College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Going through all the swatches they have released, it's looking like they'll be going blue tops/blue pants in this game. Gold numbers on front, and the new one released today looks to me like the side of the sleeve, with Adidas' new favorite two stripe shoulder design. It's hard to tell though.

You're almost wrong across the board. Tim, you've also regressed back into the box.

You keep saying sh¡t like this and I keep wavering between not believing you and fearing what you're hinting at. If I'm that far off, I can't imagine that these unis are going to be well received or reviewed.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CMU looks awesome. Their BFBS is especially cool. I am intimidated just looking at it. Imagine how terrified the players on Michigan State will be when they have to line up against that! :shocked: They might not even make it out there to face them.

And the part on where their underarms say "Fire up" and "Chips" just really makes me want to get so excited and pumped up.

WOW!!!!

!!!!

!!

New Central Michigan unis. Link to more pics from the unveiling.

YXBPWQKVBNPFWPU.20120815221002.jpg

SFPCNNGNRUHFVMD.20120815204148.JPG

RAVZREQLNRZETNM.20120815204148.JPG

>new uniforms

>they look like they're from 2006

I do like that black helmet though. Mostly for the helmet stripe.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Well, whatever the case, from the four pictures of the uniforms we've seen (one was of the gloves) I'm pretty damn sure I got these elements right:

ND_Chicago_G_08.jpg

True. Funny how that works. I have no idea how these will be received. I'd guess, as with every uniform that comes out, some will love them, some will hate them and some will be shocked, but speaking purely from a design perspective, they really are nice. It should be noted that I am very difficult to please in that regard, but all the elements work extremely well together (and no, I had no hand in designing them, so don't call me biased). Even if the visual style or theme doesn't really float your boat, these uniforms are unique, they are original and they are not afraid to own that theme, for which they (hopefully) will be commended whether they are liked or disliked.

I mean, David Carson made some butt-ugly designs in his day, but he is lauded (and deservedly so) for not being afraid to shake the box in a knowledgable way.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I mean, David Carson made some butt-ugly designs in his day, but he is lauded (and deservedly so) for not being afraid to shake the box in a knowledgable way.

He published an entire article in dingbat. He's awful (I'm a fan of modernism and art deco, not bullsh¡t, haha). He is entertaining in Helvetica, though...

He published an entire article in dingbat. He's awful (I'm a fan of modernism and art deco, not bullsh¡t, haha). He is entertaining in Helvetica, though...

I never liked his work, either, but his work is important in the history and evolution of graphic design. He worked in a very experimental, confident manner, and basically said, "I know why you guys do it this way, but there's no reason you can't do it this way every now and then and see where it takes you." There is a very innovative facet of design today that is thriving and even steering the trends. It might not exist as it does without people like David Carson.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Well, whatever the case, from the four pictures of the uniforms we've seen (one was of the gloves) I'm pretty damn sure I got these elements right:

True. Funny how that works. I have no idea how these will be received. I'd guess, as with every uniform that comes out, some will love them, some will hate them and some will be shocked, but speaking purely from a design perspective, they really are nice. It should be noted that I am very difficult to please in that regard, but all the elements work extremely well together (and no, I had no hand in designing them, so don't call me biased). Even if the visual style or theme doesn't really float your boat, these uniforms are unique, they are original and they are not afraid to own that theme, for which they (hopefully) will be commended whether they are liked or disliked.

This comment really scares me...I'm bracing myself for monochrome blue.

>greentexting on CCSLC

I'm so used to 4chan, it's ingrained in me :wacko:

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

With "updates" to Eastern Michigan, Bowling Green, CMU and UMass, the MAC easily has the worst uniforms in the country. Add those four with uniforms like Kent State, Buffalo, Toledo, and now even Ohio. The only two teams that really have decent uniforms are Miami and Western Michigan.

Eh... Central's not that bad. The template might be generic, but I don't think it looks "outdated" to anyone but us logo nerds and it utilizes their colors very well. I could do without the BFBS uniform though.

Archived