College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Glad that Illinois is finally getting new helmets, but they really ought to decide if they are an orange school or a blue school. I get that their school colors are both but they should have one as the primary and one as an accent. Introducing a blue helmet just makes their look even more confusing.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

398757_3201259554208_1347640196_3339895_923380340_n.jpg

New helmets for Illinois!!!

Like I said before, don't get too excited about concept helmets and jerseys that show up for these recruiting weekends. Schools put together all sorts of "prototype" helmets and uniforms for recruiting weekends and most of them never see the field.

Illinois: What took ya so long?!

Glad they're going with the "I". Hope that eventually becomes the primary.

Probably because up until a couple of years ago Indiana's been using the block I. And you don't want your football team to take cues from Indiana.

Anyway, blue is a bad color for Illinois because they've historically had an orange helmet. And as a Big Ten school, history is key.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I like Illinois' new helmets especally the orange with white font. However I perfer their older helmets as it was unique from other teams in the Big Ten and looks great.

So an orange helmet with the old Giants script is unique but the same orange helmet with their own script isn't?

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I remember reading somewhere Miami was going to have new unis? Part of the reason they only went orange and white last year because something new would be coming. Anyone hear this as well or have any information on that? Could have just been a rumor, I hope not, I'd love to see some cool Canes jerseys.

2ly2w09.jpg

Screen_Shot_2012-01-15_at_12.19.52_AM.png

I like how BYU is sticking to their traditional, simple design (it works for them, and they learned the hard way that modern uniforms aren't for them), but they just need to go back to royal blue full-time, in all sports:

byu-topper.jpg

It would give all Utah colleges a little more variety. Of course, this is coming from a Utah State Aggie. :D

Add me to the list that liked West Virginia's Pro Combats. Love the metallic charcoal gray; it's fitting for a team from coal country:

Screen-shot-2010-11-29-at-9.47.25-AM.png

Navy/Athletic Gold might not be the best fit for charcoal, but you didn't have much doubt who was wearing them, IMO.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I'm pretty torn on BYU's uniforms. I mean, those royal blue uniforms are just gorgeous, but there's really nothing wrong with their current set.

Well, they are a Nike school. Maybe they should just wear both. No mixing-and-matching of different blues, though.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

As long as they wear them once or twice a year, they'll be fine. But if they lose the navy helmet (one of the best in FBS) and minimize the navy and yellow, then I'll have a problem.

Can't ignore the black and gray invasion, but don't want to see it become every team's dominant scheme either.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Get a new template first and then worry about using the colors that your Nike overlords demand.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Get a new template first and then worry about using the colors that your Nike overlords demand.

I actually like WVU's template.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

This popped up on the SEC Smack site. The guy said for the LSU game.

403871_288615151198715_100001506977961_827105_1756750970_n.jpg

I like it! But I agree, they should've used the F logo.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Archived