Xodius' NHL Edge Redux

Xodius

I've been eager to kick off this for some time and now that I have the graphical means to do so, I plan on attempting to recreate the identities of the NHL. I'll try my best to keep this updated (depending on time) and to receive a lot of C&C.

Anaheim Mighty Ducks

1. Anaheim Mighty Ducks

I'm the one of some who believe that Anaheim should have never left their "Mighty Ducks" identity. It was unique, instantly recognizable; however I do not think it was the look for an NHL team who wanted to be taken seriously. Before their transition into black, gold and orange they featured a black alternate jersey that was unlike anything else. It was a classic take on a cheesy-looking franchise. It was powerful. I decided to go back to the idea of black, silver and eggplant.

With that said, I didn't want to clutter anything up. The original wordmark was (I thought) very cluttered and it didn't really belong on a hockey jersey. I chose to go with the MD because, admittedly, it looked sophisticated; a look usually reserved for baseball teams from the 1800s or colleges rich in history. I feel these jersey have a timeless yet nostalgic feel, one that could easily pave the path for a better future for a franchise coming off their peak.

Logo.png

Home.png

Road.png

OttawaSenators.png

Interesting idea, although the black jersey is very Kings-ish. I don't think the MD letters work too well as a primary crest, it made for a nice shoulder patch when the team used it, but at the same time it feels like something any team could do.

Points for solving the mystery of how to make the webfoot D look good in at least one of the old colours.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived