New crest for Crystal Palace FC

Gothamite

^they went with that one?

I agreed with the OP. F was the best with A not too far behind, but that one above is still an improvement.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I like the typeface, has a British vibe to it. Looks like it's come from a beer label or a jar of marmalade.

liverpool-1.png

I would've picked D. Sure, it looks uncannily like American Airlines' old logo, but I like how simple it is.

The one they went with isn't bad, either. The biggest problem I have is that it wasn't one of the options. Even though the fans let CP know which one they liked the most, they went with something different from those. What was the point of all that?

You said process. What role did you have in designing the team's new crest? Were you a payed designer or are you simply someone who submitted a series of designs?

I'm a Palace supporter, so 3-4 years ago I posted my version of what I see Palace changing even before they were thinking about changing. Then when owner decided to go with a new crests 2 years ago and showed 4 options, someone digger my work and said that he should consider my work as it's much better then offered. Many agreed. Owners said he would take 5th option as a fan based design and then I started with many more designs. Also few other people did the same. At some point I gave my sincere opinion on other designs, but owner didn't like my openness. Then he was so stubborn that he said he would never take my design no matter how many people support it. Then he took the other designer to create the 5th logo, and his work was fair, but there were many mistakes of the trade that I wanted to fix. Majority on the supporters board liked my design, my eagle, so the other designer commisioned by the owner designed what is now new CPFC crest, and you judge how much it was influenced by my work and if it is better or worse at the end.

So that's the story in short. I feel cheated and raped. And of course it was missed opportunity to make that crest much better.

Archived