College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

The standard double O helmet was the one constant that held together a fractious and ever changing identity. Without it, I think Oregon suffers from poor identity and bad. (yes, "bad" is a noun in that sentence.)

But I shouldn't even be having this argument/conversation with you because clearly you're an irrational person, what with your Chief Illiniwek avatar - a super racist mascot that infamously shucked and jived it's way into NCAA obliteration and yet silly white Illini fans cling to the last vestiges of the racism of their youth.

1. Wouldn't "bad" be a verb in that sentence?

2. Indians don't "shuck and jive." We drink a lot and live on reservations. Get your racist stereotypes straight.

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The standard double O helmet was the one constant that held together a fractious and ever changing identity. Without it, I think Oregon suffers from poor identity and bad. (yes, "bad" is a noun in that sentence.)

But I shouldn't even be having this argument/conversation with you because clearly you're an irrational person, what with your Chief Illiniwek avatar - a super racist mascot that infamously shucked and jived it's way into NCAA obliteration and yet silly white Illini fans cling to the last vestiges of the racism of their youth.

1. Wouldn't "bad" be a verb in that sentence?

2. Indians don't "shuck and jive." We drink a lot and live on reservations. Get your racist stereotypes straight.

1. No, I used it as a noun.

A0d25kRCYAAktN_.jpg

Why does the black alternate have an Oregon "shield" logo on the chest, while the others just feature the standard O logo?

Is black supposed to be all "military" and "hard?" They get a shield?

The discrepancy bugs me.

They probably all have the shield, the Rose Bowl Unis did, it's just probably hard to see from the low quality of the image.

EDIT:2012-Green-Oregon-Football-Jersey-4.jpg

4_611358.png

Not another version of the ugliest helmet ever made! Oregon has gone off the deep end!

It was nowhere near close to the ugliest helmet ever made

That looks nothing like the nd helmet :P

Seriously though I think Tulsa takes the cake.

I'm liking this set I just hope they have like carbon pattern on the black jerseys. That light grey looks kinda cheap.

4_611358.png

Not another version of the ugliest helmet ever made! Oregon has gone off the deep end!

I'm liking this set I just hope they have like carbon pattern on the black jerseys. That light grey looks kinda cheap.

what about those western michigan monstrosities?!?!

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

So what's the deal with Oregon leaking this picture late last month?

483977_269780813127595_429336127_n.jpg

That made it look the the double O helmet might be the primary helmet again.

I doubt they'd get rid of the double O helmet. That has started to become iconic IMO. The new green-winged helmet is probably just another alternate Oregon has to offer.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Why? Does it also make it look like the white jersey and black pants will be the primaries?

4_611358.png

These helmets may not the worst ever, but they are the worst helmets that Oregon has ever had.

spacer.png

Why? Does it also make it look like the white jersey and black pants will be the primaries?

Can you even say that Oregon has primaries?

USC updating to Speed Machine Uniforms

446f92c5-e0fc-c470.jpg

I'm glad they switched to the new template. Their shoulder stripes always looked bad on the old template.

I really like the way these shoulder stripes are looking on the flywire template. Colts, SMU, USC.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Can you even say that Oregon has primaries?

Ok, so primary might be the wrong word, but I thought that would be the template (not the color scheme) for this season, just like I assume the pants in that image (stripeless) will be the template for the pants this season.

Archived