NEW NFL "Pro Line" Jerseys on nfl.com

Chazberg

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing as how Reebok's "Premier" screened twill jerseys sold for $115, and these new, possibly Nike versions with the same specs are going for $100, I say there's already one up-side to the Nike takeover.

going along with this, maybe the screened-on jerseys will be gone altogether?!?

That's what I kind of assumed when I heard the base price point would be $100. I couldn't imagine justifying bumping up the standard screen-printed numbers jersey that high. Hopefully football will finally join the ranks of baseball and hockey, and make some kind of sewn-on numbers the minimum.

Seeing as how Reebok's "Premier" screened twill jerseys sold for $115, and these new, possibly Nike versions with the same specs are going for $100, I say there's already one up-side to the Nike takeover.

They might eliminate the ones which are going for $70 or so now, but I think they would more prominently market the Walmart-type plain jerseys with a logo on the sleeves and the team font for $30 or so. They would price way too much of the people out of the market if the cheapest football jersey of any kinda was $100.

Also, I had a Premier jersey before and I hated it. It wasn't as thick as a authentic, and the sewn on numbers were uncomfortable on the lighter fabric. I also remember the number creasing easily. If I couldn't have an authentic, I would personally rather have the screened on replica than the Premier.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

They might eliminate the ones which are going for $70 or so now, but I think they would more prominently market the Walmart-type plain jerseys with a logo on the sleeves and the team font for $30 or so. They would price way too much of the people out of the market if the cheapest football jersey of any kinda was $100.

Also, I had a Premier jersey before and I hated it. It wasn't as thick as a authentic, and the sewn on numbers were uncomfortable on the lighter fabric. I also remember the number creasing easily. If I couldn't have an authentic, I would personally rather have the screened on replica than the Premier.

just making the cheapest jersey 100 bucks would not make sense with all the fakes going around

spacer.png

spacer.png

That's what I'm thinking. Reebok also sells a replica through discount department stores that doesn't wrap the sleeve stripes around, doesn't add neck trim, and omits the Equipment patch, in the $45-$50 range. That one might stick around, too.

I have a throwback EQT (previous name for Premier) jersey, and it's very comfortable and nicely made.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

NFL has been making these for quite some time. I think they are even sold at some Walmart stores. If you look closely at the Bills collar and some of the Patriots jerseys (stripes, piping) you'll see it's incorrect

Crow Eaten, never checked price on these, and I didnt know they were sewn on numbers

Nobody ... I mean nobody ... circles the wagons like The Buffalo Bills

That's what I'm thinking. Reebok also sells a replica through discount department stores that doesn't wrap the sleeve stripes around, doesn't add neck trim, and omits the Equipment patch, in the $45-$50 range. That one might stick around, too.

Remember when really good quality (screen-printed) replicas were available for $40-$50? Like, what, 1996? Good times... :D

In fact, I have an NFL catalog from 1986. Authentic NFL jerseys were less than $100. Replicas were $45.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Interestingly enough on the Packers jerseys (particularly Jennings and Matthews) the "5" numeral is the correct version on the front and back, but not on the shoulders. This is the opposite of what has traditionally been done, where the shoulder "5" numeral font is correct, but the front and back numbers are not.

packers-1.png

I have wanted a Matthews replica or premier jersey for the last few years, but have refused to buy one because of the incorrect numerals. Looks like I'll have to keep waiting.

udubs, the Photoshopped pictures of the lettering aren't always accurate. As you can see here, it looks to be dead-on (This is a legit Premier). I'm sure it'll be accurate on the new Pro-Line jersey as well

eqtmatthews.jpg

Good to know...all the ones I've seen in stores (both premier and replica) did not have this correct.

It not that bad but I thought the only change for the Packers was to have the name on top of the number like the Patriots, Chargers, 49ers etc

Interestingly enough on the Packers jerseys (particularly Jennings and Matthews) the "5" numeral is the correct version on the front and back, but not on the shoulders. This is the opposite of what has traditionally been done, where the shoulder "5" numeral font is correct, but the front and back numbers are not.

packers-1.png

I have wanted a Matthews replica or premier jersey for the last few years, but have refused to buy one because of the incorrect numerals. Looks like I'll have to keep waiting.

udubs, the Photoshopped pictures of the lettering aren't always accurate. As you can see here, it looks to be dead-on (This is a legit Premier). I'm sure it'll be accurate on the new Pro-Line jersey as well

eqtmatthews.jpg

Good to know...all the ones I've seen in stores (both premier and replica) did not have this correct.

It not that bad but I thought the only change for the Packers was to have the name on top of the number like the Patriots, Chargers, 49ers etc

this isnt a change

spacer.png

spacer.png

NFL has been making these for quite some time. I think they are even sold at some Walmart stores. If you look closely at the Bills collar and some of the Patriots jerseys (stripes, piping) you'll see it's incorrect

No the Walmart ones are cheap. They are thin and dont have the jersey holes and are without the NFL Equipment logo. And usually all the jerseys have the team logo on the sleeves even if the team doesnt

raiders-2.png

Yeah, the outlines are gigantic. The red and silver outlines are normally not much thicker than the piping, which is why from afar the red completely dissapears and it looks like they are just a navy and silver team.

The numbers and NOB are also too narrow.

Pro Line

p11709311dt.jpg

Premier

p10485545dt.jpg

spacer.png

Yeah, the outlines are gigantic. The red and silver outlines are normally not much thicker than the piping, which is why from afar the red completely dissapears and it looks like they are just a navy and silver team.

Pro Line

p11709311dt.jpg

Premier

p10485545dt.jpg

both are bad photoshops

Pro Line

p11709311dt.jpg

Premier

p10485545dt.jpg

both are bad photoshops

Yeah, you can't even go on these Photoshopped mock-up 'pics' for how they'll actually look. When my Gronk comes I'll post pics.

And udubs, I happened into my local Fans Edge last night, and they had that same Premier Clay Matthews jersey. The numbers are the same as the pic, just right.

Archived