Best NHL shoulder logos?

Would like to thank Ice Cap for knocking it out of the park.

What does one have to do with the other? Being a fan of a team doesn't mean that you think they're logo or uniforms are the best - at least not if you're an adult. Why do people get all butthurt and take it personally when we, on a logos forum, happen to criticize logos of teams that they just happen to be a fan of?

Whether or not I'm a fan of the Canucks is irrelevant in this case as they have plenty of logos to choose from. I am not taking anything personal either, I'm just defending what I believe to be a great logo as well as a personal favourite.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would like to thank Ice Cap for knocking it out of the park.

What does one have to do with the other? Being a fan of a team doesn't mean that you think they're logo or uniforms are the best - at least not if you're an adult. Why do people get all butthurt and take it personally when we, on a logos forum, happen to criticize logos of teams that they just happen to be a fan of?

Whether or not I'm a fan of the Canucks is irrelevant in this case as they have plenty of logos to choose from. I am not taking anything personal either, I'm just defending what I believe to be a great logo as well as a personal favourite.

When your "defense" involves pointing out the crappiness of another poster's favorite team's logos when they were never part of the discussion, it makes it seem like you're taking it a little personal.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Vancouver professional hockey has a pretty good track record when it comes to using a V as a design element.

The 40th Anniversary alternates the Canucks wore last season, based on their 1970-72 sweaters, integrated Vs into the sleeve striping.

Canucks-40th-Anniversary-Jersey.png

While the current Canucks set is pretty good, I think the uniform in that photo is what they should be wearing. I'm not the biggest fan of the original logo, but it's classic and the uniform itself is awesome, especially the "V" sleeve striping.

As for the V-Johnny Canuck logo, it's alright but the head on top is just kind of strange. I wouldn't mind the full body Johnny Canuck as the primary logo.

images-4.jpg

Wow.

I've seen these hundreds of times, but every time I stare for a solid 30 seconds and can't turn away, like a bad car accident. Looks like something out of Tron.

I have a firm belief that, on their own, they look VERY nice. It's when you have a team full of them together when they start to look bad.

If the Canucks brought back the anniversary uniform full-time, they'd definitely have to continue to use the updated stick-in-rink. The old version isn't bad, but the new version is much better.

Then again I don't think the Canucks should bring back the anniversary uniforms because despite my hate for the team wearing them, I think the Canucks have one of the best non-Original Six uniforms in the league.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I've never understood this board's love for Stinger. A few weeks ago I spent a Dick's gift card on a Blue Jackets windbreaker. It was their current logos and colors, but inside the collar was a neon green band (?) that said reebok. I thought of you guys, the Stinger lovers and guys who liked the way neon green looks with navy blue and red.

PvO6ZWJ.png

you guys are right. however i hate stinger.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Sometimes, life needs a splash of bold color. That neon green looked fantastic.

That's the only reason I liked him. I think it's a pretty dumb mascot but I liked the color it added to the uniform. I wish the Seahawks would use more of that color in their set.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I disliked Stinger for two reasons. The first was that he was an obvious attempt to try tie a team named the "Blue Jackets" in with various teams named the Yellow Jackets, who use a bee or wasp as a logo. "Blue Jackets," however, isn't a reference to an insect, it's in reference to Union soldiers of the US Civil War. The bug motif that Stinger represented was trying to hard to force a reference that just wasn't there.

As for the neon green? That's the second reason I dislike Stinger. True, sometimes you just need a splash of colour, and the idea of neon green with red, white, and blue isn't bad in and of itself. If you're going to commit to a name with real historical gravitas, though, you should shy away from something loud and modern like neon green. It just didn't fit in the with whole Civil War thing.

The original Blue Jackets identity in it's entirety was a trainwreck. From the horribly rendered logos to the dull as paint jerseys. You should also never mix any type of green with Red and Blue. I know because I have tried to do this in my own concepts and it always comes out looking like a cluster@#$k

I disliked Stinger for two reasons. The first was that he was an obvious attempt to try tie a team named the "Blue Jackets" in with various teams named the Yellow Jackets, who use a bee or wasp as a logo. "Blue Jackets," however, isn't a reference to an insect, it's in reference to Union soldiers of the US Civil War. The bug motif that Stinger represented was trying to hard to force a reference that just wasn't there.

As for the neon green? That's the second reason I dislike Stinger. True, sometimes you just need a splash of colour, and the idea of neon green with red, white, and blue isn't bad in and of itself. If you're going to commit to a name with real historical gravitas, though, you should shy away from something loud and modern like neon green. It just didn't fit in the with whole Civil War thing.

ALL OF THIS

spacer.png

I don't agree with that. I don't think that it was an intentional tie in, I think it's just that Blue Jackets sounds like an bee of some sort, so why not take an insect and put him in a blue jacket. It plays to the ignoramuses who think the team is named after a bug, while possibly educating them too since it's in a union jacket. Plus it's fun for the kids - not sure how many kids would be drawn to a civil-war themed mascot.

The original Blue Jackets identity in it's entirety was a trainwreck. From the horribly rendered logos to the dull as paint jerseys. You should also never mix any type of green with Red and Blue. I know because I have tried to do this in my own concepts and it always comes out looking like a cluster@#$k

I disagree with this too. I liked the CBJ logo. Maybe not for an NHL team, and maybe not as much as their current logo, but I still thought it was neat. The jerseys were so predominantly blue that the green was fine. I didn't think the fact that there was some red was an issue.

90.gif

Don't even know what to say about this. The colors are horrible, the drawing is horrible, the lines are inconsistent as is the shading, the pose is unnatural, it has motion lines, etc. Really this is one of the worst ever IMO.

And if you can't figure out that it's supposed to be some sort of lever, you're wondering why he's straining mightily to hold a hockey stick the wrong way.

Yeah, the Oilers' hearts were in the right places with the navy/copper modernization, and I actually didn't hate it so much as I preferred the dynasty uniform, but man, that logo was horrible horrible.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived