wILL-INI

College Football 2012 Season

Oregon jerseys, to save you a click:

A0d25kRCYAAktN_.jpg

I think the black looks the worst. Why not do a gloss on top of the black like the Rose Bowl jerseys kinda? I guess you could say that about the yellow one too. The green one looks pretty great though.

The first one is definitely yellow, the black looks good. the wings are the same colors as last years jerseys. and the Green one looks like a Fighting Ducks version.

Taking a closer look at those, they are definitely replicas. No flywire, Size L tag, loose sleeves.

August 22nd is reveal day according the the school store's instagram page.

Expect to see shiny "feathers" on all jerseys.

The helmet...I don't care how much work was put into them or what kind of gold it is - bottom line, they're awful helmets.

I agree. That being said, the split helmet idea is a good one.... for Miami. Think about it: orange on one side, green on the other side, with a fat white stripe down the middle.

I like this idea. I think other people might fancy it a tad too 'jester-like' for college football, but I think it would look great.

I lean more traditional than not, but I would certainly sign off on such a design for Miami. They're the only team I can think of that could make it not only work, but look good. Unlike other teams doing it "just cause", it would actually fit the Canes.

Eh. Call me "stuck in the mud" (weird to apply that term to someone under 30) but I just think the split helmet design is terrible. Would it "fit" the 'Canes? Sure. Would that make it look good? Not in my opinion.

I can certainly appreciate the time and skill that went into these ND helmets, and I appreciate the consistency with the design elements, I just don't think that helmet looks good. Again, call my opinions "boring" or "dull" but it just doesn't look like a football helmet should to me.

The pants would be fine if they applied the stripe to the other side as well.

The jerseys are the best parts, and I'd dare say could work as permanent "updates" of ND's classic look if paired with the traditional pants and helmets. I just don't like that helmet. Sorry, the asymmetry kills the design for me.

Oregon's unis are awesome. The feather look much more natural than the previous razor wings. And that helmet is awesome if used once a season.

Oregon looks awesome! I love the new jerseys. I wish the helmet didn't look like it's just blank unless you see it from a certain angle or the light hits it just right.

And stop complaining about the supposed problem with "two" wing designs. Those aren't wings on the shoulders, they're feathers. :rolleyes:

574530_405664142815769_1200837347_n.jpg

HGI posted this image. Now they are "covering" up the front bumper, but I'm starting to second guess the Army guess... To me that word doesn't say ARMY. You can kinda see the third letter, which doesn't look like an M. Unless they are using a slogan or a different font. Maybe it a stencil font, but I donno. thoughts?

NAVY? sure dosent look like an M in there

I'm going to murder the next person to even hint that that helmet isn't army's.

Combat_Uniform_Helmet_350x350.jpg

So...

Its Navy, right?

no way! thats def. penn state dude! look at the stripe its blue!! [sarcasm]

Nahh its the Coast Guard academy's lol i think they should have a football team.

Anybody else think these ND helmets will never actually hit the field? Way too much of a negative backlash. Jersey is nice, great font.

I was thinking the same thing. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole uniform gets scrapped.

I doubt ND will ignore the will of their Adidas overlords like that.

ND has several overlords to deal with...And I just want to see the jersey paired with the normal uniform. The font is an absolute homerun. Scrap the stupid undershirt TV numbers though.

I think Oregon's jerseys came out very well, though I'll hold off on my final judgement until I see the 65 other jerseys they have in the set. All-volt jersey anyone?

What I've seen so far of Oregon, I like. Feathers look good on the shoulders, and that (apparently) kelly green jersey is fantastic. I like the winged green helmet too, it's really what should've been worn with that Rose Bowl set.

Personally, I'm still crossing my fingers that just once, the Ducks pull out a (non-throwback) yellow-green-yellow combo. If not that, then yellow-white-green. I'll be doing backflips if either happens, I just think they'd look fantastic, especially if it were to be with the kelly green.

Oregon-Ducks-2012-Helmet-03.jpeg

Oregon-Ducks-2012-Helmet-02.jpeg

body appears to be faux carbon-fiber and the wings liquidchrome

Maybe if there's enough backlash they'll use the regular helmets for the game...maybe...otherwise I may have to take my talents to Bloomington.

Like last year, these helmets were all handmade (hand-decorated?) by Troy Lee Designs. Real gold leaf turned by skilled craftsmen is probably worth quite a bit. I would all but guarantee these will not go to waste.

Here's what I get from these: Obvious vintage racing influence with the striping, the finishes, the asymmetrical elements, et al, which makes sense for Notre Dame (vintage) and Indiana/Michigan, as well as Troy Lee Designs (racing). The most interesting part about this for me, though, is the relationship between the left and right side. Look at the right side, and this is a total departure for Notre Dame, but look at it from the left side, and it's a very standard Notre Dame uniform cut from their own DNA, and a great looking one at that.

What makes it work, though, is the care shown in the design. The white stripe permeates throughout the uniform in a nearly perfect way. The helmet, the outlines on the numerals, the solid white graphics and team/player name lettering, the stripes on the ends of the undershirt, the edges of the pant stripe, the center stripe on the socks; it's a textbook display of repetition and unity in design, it's original, it's interesting, and it's fun. If I was going to design a uniform that Notre Dame would wear permanently, this wouldn't be it, but as a one-time uniform, I love it.

It's crap like this (and the shenanigans that Nike and Under Armour pull as well) which illustrate why the NCAA needs to step in and create more concrete uniform rules. It's no longer just a Phil Knight thing. Kevin Plank and whoever's in charge of Adidas in the US are just as culpable in this mess.

NFL-style rules about uniforms would never fly, but the NCAA needs to draw a line.

I see your point, but I much prefer a wild one-time-only uniform than an Oregon or Oklahoma State-esque approach in which you never know what your team is going to look like.

Hmm, so thje only guy that likes it is on adidas' payroll...

you know that has nothing to do with it. hes free to think for himself. at least Andrew can critique the uniform and state a case for WHY he likes it instead of just saying "its terrible" or "i love it". I'll have a LOT to say about this uniform soon, but ill be on the other side from Andrew on this one.

im starting to get the feeling thats an Army helmet. . . .

unless it's Navy *ducks*

Except I do think it has something to do with it (or I wouldn't have brought it up). It is an offensive uniform (save for the shirt).

Loving the new shade of green.

Well, it's the actual school color. Or at least, the green they used before they became Nike's guinea pigs.

4_611358.png

Not another version of the ugliest helmet ever made! Oregon has gone off the deep end!

Oregon jerseys, to save you a click:

A0d25kRCYAAktN_.jpg

I think the black looks the worst. Why not do a gloss on top of the black like the Rose Bowl jerseys kinda? I guess you could say that about the yellow one too. The green one looks pretty great though.

The jerseys are not as bad as the helmet....I just don't get why teams want a helmet without a logo. I can see teams like Navy, Ohio State, Alabama, but for non-traditional teams to remove the logo does not make sense..aka Maryland and Oregon.

It has wings on the helmet. It's not like it's blank.

4_611358.png

Another version of the best helmet ever made! Oregon hasn't gone off the deep end!

FYP ;)

You can only see it from certain angles therefore it is blank. Oregon was the reason that made me love modern designs, but now they are the reason that I prefer more traditional designs.

You can only see it from certain angles therefore it is blank. Oregon was the reason that made me love modern designs, but now they are the reason that I prefer more traditional designs.

I am fairly certain that Oregon is still going to use the helmets with the O logo. These wing helmets will just be another option for them.