Super Bowl XLVI field

buckeyecal

The Colts installed a new field before this season. Their endzones are painted instead of having the actual strands colored. Several people commented on it, but that is why the Colts' endzones at home looked more faint and not as bright as in past years.

The Big 10 Championship Game had no problems with the endzones....looks like the same for the Super Bowl

20sjdqc.jpg

I don't remember if they painted the whole endzones for the B1G championship or not, but regardless, I asssume the Colts' endzones weren't that impressive because they went thin on the paint. I always could tell the difference between colored strands and blank field that has the endzone painted, and I like painted better. The colored ones look cheaper to me (less like grass). Regardless, they will have the field looking great for the Super Bowl.

They were painted fully.

as you can see aboverock.gif

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, new to the forum. Huge Pats fan. I put this together using about 25 different pics I took offline with various cutting, pasting, copying, rotating, resizing and recoloring, and mashed it all together using this - I used the Super Bowl XLV format as a marker as to where the home team should go - was I wrong about that? Also, it's terrific to find other people as into sports logos as me. Although this is my first time trying to create some kind of field replication.

SBXLVIfield.gif

The Colts installed a new field before this season. Their endzones are painted instead of having the actual strands colored. Several people commented on it, but that is why the Colts' endzones at home looked more faint and not as bright as in past years.

The Big 10 Championship Game had no problems with the endzones....looks like the same for the Super Bowl

20sjdqc.jpg

I don't remember if they painted the whole endzones for the B1G championship or not, but regardless, I asssume the Colts' endzones weren't that impressive because they went thin on the paint. I always could tell the difference between colored strands and blank field that has the endzone painted, and I like painted better. The colored ones look cheaper to me (less like grass). Regardless, they will have the field looking great for the Super Bowl.

They were painted fully.

Diddo.

Hey guys, new to the forum. Huge Pats fan. I put this together using about 25 different pics I took offline with various cutting, pasting, copying, rotating, resizing and recoloring, and mashed it all together using this - I used the Super Bowl XLV format as a marker as to where the home team should go - was I wrong about that? Also, it's terrific to find other people as into sports logos as me. Although this is my first time trying to create some kind of field replication.

SBXLVIfield.gif

Welcome! And that concept is excellent by the way. The only problem I have is I think the team fonts are a bit too big in the endzones. Other than that, great work!

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

20sjdqc.jpg

They were painted fully.

Diddo.

SBXLVIfield.gif

Welcome! And that concept is excellent by the way. The only problem I have is I think the team fonts are a bit too big in the endzones. Other than that, great work!

Thanks! Appreciate it. Yeah I figured that the logos were a little disproportional. I'd have to agree with the fact that the Giants - Patriots aesthetic isn't the best (I still like it better than Ravens - Giants) but honestly any Super Bowl field looks pretty. Thats one of the reasons I love the Super Bowl, is because of the all the color, fanfare and pageantry. It's just a spectacle.

that's what I was thinking. Instead of damaging the Colts endzones, just take that carpet up and replace it with some custom designs. (I guess that would be at least one legitimate reason to have to wait 2 weeks to play the game.) ^_^

The colts got new turf this year, and the new turf is green with the end zones painted blue, unlike in the past when they played with blue turf in the end zone.

20sjdqc.jpg

They were painted fully.

Diddo.

SBXLVIfield.gif

Thanks! Appreciate it. Yeah I figured that the logos were a little disproportional. I'd have to agree with the fact that the Giants - Patriots aesthetic isn't the best (I still like it better than Ravens - Giants) but honestly any Super Bowl field looks pretty. Thats one of the reasons I love the Super Bowl, is because of the all the color, fanfare and pageantry. It's just a spectacle.

I like it,

Logos are a bit large. Puckguy's original template is still excellent. Working on mine right now, had to pull out my NFL rulebook to work on it. Will be done in a couple of days!

It pays to be a ref! ^_^

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

They were painted fully.

I didn't see the pic. My work computer blocks a lot of pictures on these boards for some reason.

http://i39.tinypic.com/20sjdqc.jpg

Heres a link to the picture, the field should look great though (they have TWO WEEKS) so this should be no big deal with the painting situation.

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

20sjdqc.jpg

They were painted fully.

Diddo.

SBXLVIfield.gif

I like it,

Logos are a bit large. Puckguy's original template is still excellent. Working on mine right now, had to pull out my NFL rulebook to work on it. Will be done in a couple of days!

It pays to be a ref! ^_^

That Pats logo looks a bit crooked.

Much better then what they currently do with putting the NFL shield in the middle and the superbowl logo on each side of the field. Question. Does the away team always get the right endzone? Just did a quick look up on google from the past few superbowls and the away teams on the right, so when the Steelers make the superbowl then their helmet logo wouldn't show. :P

. Yes, the away team end zone is to the right, which also alternates conferences. This year, the AFC is on the right.

I think for this time only, since the cowboys play there, the home team (packers) will be using their regular sideline up to from the press box which is the close to their locker room and the end zone will be on the right of the press box, next year It will be back to their regular spots for XLVI (if there will be one) and don't be suprised the configuration will be used for the NY/NJ Supe' in 2014 also.

This was the post I remembered from last year.

Considering scraw's post makes absolutely no sense, I doubt the veracity of it. If the Packers wanted the sideline closest to the pressbox, that means the Packers' end zone would have been to the left of the press box. Note how scraw's post has no factual confirmation to it. I could tell you what I think as well...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

My appempt at the field-

10zajhv.jpg

I dont really get why you posted this...

its pretty much the exact same concept as Cuse2000's and KayJay's except with faded logos for some reason and no white outline on the NFL shield (which it always has)

EDIT - that's not to say it isn't well rendered or doesnt look nice, its just not original.

Also - all of the Giants end zone concepts posted are virtually identical to their home endzone at MetLife stadium. Nothing right or wrong about that just pointing it out. I guess they (and the Jets) did a good job in that design.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

After looking at the NFL's Visitors Guide, the seating chart they have in it has the AFC on the TV left, and the NFC on the TV right, so the field orientation will be the same as XLII...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

It does look like they are scrubbing the paint off. At least it looks like they are not adding any new turf. Perhaps they "learned their lessons" in Dallas last year!

86551723.png

Looks awesome JQK. That template is impressive. Doing a tweek, by scaling to my NFL Rule book Official diagram. Just to see if this can be even more awesome. ;)

Archived