NFL Championship Sunday

Cujo

I love the Giants whole identity except for one aspect: The Pants.

Pick one (preferably the "road" version, with the red/gray/blue/gray/red pattern), and stick with it...

JQK... I would be THRILLED if the Giants went with the "road" pants full-time! When they wear them with the home blues on the road (which I can take credit for!) they look SHARP!! Again, historically, they wore the thin-striping pattern with both jerseys in the late '50's. I'm not a big fan of the "thick" striping worn at home. To me it appears that the blues and red blend, which isn't a great look.

nybatt.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pick one (preferably the "road" version, with the red/gray/blue/gray/red pattern), and stick with it...

JQK... I would be THRILLED if the Giants went with the "road" pants full-time! When they wear them with the home blues on the road (which I can take credit for!) they look SHARP!! Again, historically, they wore the thin-striping pattern with both jerseys in the late '50's. I'm not a big fan of the "thick" striping worn at home. To me it appears that the blues and red blend, which isn't a great look.

nybatt.

While having two gray pants is stupid, I think there's a bigger problem with the Giants pants. They should not be grey IMO. With the home blues, they are royal with white on them. Having gray pants does not make sense. It would make more sense and look better to have white pants.

And the current roads are my least-favorite uniforms in sports. They are a mess. Head to toe:

-Blue helmet white white, a little red

-White jersey with red, no blue

-Grey pants

They are absolutely gross. They need to use white pants on the road as well and they need to make the numbers on the road whites blue. The Giants COULD have a great identity, but right now, it just has so many flaws.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Disagree.. i love the gray pants, and was happy to see them come back. I love the roads, ever since they dropped the blue and brought back the Northwestern stripe...

The only flaw with the current set is the differing pant stripe pattern...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

For me, both teams have the same problem ...

These are beautiful uniforms for the niners and giants as a whole (Pairing the jersey with gold pants and gold helmet, and grey pants and blue helment) however, the fans don't wear the pants and helmet, and the standalone jerseys doesn't work well enough on their own IMO.

Which makes me wonder.. why hasn't the NFL jumped on making athletic/workout pants to match what's on the field? I would sooooo buy a Giants road-style athletic pants...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I HATE the gray pants for the Giants. Hate them. Ruins their entire road identity for me.

While having two gray pants is stupid, I think there's a bigger problem with the Giants pants. They should not be grey IMO. With the home blues, they are royal with white on them. Having gray pants does not make sense. It would make more sense and look better to have white pants.

And the current roads are my least-favorite uniforms in sports. They are a mess. Head to toe:

-Blue helmet white white, a little red

-White jersey with red, no blue

-Grey pants

They are absolutely gross. They need to use white pants on the road as well and they need to make the numbers on the road whites blue. The Giants COULD have a great identity, but right now, it just has so many flaws.

ALL OF THIS

spacer.png

alex-smith-49ers.jpg

Sorry, I still think this is the best look the 49ers have ever had.

Totally agree.

I agree as well. It probably has a great deal to do with the fact that this is how the 49ers looked during much of my life and thus is the essential 49ers identity to me personally, but even aside from that, I just love the way the maroon, gold, and tasteful black works together. I thought it was a beautiful update of the identity (I also even liked the white pants), as it modernized the brand effectively without deviating too much from essentials of the identity. It all just worked.

This is just what I would have done personally, but I would've liked to see what everything that is "cherry" in this current set would have looked like in the 90's shade of maroon. The cherry doesn't look bad with the gold by any means, but again, I humbly think the maroon and gold worked better. I think the throwback-inspired changes with maroon instead of cherry would have been gorgeous, and would have linked the eras together well. Oh - and they should also add the triple white stripes to the socks again, as well as replace the current wordmark with the previous old-style one. That would look pretty good on the jersey, I believe.

EDIT: Oh, and one more thing to add - seems I'm in the minority, but I particularly LOVED the gold-cherry/maroon-white combos they used to wear. I'm one who believes that in some cases, the helmet and pants color don't have to match. The 49ers, to me, were one of those cases. They made that combo work.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Both match-ups up there look great. I especially like the BAL-NE one. That screams childhood nostalgia for me personally :D

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

If the 49ers win, the Super Bowl will have a uniform matchup we haven't seen before since the teams don't play in the preseason and SF visits NE this fall.

2004, with the old Niner unis

53f2d14d86181d8d326787e95defe884_three_column.jpg

New unis at Indianapolis

49ers-quarterback-alex-smith-throws-a-pass-against-the-indianapolis-colts.jpg

The Giants look great with grey. It helps them stand out from the plethora of other red, white, and blue teams in North American professional sports.

I don't oppose them wearing grey, it's just the way that it's used that bothers me. It is used nowhere else besides the face mask on the rest of the uniform set. If the Giants want to have grey pants, this is what I say they should do:

-Pick one pair of pants. Most people seem to like the road pants, I prefer the homes

-On the home blues, swap out all white for grey

-On the road whites, make the red numbers blue

But right now, I think that the randomness of the grey pants are just one of many problems for the Giants identity.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Disagree.. i love the gray pants, and was happy to see them come back. I love the roads, ever since they dropped the blue and brought back the Northwestern stripe...

The only flaw with the current set is the differing pant stripe pattern...

I agree with all of this. It also justifies the use of the grey facemask.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Niners helmets look fantastic under the lights tonight.

As do the Giants' helmets. Whereas the Giants' home set looks bad in matching the sparkle helmet with such a horrible ultra-matte jersey, the white and red of the road set looks perfect with the blue sparkly helmet.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived