College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Idk where the pic of the helmet is from but it looks like it might just be a replica version of the pro combat helmets. If WVU does ever wear those grey jerseys I bet it'd be with the pro combat helmet, not that chinsy lookin one pictured

If I'm not mistaken, we cannot wear any of the Pro Combat stuff again. I think it's a one year and done deal with Nike.

Also, I'm pretty sure the athletic department here sold all of the Pro Combat stuff before the 2011 Spring Game last April.

16215.jpg

2503.jpg

5113.gif

787x.jpg

WVU '14

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought they were getting a complete overhaul? Doesn't look like it there

Not really. From what I'm seeing, it's just the graphics. The logo and offical font will be changed.

Besides, there are some slight changes to that jersey if ya look at it.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, we cannot wear any of the Pro Combat stuff again. I think it's a one year and done deal with Nike.

Wrong. Nike pays for it and the school can do whatever it wants with it.

Also, I'm pretty sure the athletic department here sold all of the Pro Combat stuff before the 2011 Spring Game last April.

That may be since the school is free to do whatever it wants.

The graphic identity is getting a complete overhaul (logos, font types, color, etc...). The football uniforms will likely remain pretty similar to what they looked like this year.

Is it bad that I like damn near every single helmet that has come down the pike from Page 9 of this thread? Call me a modernist if you must, but I'm really enjoying this renaissance in helmet design. Schools are really having fun with this, and for the most part, they're hitting on most of them. The only one that I'm not really feeling is Florida's, & I doubt that it's legit to begin with. Other than that, Oklahoma State, Illinois, TCU, & UNC look like they've come out with some pretty cool-looking helmets.

The graphic identity is getting a complete overhaul (logos, font types, color, etc...). The football uniforms will likely remain pretty similar to what they looked like this year.

so 3 seasons and 3 new designs?..what is the shelf life of a pro combat/speed machine uniform anyway?..my initial thought would be at least 2 seasons as annual replacements would not be cost effective for the school or nike.

Nope. TCU wore their 2009 Pro Combat helmet for a game in 2010.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Nope. TCU wore their 2009 Pro Combat helmet for a game in 2010.

And their 2010s for a game in 2011.

398757_3201259554208_1347640196_3339895_923380340_n.jpg

New helmets for Illinois!!!

Yes on the orange helmets. They both look great. Not crazy about the matte look. Give the choice, I'd go with the orange helmet with the blue lettering. Any of the three is a significant upgrade to what they're currently wearing.

from our Signing Day webcast this afternoon:

507993184.jpg

That white helmet is awesome.

Is it bad that I like damn near every single helmet that has come down the pike from Page 9 of this thread? Call me a modernist if you must, but I'm really enjoying this renaissance in helmet design. Schools are really having fun with this, and for the most part, they're hitting on most of them. The only one that I'm not really feeling is Florida's, & I doubt that it's legit to begin with. Other than that, Oklahoma State, Illinois, TCU, & UNC look like they've come out with some pretty cool-looking helmets.

If it is, then we're in the same boat. I'm hardly a modernist, but I do like what I'm seeing so far here.

The only one I wasn't crazy about was Oklahoma State's. Overall though, I agree that these schools are hitting the target with these new helmets.

BB52Big.jpg

It's disappointed to see the white UNC helmet with a gray mask. The other one floating about with the blue mask is 10x better.

This. Also, UNC should just drop the blue helmet and switch to a white one full time, or keep it as an alternate.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

It's disappointed to see the white UNC helmet with a gray mask. The other one floating about with the blue mask is 10x better.

This. Also, UNC should just drop the blue helmet and switch to a white one full time, or keep it as an alternate.

Why? You do realize that UNC hasn't worn anything other than a Carolina Blue helmet in nearly 50 years, right?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Wow nice catch...I didn't notice the pants until just now. I think the jersey is enough though...not really feeling a grey-out for WVA.

Oh, it's gonna happen whether you like it or not. THE NIKE OVERLORDS DEMAND IT!

^_^

New alternates for WVU?

5xrol.jpg

Did anyone else miss the teeny bit of grey pants behind the jersey? I sure did.

Wow nice catch...I didn't notice the pants until just now. I think the jersey is enough though...not really feeling a grey-out for WVA.

I didn't notice it in that set, but I know TCU's grey jerseys came with a matching set of grey pants.

Archived