College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

It's disappointed to see the white UNC helmet with a gray mask. The other one floating about with the blue mask is 10x better.

This. Also, UNC should just drop the blue helmet and switch to a white one full time, or keep it as an alternate.

Why? You do realize that UNC hasn't worn anything other than a Carolina Blue helmet in nearly 50 years, right?

I do (technically, it's been 46 years :rolleyes: ) . The white helmet looks better. Simple as that. I've always thought they should be wearing white helmets, even before I started getting into uniforms. It just feels "right". White/Carolina Blue/White would look brilliant for them. The blue helmet should be an alternate. Simple as that. I really don't care how long you've been wearing a helmet, if you create on that is better, dammit you go with it.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(technically, it's been 46 years :rolleyes: )

I said "nearly 50."

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I said "nearly 50."

Texas Tech helmets:

helmettrioreal.png

Article

If they got rid of the matte helmet, that would be perfect. I was skeptical about the silver helmet, but that looks badass.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

The white helmet looks better. Simple as that. I've always thought they should be wearing white helmets, even before I started getting into uniforms. It just feels "right". White/Carolina Blue/White would look brilliant for them. The blue helmet should be an alternate. Simple as that. I really don't care how long you've been wearing a helmet, if you create on that is better, dammit you go with it.

UNC is the only school in the FBS that wears a light blue helmet. I think the white helmet looks good for an alternate look, but there's no way it should replace the classic Carolina Blue.

The beveled double T of Texas Tech has to be one of the worst BCS level identities out there, I look forward to the day Tech changes up their identity. As far as the helmets go the Black and White work but it would be sweet to see a Red helmet from them.

The white helmet looks better. Simple as that. I've always thought they should be wearing white helmets, even before I started getting into uniforms. It just feels "right". White/Carolina Blue/White would look brilliant for them. The blue helmet should be an alternate. Simple as that. I really don't care how long you've been wearing a helmet, if you create on that is better, dammit you go with it.

UNC is the only school in the FBS that wears a light blue helmet. I think the white helmet looks good for an alternate look, but there's no way it should replace the classic Carolina Blue.

I never said to get rid of the blue helmet, but in my opinion, I think the white helmet looks better, and that they should make that their primary and the blue their alternate.

I think that silver helmet looks terrible and very 90's-ish

I'm with you man I don't like it at all. Looks forced.

It's really starting to annoy me. The gray has got to stop. It works very well for some teams like Oklahoma State or even West Virginia but this is bad.

spacer.png

It's really starting to annoy me. The gray has got to stop. It works very well for some teams like Oklahoma State or even West Virginia but this is bad.

But it's SHINY and THE RECRUITS LOVE IT!

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

reminds me of unlv which is not a good thing

If Texas Tech must have more than 3 helmets, I wonder why they haven't tried red helmets. The logo on red doesn't look bad at all. Definitely better than on silver.

NEFncaa2Tbasictextechrai-redblk.jpg

Agreed. They are the RED raiders, not the black raiders. That being said, I personally like the silver helmet. Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't they used silver before (at least as an accent color)? Some schools can pull off the grey, some can't. I think TT can.

It's disappointed to see the white UNC helmet with a gray mask. The other one floating about with the blue mask is 10x better.

This. Also, UNC should just drop the blue helmet and switch to a white one full time, or keep it as an alternate.

Why? You do realize that UNC hasn't worn anything other than a Carolina Blue helmet in nearly 50 years, right?

I do (technically, it's been 46 years :rolleyes: ) . The white helmet looks better. Simple as that. I've always thought they should be wearing white helmets, even before I started getting into uniforms. It just feels "right". White/Carolina Blue/White would look brilliant for them. The blue helmet should be an alternate. Simple as that. I really don't care how long you've been wearing a helmet, if you create on that is better, dammit you go with it.

The white helmet isn't better. The Carolina blue helmet/Carolina blue jersey is one of the best looks in college football.

Agreed. They are the RED raiders, not the black raiders. That being said, I personally like the silver helmet. Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't they used silver before (at least as an accent color)? Some schools can pull off the grey, some can't. I think TT can.

From pictures I've seen, I think they wore silver pants in the early 90s. Could be wrong. But I think I remember Zach Thomas wearing some silver pants. Silver/gray is used in the beveling part of the TT logo.

I'm having a hard time determining if the pant here are a light silver, or super bright white...a bunch of pictures on Getty make it look like they could go either way.

1995 Texas Tech

White pants?

The shiny black helmets are the best option. Texas Tech is black helmets, black and red jerseys. That's a good look for them.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The white helmet isn't better. The Carolina blue helmet/Carolina blue jersey is one of the best looks in college football.

I personally think the blue helmet/white jersey/blue pants combo is our best look.

Yeah that works too. Looks really good. I like the pants, but I loved when the stripes went all the way down. I grew up loving the uniform worn by Natrone Means and Bucky Brooks.

1992 UNC away set

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I said "nearly 50."

Texas Tech helmets:

helmettrioreal.png

Article

So why the same two helmets, but one with a different finish?

They need a black one, white one, and maybe a red one. No matte. No silver.

CFB is way into BFBS, GFGS, matte, and gray "retro" masks. It's pretty annoying.

Honorable mention of overkill goes to some type of camo or american flag colors...and no, I'm not being unpatriotic.

KISSwall09.jpg

From pictures I've seen, I think they wore silver pants in the early 90s. Could be wrong. But I think I remember Zach Thomas wearing some silver pants. Silver/gray is used in the beveling part of the TT logo.

I'm having a hard time determining if the pant here are a light silver, or super bright white...a bunch of pictures on Getty make it look like they could go either way.

1995 Texas Tech

White pants?

The shiny black helmets are the best option. Texas Tech is black helmets, black and red jerseys. That's a good look for them.

they definitely wore silver falcons style pants during the bam morris years...I'm going to say the ones in the link are silver as well but not 100% sure.

From an objective and neutral third party: I think the white helmet looks much better. You can argue that the blue is more unique and traditional, but it doesn't look as good IMO.

Archived