College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think we need to see the whole Oregon package before making any judgments about it. if anyone is going to surprise us its them. they could have a couple of winged helmets and a couple of the O helmets. im pretty excited to see it all together

I used to be excited to see new Oregon designs, but last years Rose Bowl uniforms ruined me.

spacer.png

Eh. Call me "stuck in the mud" (weird to apply that term to someone under 30) but I just think the split helmet design is terrible. Would it "fit" the 'Canes? Sure. Would that make it look good? Not in my opinion.

I can certainly appreciate the time and skill that went into these ND helmets, and I appreciate the consistency with the design elements, I just don't think that helmet looks good. Again, call my opinions "boring" or "dull" but it just doesn't look like a football helmet should to me.

The pants would be fine if they applied the stripe to the other side as well.

The jerseys are the best parts, and I'd dare say could work as permanent "updates" of ND's classic look if paired with the traditional pants and helmets. I just don't like that helmet. Sorry, the asymmetry kills the design for me.

I think that's a solid assessment.

Hmm, so thje only guy that likes it is on adidas' payroll...

you know that has nothing to do with it. hes free to think for himself. at least Andrew can critique the uniform and state a case for WHY he likes it instead of just saying "its terrible" or "i love it". I'll have a LOT to say about this uniform soon, but ill be on the other side from Andrew on this one.

im starting to get the feeling thats an Army helmet. . . .

Except I do think it has something to do with it (or I wouldn't have brought it up). It is an offensive uniform (save for the shirt).

well beauty is in the eye of the beholder. hes not their PR guy and i dont think the designs even came from his building or people he works directly with. he gave a good critique of the uniform explaining why he liked it. im not a fan of the uniform either but to say he likes it just because of the manufacturer is taking it a bit too far. i dont think anyone here is THAT bias

True. Also keep in mind that I never said I liked or disliked the actual style or look of the uniform, other than to say I don't think it would be a good choice for a permanent uniform, but that it works as a one-off. I simply gave an objective assessment of why they are well-designed. Some people can't separate the two, and some people can't help but be cynical.

USC updating to Speed Machine Uniforms

446f92c5-e0fc-c470.jpg

Interesting. I expected Texas to, but it appears they didn't.

That's a great look for USC.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

446f92c5-e0fc-c470.jpg

This is the exact same jersey as the Texans, just different colors. I think it's an improvement for both teams.

No contrasting color collar, though. But yeah, the USC jerseys look great. That color combo is so striking. This is a team where a matte helmet might accentuate the color contrast and pop better on TV rather than mute the colors.

446f92c5-e0fc-c470.jpg

This is the exact same jersey as the Texans, just different colors. I think it's an improvement for both teams.

No contrasting color collar, though. But yeah, the USC jerseys look great. That color combo is so striking. This is a team where a matte helmet might accentuate the color contrast and pop better on TV rather than mute the colors.

USC's pearl paint job on the helmets is one of the best in FBS. A matte helmet would be a downgrade.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

446f92c5-e0fc-c470.jpg

Yeah I forgot about the contrasting collar. You know what I meant though.

A0h2YTbCYAAgiOY.jpg

so thats Navy's helmet right??

im not sure if its a wrap or paint, but my best guess is its a wrap. that would be a lot of layers of paint on the helmet to get all the colors in. so the wrap might have been the best solution for weight purposes. that said, for all i know its still paint

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

A0h2YTbCYAAgiOY.jpg

so thats Navy's helmet right??

im not sure if its a wrap or paint, but my best guess is its a wrap. that would be a lot of layers of paint on the helmet to get all the colors in. so the wrap might have been the best solution for weight purposes. that said, for all i know its still paint

Why I Oughta...!

Who cares if the camo has seams? Military uniforms have seams.

A0h2YTbCYAAgiOY.jpg

Who every did that camo print on the helmet did a horrible job. Its obviously not any of HGI's work, there stuff is seamless.

HGi did it and their stuff isn't seemless. That's one reason TCU's has a stripe now.

Archived