Best NHL shoulder logos?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

103049.gif

:wub:

I bought an original Blue Jackets jersey just because it had this logo on the shoulders. I also have a practice jersey with it as the main crest.

I also own that practice jersey.

BUG.png

This one? (ignore the Edge cut, it was a quick mockup)

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

103049.gif

:wub:

I bought an original Blue Jackets jersey just because it had this logo on the shoulders. I also have a practice jersey with it as the main crest.

I also own that practice jersey.

BUG.png

This one? (ignore the Edge cut, it was a quick mockup)

They made a practice jersey like that, with the stripes and all? Heck, I'd pick up one of those, add some shoulder patches and white trip, and make a nice custom design out of it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I love the Caps' shoulder patch, especially since it works so well as a primary. I also like the Coyotes' shoulder patch (not saying it's the best, just think it's cool):

PHOENIX_COYOTES_LOGO_2_medium.gif

dig the patch, hate that they only use it on one side.

I've always wanted them to use the moon on the other side, symbolizing an entire day.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Also....

johnny%20canuck%20logo.jpg

Just realized they don't even use this on the shoulders on the primaries. For shame, Vancouver.

Forget the shoulders, this should be the primary. Represents the city and namesake perfectly. Boggles my mind how people on these boards can say it's a bad logo.

Johnny's head is randomly slapped on top of a generic V. You are certainly entitled to your own opinions, but from a design standpoint, that is a bad logo. I personally feel that adding the severed head of Johnny Canuck to the letter V will not make a good logo regardless of the execution, but they could have at least connected the two better. Right now it is really just his head on a V.

Well said.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I think that's all it needs to be. I mean, for the sake of comparison, the most beloved logo is just an ice rink with the world's largest hockey stick lying on it. This one looks like it was designed in mind with the new uniforms, but then they chickened out somewhere in committee and got the bright idea to keep the old bad logo, recolor it, and write "VANCOUVER" above it so that awareness of the Canucks playing in Vancouver would reach an all-time high, I guess. Would've looked so much better up front, even if it's not perfect.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I disliked Stinger for two reasons. The first was that he was an obvious attempt to try tie a team named the "Blue Jackets" in with various teams named the Yellow Jackets, who use a bee or wasp as a logo. "Blue Jackets," however, isn't a reference to an insect, it's in reference to Union soldiers of the US Civil War. The bug motif that Stinger represented was trying to hard to force a reference that just wasn't there.

As for the neon green? That's the second reason I dislike Stinger. True, sometimes you just need a splash of colour, and the idea of neon green with red, white, and blue isn't bad in and of itself. If you're going to commit to a name with real historical gravitas, though, you

should shy away from something loud and modern like neon green. It just didn't fit in the with whole Civil War thing.

The Augusta Green Jackets had one of the best logos in MiLB. Clever name, clever logo. I think that's what Columbus was trying to mooch off.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Johnny Canuck V would look terrible as a primary logo. It has no style. The generic V would look awful on the front of a jersey imo.

Personally I think I'd like to just see the Johnny Canuck head as the shoulder logo, with maybe a green outline.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I always think of this logo when I see the canucks Johnny V one:

vachon-logo-637bf8bad6-seeklogo_com.gif

I am sorry but this logo looks absolutely nothing like the Canuck's one. Granted it has a head and a "V" but that is where the similarities end.

As for the stick and rink, the modern one could be acceptable as the primary (the Canucks third jersey looks great) but the original one should forever stay in the past. It looks awful.

johnnycanucklogo.png

vs

Vachon_logo.gif

I am sorry but this logo looks absolutely nothing like the Canuck's one. Granted it has a head and a "V" but that is where the similarities end.

What else is there to compare? They're both a V and a head. The Vachon one has a hand and uses negative space for an arm. It's a far more clever logo. That being said - pretty much identical. Sorry.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

johnnycanucklogo.png

vs

Vachon_logo.gif

What else is there to compare? They're both a V and a head. The Vachon one has a hand and uses negative space for an arm. It's a far more clever logo. That being said - pretty much identical. Sorry.

I think you just answered your own question. Besides what you pointed out, differences include..

A) The colour scheme

B The style of the "V" itself

C) The fact that one head appears to be a french chef while other represents a grizzled lumberjack

D) The fact the Canucks one doesn't have wordmark or a lazy guitar pick like shape containing the logo

E) The angle of the head

F) The fact the Johnny Canuck head is not restrained by the V

But yeah besides that, they are identical :rolleyes:

johnnycanucklogo.png

vs

Vachon_logo.gif

I think you just answered your own question. Besides what you pointed out, differences include..

A) The colour scheme

B The style of the "V" itself

C) The fact that one head appears to be a french chef while other represents a grizzled lumberjack

D) The fact the Canucks one doesn't have wordmark or a lazy guitar pick like shape containing the logo

E) The angle of the head

F) The fact the Johnny Canuck head is not restrained by the V

But yeah besides that, they are identical :rolleyes:

I didn't answer my own question, there was no question- they look alike. Maybe "identical" was a poor choice of words, overly-similar was what I was going for. But thanks for that thorough analysis.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I can definitely see where someone could look at the Johnny V logo and be reminded of the Vachon logo. I've never seen that Vachon logo, but once I saw it and thought of the opposite and thought of the Johnny V logo. Something doesn't have to look exact to make someone think of something else, there's plenty of similarities between the two.

As far as shoulder patches, always loved the Blackhawks. My unbiased pick is the Preds. I think the guitar pick goes excellent with the city.

I can definitely see where someone could look at the Johnny V logo and be reminded of the Vachon logo. I've never seen that Vachon logo, but once I saw it and thought of the opposite and thought of the Johnny V logo. Something doesn't have to look exact to make someone think of something else, there's plenty of similarities between the two.

As far as shoulder patches, always loved the Blackhawks. My unbiased pick is the Preds. I think the guitar pick goes excellent with the city.

aadsa.png

^_^

twitter

Archived