College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are standing on carpet, the shoes warrant zero discussion untill they are playing games on Saturday. They're just modeling for Christ's sake.

They wore navy shoes last season (including that exact model).

Furthermore, they have worn navy shoes for the past few seasons, since that distinction seems to matter so much to you.

FB%2009_10%20UK_FL%20%20WEB%20076.jpg

Just to let you know, this uniform design was from two years ago and the all-blue is beautiful, so GDU has a logical point.

spacer.png

Other than the black and the monochromes, these look pretty good.

The blue monochrome has been our standard home set for several years now.

All that means is its been a sucky look for several years now.

I respectfully disagree. I love the all-blue set as it is beautiful and not old and boring like the sets you like.

You are incapable of not being insulting.

I know, OldSchoolVIkings is always insulting me and my tastes all the time. I have been trying to turn a new leaf here people.

nuordr gonna nuordr.

New Order gonna New Order does not make any sense.

spacer.png

While Week 1 is only few days away, what will be the best looking matchup in the first week in CFB? To me, it will be #25 UL-UK, and hopefully Boise-MSU

OmCXq.AuSt.79.jpg

If Kentucky wears the Blue-White-Blue, and Louisville wears the White-Red-White I would say that would be the best looking game.

255448_412004638847805_164993003_n.jpgSetWidth445-louisville.jpg

spacer.png

They are standing on carpet, the shoes warrant zero discussion untill they are playing games on Saturday. They're just modeling for Christ's sake.

Furthermore, they have worn navy shoes for the past few seasons, since that distinction seems to matter so much to you.

Out of 100 players I'm sure you're right that at least a few wore those navy nikes. Just as many if not more wore all white or all black like a few years ago. What you didn't grasp from my earlier comments is that I don't care. I posted the uniform combo pics for people to discuss the uniforms. Shoes aren't really uniform pieces since players wear whatever they want(within reason). Because of that I think shoe debates here are pointless and even more infinetly pointless when it's a player modeling off the field.

Out of 100 players I'm sure you're right that at least a few wore those navy nikes. Just as many if not more wore all white or all black like a few years ago. What you didn't grasp from my earlier comments is that I don't care. I posted the uniform combo pics for people to discuss the uniforms. Shoes aren't really uniform pieces since players wear whatever they want(within reason). Because of that I think shoe debates here are pointless and even more infinetly pointless when it's a player modeling off the field.

Um, shoes are most definitely uniform pieces or else you'd never see them in templates. And cleats are provided by the schools and players wear "what they want" out of a choice of around 5 different designs, typically all the same color scheme or very similar. So no, it's not pointless because you'll see the players wear the same cleats in those uniform pictures as they do on gameday

They're just modeling for Christ's sake.

Which makes navy blue an even stranger choice.

No, it means they likely grabbed whatever was lying around. This isn't the message board that Rex Ryan posts at, you may want to try elsewhere for that one.

The modeling session is the one time you can show the uniform at its best, as it's meant to be worn. Grabbing whatever is lying around to use in the photo shoot completely defeats the purpose of it. That's trivial, though. You're missing the point. The fact that they have navy blue shoes lying around in the first place is the issue. How easy is it to order royal blue shoes? I guess there's the off chance that they're not offered in that color and/or Kentucky's not 'important' enough to get a custom shoe order (but I'm pretty sure royal blue is one of the stock colors in nearly all team shoes). If shoes aren't uniform pieces, then they should just be all black, but clearly the whole offensive line is wearing white shoes with navy blue trim in the above photo, which is an easily remedied visual problem.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

No, it means they likely grabbed whatever was lying around. This isn't the message board that Rex Ryan posts at, you may want to try elsewhere for that one.

The modeling session is the one time you can show the uniform at its best, as it's meant to be worn. Grabbing whatever is lying around to use in the photo shoot completely defeats the purpose of it. That's trivial, though. You're missing the point. The fact that they have navy blue shoes lying around in the first place is the issue. How easy is it to order royal blue shoes? I guess there's the off chance that they're not offered in that color and/or Kentucky's not 'important' enough to get a custom shoe order (but I'm pretty sure royal blue is one of the stock colors in nearly all team shoes). If shoes aren't uniform pieces, then they should just be all black, but clearly the whole offensive line is wearing white shoes with navy blue trim in the above photo, which is an easily remedied visual problem.

Eh, to each their own. The photoshoot looks like it was done in the locker room hallway or a hotel, not exactly professional grade. I suppose I can understand majority white vs. majority black as a legitamate debate. Trim color is trivial though. You're probably onto something mentioning that UK football isn't important enough.

Eh, to each their own. The photoshoot looks like it was done in the locker room hallway or a hotel, not exactly professional grade. I suppose I can understand majority white vs. majority black as a legitamate debate. Trim color is trivial though. You're probably onto something mentioning that UK football isn't important enough.

That might be exactly it. Not only is that last year's cleat model (though I'm almost positive they made those in royal blue as well), but it seems like it would make (possibly too much) sense to order these, no? Might be an issue of switching up their shoe order or maybe the new ones haven't come in. Hopefully they'll be in these by the start of games. I mean, they can't afford not to wear these. Looks like these were made for the team catalog specifically with UK and Air Force in mind.

nike-vapor-talon-elite-low-sport-royal-white-chrome.jpg

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I think those shoes are actually navy blue, but I agree that they should be a matching blue.

The shoes are black. The tongue part is a charcoal color.

They are navy blue (or obsidian or whatever Nike calls its dark navy blue) These are the ones that Arizona was issued, and you can clearly see they are A. navy blue and B. the same color as the ones the Kentucky players are wearing above.

I stand corrected. Thanks for posting the bigger pic.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

And Kansas, duke, & buffalo.

Well, Kansas is an adidas school, and neither Duke nor Buffalo use silver or grey liberally as an accent color. Both of them are more in the blue, white and black camp.

The blue monochrome has been our standard home set for several years now.

All that means is its been a sucky look for several years now.

I respectfully disagree. I love the all-blue set as it is beautiful and not old and boring like the sets you like.

You are incapable of not being insulting.

I know, OldSchoolVIkings is always insulting me and my tastes all the time. I have been trying to turn a new leaf here people.

Actually, if you look back over that particular exchange, and take a moment to really read and think about it, I think you can maybe see what Ice was trying to tell you.

My comment expressed my dislike of monochrome uniforms, which is what we do on this site... express uniform opinions. Your reply "respectfully disagreed" and expressed love for the monochrome... so far so good. But then you added that it was better than the "old and boring" sets favored by (and here is where you took the extra step) by me. And THAT is why Icecap hit you with the "insulting" comment.

I probably have "insulted your tastes all the time" because I obviously have different tastes, but you say I have insulted you. As in personally. So that begs the question... when? So me the post where I've personally insulted you, and I will apologize. I promise.

Now if the shoes were blue instead of black this set would be perfect.

I think those shoes are actually navy blue, but I agree that they should be a matching blue.

I wouldn't read to much into the shoes because those are last years model and nike has come out with completely new cleats.

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Archived