College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And thank you Mr.Grammar Nazi.

And I thought I came on to a message board, not to an English class. I'm pretty sure spleen and I just typed out our thoughts and then proceeded to hit the period key a few times without taking the time to count it out...does this please you?

hahahahahaha I love the unbridled vitriol I unleashed. Yes, it does please me. As a journalism grad and literate-American, I prefer when people don't make up their own grammar and punctuation. Come on boys, it was a joke.

We live in a society of rules and laws, and if we break them, what's the point of society? :rolleyes:

You spelled Pro wrong... its P-r-o, not P-r.

90758391980.gif

Yeah, adidas is ?uckin' up.

BUT:

ScreenShot2012-08-13at21149PM.png

See, I don't remember that. See, in my opinion, if you don't win jack sh¡t in 30 years, you're not special. Boise State at least wins consistently, Notre Dame should try that some time. That and beating a halfway decent opponent.

but THIS:

ScreenShot2012-08-13at21209PM.png

Is reason 9224 why I hate domers. The double exclamation point on the ridiculously idiotic and uniformed statement puts it over the top. Way to go ND, the most prestigious university in all of north central Indiana.

So i take it you don't like Notre Dame huh? Jeesh, give it a rest dude you sound butt-hurt. You're gonna have traditionalists and non-traditionalists everywhere you go. Notre Dame has beautiful uniforms as it stands, with a lot of history behind them, so you're bound to have people upset and torn on the issue. Would there be the same amount of people mad if Adidas created radically different uniforms for IU Basketball? I have no doubt there would. Keep the hate for ND fans on a different board.

My best guess on the ND uni from what we've seen so far:

ND_Chicago_G_02.jpg

Quick nit pick: Notre Dame is the home team for the game they will be wearing these jerseys. Appreciate you making this mock-up though.

We haven't see the jerseys so I didn't speculate on color. Could be Green, could be blue, hell, it could be white, but I just left my template blank.

EDIT: Also, sorry bout the ND stuff, not the right place for it, but I still :censored:ing hate domers. Grew up around them. Related to 'em. Former friends with 'em. Don't like em. Grew up hating the school and every year I find 10 new reasons why my hate moved from irrational to rational.

Notre Dames helmet for the Shamrock series.

312073_10152027117355249_545900778_n.jpg

They're doing the engine-turned thing again. I liked those helmets the first go-round. And if that other promo shot does indicate navy pants w/ stripe, I think I'll end up liking these a lot. (So far I've seen no trace or indication of green...wonder if that'll be the case when these come out.)

Oh.....and for those of y'all wanting to burn down Adidas' front door behind this upcoming set, you might wanna redirect your firebombs towards the front door of Brian Kelly's office...he/ND's athletic drpartment gave the go-ahead on these...same as it goes for any other program.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Yeah, it's really adidas' fault that Notre Dame agreed to do the Shamrock Series with them and approved these uniforms. And we've only seen 2 teaser pictures so far, hardly anything to freak out about. And I think most people would agree that ND looked great in last year's Shamrock Series game. The helmet was actually my favorite part of that set.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

312073_10152027117355249_545900778_n.jpg

They're doing the engine-turned thing again. I liked those helmets the first go-round. And if that other promo shot does indicate navy pants w/ stripe, I think I'll end up liking these a lot. (So far I've seen no trace or indication of green...wonder if that'll be the case when these come out.)

Oh.....and for those of y'all wanting to burn down Adidas' front door behind this upcoming set, you might wanna redirect your firebombs towards the front door of Brian Kelly's office...he/ND's athletic drpartment gave the go-ahead on these...same as it goes for any other program.

There almost certainly gold pants with a blue/white stripe insert. See: Here.

ND_Chicago_G_02.jpg

Am I the only one who's getting more of a Pitt vibe from what we've seen than Notre Dame? What with this mockup and the sneak peeks, I can't help but think of Pitt first, in that it looks much more like something the Panthers would wear.

I'll reserve further judgement till the full reveal, but I'm not sure I'm digging this one for the Irish.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

ND_Chicago_G_02.jpg

I think thus far that is a very good guess, Tim.

I'm betting that there will be a giant interlocking ND, or an interlocking ND within a shamrock on the front of the jersey.

Will there be a shamrock on the helmet?

(image)

Yeah, I guess you have a point with blaming Kelly/ND. But if it helps bring in recurits (which we have been with Kelly), all ND fans should be for it. And Rockne was known as a great entertainer, so maybe even he would be for the Shamrock Series. I just don't want us to look like clowns out there, and ND should NEVER wear anything but a gold helmet. Even stripes are pushing it for me. I don't see any stripes on the dome that sits just yards away from me at ND.

And TimE, give it a rest! I couldn't agree with butlerpilgrim more...if IU did this in basketball you'd go ape:censored: too. Same goes for fans of Southern Cal, Bama, PSU (pre-Sandusky), etc, etc.

And TimE, give it a rest! I couldn't agree with butlerpilgrim more...if IU did this in basketball you'd go ape:censored: too. Same goes for fans of Southern Cal, Bama, PSU (pre-Sandusky), etc, etc.

If you read that post of mine, it starts out with me claiming that adidas is ƒucking up ND. I agree with your and other people's sentiments about what a ND uni should look like. You can tweak and alter and throwback, but gold pants and gold helmet and as few stripes on them as possible.

Then I took a shot at ND's "winning tradition" :wink2:, not their uni tradition, but I can see the confusion. It made sense in my head. Then I unnecessarily called out a moron (that seems superfluous in hindsight. He's still a moron, this just isn't the place for such mockery). So sorry for that, but my critique of the program still stands.

If you read that post of mine, it starts out with me claiming that adidas is ?ucking up ND. I agree with your and other people's sentiments about what a ND uni should look like. You can tweak and alter and throwback, but gold pants and gold helmet and as few stripes on them as possible.

Then I took a shot at ND's "winning tradition" :wink2:, not their uni tradition, but I can see the confusion. It made sense in my head. Then I unnecessarily called out a moron (that seems superfluous in hindsight. He's still a moron, this just isn't the place for such mockery). So sorry for that, but my critique of the program still stands.

I am a die hard Notre Dame fan, but I can understand why you, and many other people hate the University and its Football team. We usually get enough of that stuff everywhere else though, haha. Wasn't trying to be a snob, because I really do appreciate your work, and what you bring to the board.

Archived