College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

153543781.0_standard_730.0.jpg

I loved UNC's white-out look yesterday. Of course, it helped that we dropped 48 on the Hokies in a big win.

Now if we can only do something about those stupid pants stripes...

Apart from UNC's pants, what a great-looking match-up. The white helmet definitely works for UNC.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Oh, I dream of a day when the NCAA imposes strict NFL-style uniform regulations. That would be fantastic. Throw all of this craziness out the window and restore some sanity to football.

Why is that necessary? Unregulated uniforms haven't stopped teams like Bama, Oklahoma, and Penn State from keeping their same old looks. I think the uniform regulations are stupid in the NFL too. If a team wants to have multiple helmets and combos, let them!

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Because all too often, it looks terrible. See Rutgers, Maryland, Notre Dame, etc. etc.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Oh, I dream of a day when the NCAA imposes strict NFL-style uniform regulations. That would be fantastic. Throw all of this craziness out the window and restore some sanity to football.

Why is that necessary? Unregulated uniforms haven't stopped teams like Bama, Oklahoma, and Penn State from keeping their same old looks. I think the uniform regulations are stupid in the NFL too. If a team wants to have multiple helmets and combos, let them!

...because unregulated uniforms have not stopped every other team in the FBS from doing the opposite? Argument failure on your part.

Because all too often, it looks terrible. See Rutgers, Maryland, Notre Dame, etc. etc.

Your entire argument is "They're making things I don't like, let's ban them". The reason the NFL has strict rules is because they want to keep super strong identities in order to market the teams. The NFL is a business.

College football isn't supposed to be a business. It IS a business, but the NCAA wants to pretend it isn't. So making uniform rules like that would make them look like something they don't want to be.

Plus, this is college. You might as well let the kids have some fun. The sooner you realize that your opinions are the not the divine truth, and that they shouldn't dictate what goes on in college football, the better.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I've never claimed that my opinions were some "divine truth." They're just opinions. I'm not an NCAA official. I can't do anything I suggest.

Those Notre Dame uniforms are, quite possibly, one of the worst alternates in recent history. The contrast is amazing. On one hand, you have (former) Nike guinea pig Miami actually looking classy in a modern template, and then you have Notre Dame, a traditonalist if there ever was one, wearing something uber-modern and looking like complete crap.

Not that it really matters, but the inspiration and level of craftsmanship in Notre Dame's look is more vintage than modern.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

548369_10151125974173853_1246467398_n.jpg308021_10151125998198853_2130637836_n.jpg12806_10151126047768853_53831433_n.jpg20121006__air-force-navy~p1.jpg

The helmet stripe is pretty good at least.

I'm usually not a fud about modern out-there unis, but an academy should never wear anything like this. Unlike the Thunderbird unis these are junk.

Arkansas combo from yesterday. This is probably my favorite combo of the year just for the fact alone that the red pants don't have the unnecessary striping that the white pants have.

Arkansas+v+Auburn+jLgOFnF7sECl.jpg

These would be gorgeous without the gradients.

I've never claimed that my opinions were some "divine truth." They're just opinions. I'm not an NCAA official. I can't do anything I suggest.

Considering your only argument for wanting uniform regulations is because you think they look terrible, I say that's holding your opinion higher than you should.
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Considering your only argument for wanting uniform regulations is because you think they look terrible, I say that's holding your opinion higher than you should.

I depends on the member and their preferences.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Wait, what depends on the member and their preferences?

Wait, what depends on the member and their preferences?

Members on the site and their tastes on uniform design is what I mean.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

College football looks like a crazy circus.

Everyone loves the Circus.

College football looks like a crazy circus.

Everyone loves the Circus.

Nobody wants to see Cirque du Soleil on the field.

...because unregulated uniforms have not stopped every other team in the FBS from doing the opposite? Argument failure on your part.

Not an argument failure at all. My point is that without the rules, the schools who want to mix-and-match do it, and the schools who want to keep their traditional look do that. It's not like teams are being forced to be untraditional.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived