Best NHL shoulder logos?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In your own opinions. Some have been promoted to primary or alternate logos. Some are no longer used. Some are still around. I just find that they are often excellent logos that don't quite get the respect they deserve.

I'll keep mine to current:

57.gif

If we're going to sing the praises of this shoulder logo, let's use something that looks like the actual shoulder logo:

9fy12wi9aioaa119dzhpmucw7.gif

I don't know why or how that other version of the logo came to be, but it makes me cringe whenever I see it on merchandise. I refuse to buy anything with that logo on it, because it's so inaccurate.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The team still uses the sans-serif C on its website here and there. The Blackhawks' logos need to be standardized in the direction of the uniforms, not print: exclusively use the serif C and a copper/bronze Indian head, not a sans-serif and an oddly yellowish Indian head.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

sfkxfsvkkklusgk94vgo.gif

The Sharks have, sadly, never worn that as a shoulder patch.

Hmm...it should be used. I know they used their old one (circular) as a shouler logo, so just automatically assumed they replaced it with this when they made the switch. Odd.

They use the letters SJ with that logo at the bottom as the shoulder patch on their current alternate jersey. So it's not completely unused.

St__Louis_Blues(7).png

yes it is!

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

You know you love it:

mjfh90bxecszrp1vt74hjs3jc.gif

And I know I'm out on an island with this one, but I really like the embroidered version on the authentic jersey:

y9nq5xb542pgagvh27hafrtz6.gif

I'm sure it looks like canned crap when it's screenprinted on a replica, though.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

You know you love it:

mjfh90bxecszrp1vt74hjs3jc.gif

And I know I'm out on an island with this one, but I really like the embroidered version on the authentic jersey:

y9nq5xb542pgagvh27hafrtz6.gif

I'm sure it looks like canned crap when it's screenprinted on a replica, though.

Like all screenprinted logos. The Fisherman jerseys had one of the best shoulder patch designs in history.

Archived