College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dont think its what we think it is . . .

screenshot20120814at707.png

That's some wide ass kerning...

And shouldn't it be "FIGHTING" with two Gs?

i dont know, but if theres another G it widens the kerning more

it could be the name plate on the back too. Irish with, i dont know a clover and number underneath? with the ND monogram on front?

I'm not sure about the nameplate. I doubt it would be directly stitched. That kind of application is usually for things like a small team name on the chest. If it were the nameplate, wouldn't it be actual pieces of fabric stitched on, like a NOB?

Im going out on a limb here, but i think this may go along the lines of how both Wisco and Nebraska went. Wisconsin and Nebraska this year, Michigan last year all used a block letter in the front of their jersey with a number on the upper left chest. All of them are ADIDAS schools, and all worn on special occasions. I would not be surprised if this was a massive shamrock in them middle of the jersey, or something of the sort, with numbers on the left chest.

Miami.png

Notre Dame

484435_10152027124660249_1542223730_n.jpg

If that's simply "IRISH" over a gold number on the front I feel MUCH better.

Don't think there's a Fighting though. My guess is that's a single digit number.

The numbers were described to me as a cross between old-UCLA style and the font that Adidas has used on ND basketball and lacrosse jerseys in the past.

The numbers are also supposed to be made of the same stretchy, breathable TechFit fabric as the jerseys. That will either improve things greatly or make them infinitely worse.

I bet it's a glove or a cleat. If you look closely at the gold, there's some sort of texture...could be rubber from a glove perhaps.

This is the glove.

480985_482464241783127_1922717430_n.jpg

Funny thing is. We know the cleats are orange and green. But so far no green anywhere else on the uni. Mostly blue from the looks of it. Meaning these cleats are going to be one hell of an eyesore. Or these jerseys are even tackier than i can imagine...

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Funny thing is. We know the cleats are orange and green. But so far no green anywhere else on the uni. Mostly blue from the looks of it. Meaning these cleats are going to be one hell of an eyesore. Or these jerseys are even tackier than i can imagine...

I might be wrong, but weren't the green/orange cleats for a game in Ireland. And these uniforms are for the "Shamrock Series" of special uniforms? I thought they were two different sets of uniforms for two separate occasions. But I could be wrong...

I bet it's a glove or a cleat. If you look closely at the gold, there's some sort of texture...could be rubber from a glove perhaps.

This is the glove.

The orange and green cleats are for the Navy game in Dublin. These teaser photos of the navy and gold uniform are for the Miami game.

jNTsTyQ.png

This is the glove.

You're getting mixed up. The orange and green accents are for the game against Navy in Dublin. The teaser images are for the Shamrock Series game against Miami in Chicago.

I love that black Duke helmet for its originality, but I think it would have been better if it was a matte blue helmet with a shiny blue D. The blueout makes more sense for Duke than the blackout, and it's not been done like that as far as I know (color on color, other than black).

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

This is the glove.

You're getting mixed up. The orange and green accents are for the game against Navy in Dublin. The teaser images are for the Shamrock Series game against Miami in Chicago.

I love that black Duke helmet for its originality, but I think it would have been better if it was a matte blue helmet with a shiny blue D. The blueout makes more sense for Duke than the blackout, and it's not been done like that as far as I know (color on color, other than black).

What's original about it? If anything, it's just copying a trend, and horribly.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

This is the glove.

Copying trends is the entire raison d'être for one-off uniforms. The only other helmet in the history of college football that has been similar to this, as far as I know, was Missouri's Pro Combat helmet, which was a dark grey matte finish with a shiny black M. This is the first, and thus, original blackout helmet in college football (again, as far as I know). I don't see how it's 'horribly' following the trend. I'm curious as to how you would improve the execution of a black on black helmet. Seems to me there's only so many ways you can do it, and this is the best way, other than making it a blueout helmet. It's also entirely possible that the design of the uniform could be such a letdown that I will no longer like the helmet in a few months.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

This is the glove.

Copying trends is the entire raison d'être for one-off uniforms. The only other helmet in the history of college football that has been similar to this, as far as I know, was Missouri's Pro Combat helmet, which was a dark grey matte finish with a shiny black M. This is the first, and thus, original blackout helmet in college football (again, as far as I know). I don't see how it's 'horribly' following the trend. I'm curious as to how you would improve the execution of a black on black helmet. Seems to me there's only so many ways you can do it, and this is the best way, other than making it a blueout helmet. It's also entirely possible that the design of the uniform could be such a letdown that I will no longer like the helmet in a few months.

is the logo a spot UV or just a normal gloss vinyl?

only other black on black ive seen is this and not sure if it was even used

75804497737304843304.png

maybe Cincinnati had one?

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

This is the glove.

75804497737304843304.png

Yeah that picture you posted is a photoshop of the Cincinnati helmet.

headlinin_the_countdown_begins_to_texas_aampms_big_departure.jpg

75804497737304843304.png

To me it looks like a normal, shiny vinyl decal on a matte helmet, but I haven't really seen a closeup. I think the problem with the EWU version there is that there's no texture or finish to differentiate the logo, so from far away, not only can you not tell what's on the helmet, you probably can't tell that anything's there. I think the contrast of the matte and glossy finishes gives the Duke helmet some extra appeal in the form of tactility; something beyond the visual, which is one reason why I like it. You might not be able to tell it's a D from far away, but you can tell something's there, and I think that's fine for one game.

EDIT: Well, scratch all that about the EWU helmet, since it's a Photoshop. Did Cincinnati ever wear that helmet. I now recall seeing that photo before, so Duke's helmet obviously isn't the first of its kind, but I don't recall Cincinnati wearing the helmet. Either way, it's not a very common treatment in college football, even if we see it in abundance on motorcycles, Escalades, streetwear, etc. and I think it could be the basis of a very interesting one-off uniform if supported by the right jersey and pants.

This is the glove.

75804497737304843304.png

Yeah that picture you posted is a photoshop of the Cincinnati helmet.

headlinin_the_countdown_begins_to_texas_aampms_big_departure.jpg

well ill be damned

yea i dont remember seeing Cinci wearing those either. maybe just a prototype?

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived