College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Few observations from the A&M unveil:

- The beveled numbers, if subtle enough, will be fine under the lights. They should be minimal, at best.

- Seeing Adidas is doing a "better" job at hanging on the coattails of Nike's vapor gloves with the Logo.

- HGI Did the helmet. Just adding them to the "meh" bandwagon.

- I really enjoy the continued sleeve stripe on the undershirts, but I would have taken off the beveling on the 12th man logo, to make it as clean as possible.

All in all, a bunch of hype for not much of a "Wow" feeling.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I actually like the A&M unis. It's modern without being over the top, yet definitely recalls a past era. The stripes are consistent when worn properly (though the instance they use monochrome combos, that will be gone). I could have done without the bevel and the 12th man sleeve thing (jersey numbers on the undershirt would have been cooler), but I kinda like these. It's a different approach than the typical trends, so I'll give them credit for that!

If the white pants had the matching stripe as the white helmet, the white/gold/white combo would be a top favorite of mine.

Edit: Scratch that. I keep forgetting about that hideous shoulder coloring. I still wish the white pants had stripes though.

So you like this look?

UCF-football-team-picture-credit-Stephen-M-Dowell.jpg

if UCF had the vandy striping of the helmet on the pants, that could be a good look; go throw it on teambuilder and do a screencap

Yeah I really do like the white/gold/white look but UCF, like Vandy, is lacking consistency. I think that combo could be a good look if they got it all together.

Also for A&M, are the numbers stitched or no?

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

I'm mixed on the uniforms. The "12th MAN" on the sleeves should be the uniform number. The beveling is too much, and the NOB and back number are way too far down. However, I like the striping and the new secondary logo. The thing is, Adidas is trying really hard to make that stretch stuff look good, and it never does.

I also don't like how the stripes don't match.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Also for A&M, are the numbers stitched or no?

They look like stretchy tackle twill. Maybe they are glued on, like adidas' NBA numbers, rather than swen.

Ok thanks. That's what I thinking about.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Only one person on the team will be wearing the 12th man on the sleeve, so that doesn't matter to me.

Yeah, according to an Aggie friend of mine, the 12th Man sleeve is only for the 12th Man - the designated walk-on for that game.

unis.jpg

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I like the Texas A&M uniforms alright. They would be better without the bevel on the numbers, but I like the jersey's vertical striping. Thats an idea I have used in concepts before and I think it looks good in real life, however I don't like how it is continued on the undershirts. In fact the undershirts don't look good at all to me, I hope most players will opt to wear a solid colored undershirt or none at all. I also think its odd that the pants stripe doesnt match the jersey but they might have been avoiding double stripes because of Bama. Also not crazy about the helmets, should have gone with a white facemask on the maroon helmet and vice versa on the white helmet. As for Vandy, the only thing that could have been better would have been pant stripes but I think their uniforms look pretty good.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I think that stripes on the helmet would make sense and work a little better; the undershirt does not work with the stripes, etc. IMHO if anything on it, they should just have the individual numbers a la Oregon State's procombat, or perhaps their A&M inside the State of Texas emblem.

The whites...

white-1.jpg?DB_OEM_ID=27300

That ATM logo by the neck is throwing things off. Unnecessary! Put the name plate back up there.

I am fine with the beveling on the home set, but on the away it is almost distracting, like it doesn't belong. I am ok with one pant stripe with the two shoulder stripes (which are great to see) but adding the bevel is just one too many contrasting elements.

Socks are silly.

Wow, I actually really like A&M's new look! This may be an unpopular opinion, but I actually really like the beveled numbers. The vertical stripes are awesome as well, they will be very unique. The one thing that I think could have been executed better would be the undershirt, they shouldn't have put the vertical stripes on them, although the 12th Man idea is pretty neat.

spacer.png

Archived