College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

I love both the traditional unis and what Oregon does, not sure why it has to be one or the other. As for my Gophs love the new unis especially maroon tops and gold pants.

I love both the traditional unis and what Oregon does, not sure why it has to be one or the other. As for my Gophs love the new unis especially maroon tops and gold pants.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of my favorite uniform traits in sports is to not use outlines on non white numbers when the two colors are contrasting enough.

I'm a lifelong Horns fan myself and certainly understand your point about traditional looks.

As a lifelong Cornhusker, I hate me some Longhorns and Sooners, but I have to agree that all three teams have amazing, classic uniforms that aren't covered in random logos, piping or gradients.

Quick - name the Top Ten winningest teams in college football! In no particular order: Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas, Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Alabama, Tennessee and USC.

Not a single one of them wear gimmicky Oregon costumes.

It's pretty to explain why that is. Do we really need to have the discussion again?

I don't like the shiny crap on the collar. Reminds me of Purdue's new uniforms, which I'm not a fan of. This is just Nike's most recent generic uniform design they make for everyone, but with slight tweaks to make it "unique" for minnesota, which is disappointing.

I'm glad we have the TV numbers back on the shoulder.

Minnesota on the back of the Yellow jersey is a little gimmicky.. Leave that Stuff for the Army Academy.

I'm a fan of classic uniforms. Uniforms that don't have to be changed with the current trend. This uniform is one that will be tweaked and changed within 5 years. It would have been nice to get something with lasting appeal. But that's something we've never had and probably never will at Minnesota

256dy87.jpg

374357_312846248759482_185828591461249_960647_2104592525_n.jpg

Am I the only one who doesn't like this font, Accept for the A that looks our of place I like the rest of it

that font is all over the place. its like you never know how the serifs will be used from letter to letter. the "T" dosent have any. overall it looks really cheap. id be absolutely embarrassed if i were the one who let that kerning issue go public

@Bucskick20, what would have to change about the uniform? theres nothing on them but numbers and a logo on the helmet. (the brick pattern isnt a big deal. could easily lose that) matte finish aside, it couldnt possibly be simpler or more timeless

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

As much as people seem to hate on Nike, incorporating the brick pattern from their Memorial Stadium on to their numbers is pretty cool concept for the Gophers. I love that we are seeing jerseys customized to the college to make them one of a kind and straying away from the generic football template. That's always been one thing I've loved about Nike's college basketball uniforms with the art on the back.

The Bricks are a nod to old Memorial Stadium

Two problems with the concept. One is that the black is practically unnoticeable against maroon. The other is that the brickhouse was torn down before the players were born. It was a neat place, but not that legendary, like the "barn" the bball team plays in.

Regardless, it is still unique to Minnesota and a part of their history. I applaud them for doing this.

405205_224541384298454_123287287757198_483417_1530320188_n.jpg

The yellows match when you are looking at them in person - the picture seems to be way over exposed.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

The yellows match when you are looking at them in person - the picture seems to be way over exposed.

I love it when colleges go with the cartoony mascot on the helmet!

That said, what school is this? ^_^

Appalachian State I believe. Does anyone have a good quality version of this logo?

spacer.png

Is this a throwback or something? I see the more modern looking logo in the background.

Is this a throwback or something? I see the more modern looking logo in the background.

It's Appalachian State. This is the throwback logo to the 1970s, it used to be on a gold helmet with a black stripe in between two white ones. (Look at The Helmet Project - http://nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/)

The head in the background seems to be phasing out as many alumni prefer the Block A logo. It's been removed from the basketball court and isn't found anywhere on campus except on the baseball team's hat.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Looks like a UA uniform instead of Nike, weird.

No, that's the Miami/Nevada template.

clinton-portis-miami-hurricanes-national-champions-autographed-photograph-3332556.jpg

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

@Bucskick20, what would have to change about the uniform? theres nothing on them but numbers and a logo on the helmet. (the brick pattern isnt a big deal. could easily lose that) matte finish aside, it couldnt possibly be simpler or more timeless

To be honest I just hate the shiny striping on the collar. I hate that style of accenting that Nike does. But this look of the uniform, probably because of his hand placement, is fantastic.

maroon_gold_400h.jpg

256dy87.jpg

374357_312846248759482_185828591461249_960647_2104592525_n.jpg

Am I the only one who doesn't like this font, Accept for the A that looks our of place I like the rest of it

that font is all over the place. its like you never know how the serifs will be used from letter to letter. the "T" dosent have any. overall it looks really cheap. id be absolutely embarrassed if i were the one who let that kerning issue go public

True, any idea what font this is?

It's Appalachian State. This is the throwback logo to the 1970s, it used to be on a gold helmet with a black stripe in between two white ones. (Look at The Helmet Project - http://nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/)

The head in the background seems to be phasing out as many alumni prefer the Block A logo. It's been removed from the basketball court and isn't found anywhere on campus except on the baseball team's hat.

I sorta like that helmet, Im going to look up some pictures from that game

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Archived