dallas-Set-1-1.jpg

New York Rangers: I made the white space between the stripes thicker, as suggested by Cuse2000.

NewYorkRangers-Set-2.jpg

I will post the next teams in a few days. I will also update the Islanders sometime in the future.

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

Ah, yes. That Stars concept looks perfect! Also I'm in love with that Rangers third jersey. I've always liked that Lady Liberty logo, it's a shame they don't use it anymore. I think it's good enough to just be a standalone primary logo.

Phoenix Coyotes: This is just a mix of my favourite elements from their two eras. The third jersey features the dessert scene from their 1998-2003 third jersey, but now it's sublimated.

Phoenix-Set-1.jpg

Pittsburgh Penguins: I'm actually a fan of their vegas gold, so I kept it. I did borrow elements from the Lemieux era with the coloured arm-tops, but I used different striping. I also kept their recent tradition of blue third jerseys, with a 1977-80 throwback jersey.

Pittsburgh-Set-1.jpg

San Jose Sharks: I changed up the striping on the home and road, and also made orange a bit more prominent. The third jersey has more traditional striping and is black.

SanJose-Set-1.jpg

stevengrantdesign.blogspot.com - Twitter: @StevenGrant94 - Instagram: @stevengrant94

Phoenix: Awesome. I've always loved that southwestern striping design, and the sublimated desert scene looks really good. My only suggestion would be to use the Arizona/PHX patch on the home and road shoulders.

Pittsburgh: Really liking that sleeve design. Only complaint is the robo-penguin on the shoulders. Never liked that in combination with the full-bodied penguin. I actually think the look would be better with no shoulder patch.

San Jose: Looks good. Nothing spectacular, but a solid look.

St. Louis Blues: Right before the NHL Redesign, I posted a St. Louis Blues concept that only used one shade of blue. I updated that concept, now with two shades of blue. I also brought back the curved hem stripes, because it looked better on the third jersey. That third jersey is light blue (no navy), and features sublimated music-staff striping.

StLouis-Set-1.jpg

Tampa Bay Lightning: The primary jerseys are updated versions of their original jerseys. I used their original "Hawaiian blue", and their current logos. The third is completely black and white (which would be the first black and white jersey in the NHL since 1934).

TampaBay-Set-1.jpg

Toronto Maple Leafs: The home and road have no changes. The third jersey is a faux-back jersey, and it features their old "T" logo inside of their vintage leaf (this third jersey was also posted before the NHL Redesign).

TorontoSet.jpg

All C&C appreciated. The final three teams will be posted sometime this week.

I don't like black in the home and aways of the Lightning but I absolutely love it in the Alt! The home and away sets the Lightning have now are some of my favorites in the whole NHL. Again, keep the black in the alt, take it away from the home and away. Great work on the Blues and the Maple Leafs too, although I would put that T on the leaf they have today. The vintage leaf looks really outdated.

All three sets look great! My one suggestion would be to add a blue outline to the numbers on the Tampa primaries, but still, great work.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

There's a lot to like in these last few. The Coyotes are simply beautiful, the Blues are quite nice, and I like the blending of eras with the Lightning. That solid black alternate is KILLER.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Thanks for the comments.

I don't like black in the home and aways of the Lightning but I absolutely love it in the Alt! The home and away sets the Lightning have now are some of my favorites in the whole NHL. Again, keep the black in the alt, take it away from the home and away. Great work on the Blues and the Maple Leafs too, although I would put that T on the leaf they have today. The vintage leaf looks really outdated.

For Tampa Bay, I really dislike their current set, so I'll disagree with you about using blue as the primary colour. Also for Toronto, I wanted to go for an old-fashioned look, so I think the "outdated" leaf fits best.

Tampa Bay update: Since this was mentioned twice, I thought I might as well add a blue outline to the home and away numbers. My reason for the one-colour number was I thought it matched the logo better.

TampaBay-Set-2.jpg

Anymore C&C on these teams?

Here are the final three teams. I have one more post with some bonus jerseys.

Vancouver Canucks: The Canucks are my favourite team, and these home and road concepts are my ideal jerseys for them (so I probably won't be changing them). They're an update of their 1972-78 jerseys, with a updated logo too (the logo is basically halfway between their old and new stick-in-the-rink logos). The third jersey is green, with johnny as the logo, and a V-pattern on the sleeves.

Vancouver-Set-1.jpg

Washington Capitals: I changed up their home and road a bit, getting rid of the side-panels. I then included a throwback red third jersey. I was considering a blue jersey with the weagle logo, but I couldn't get it to look right.

Washington-Set-1.jpg

Winnipeg Jets: I went with a military theme for the home and road, with the chevrons on the sleeve and the stencil name and numbers (these home and road jerseys were posted before the NHL Redesign). The home jersey is also the lighter blue, because I thought it provided better contrast with the logo. The third jersey is inspired by the WHA Jets 1975-77 blue jersey.

Winnipeg-Set-1.jpg

Any C&C on these final teams?

All three sets look very good. I'm not a big fan of Vancouver having a green third or having Johnny Canuck as a crest, though. Also, I'd suggest getting rid of the worst part of Washington's set - those horrendous-looking streaks down the arm, below the piping. Those should never have seen the light of day on any hockey uniform, ever.

And although I haven't posted C&C on most of them, almost all your earlier concepts look great (specifically the Dallas primaries, the Kings, and the Oilers).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived