College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Coming at ya with another shot of those Ducks. Still really digging the nicer shade of green! It's also hard to tell, but I think this looks like their replicas have transitioned over to the NFL replica template.

New-2012-Oregon-Football-Uniforms.jpg

The kelly green look? Great. The rest? Terrible. It really is a sad state of affairs when teams don't want to wear their actual colours. Even the yellow jerseys don't count, as it appears that they're devoid of green.

The sad thing is every jersey would look pretty nice if they used both school colors.

TimEOB's yellow jersey concept looks good.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So....which one is faster? I would like these more if each school had a unique saying. I don't like throwing the same one on to each school's gear.

It's because they're all on the same team, Team Nike.

And that's my biggest beef with the swoosh, the make no effort to conceal the fact that they brand all their schools/teams in the same fashion. See: Volt. They make a lot of really nice designs, shoes, uniforms, etc. but dammit if they don't love to put themselves above the teams the represent. Especialy at the collegiate level, it just makes me sick.

That's why I really liked last year's line of Nike "Local" tees that had team-specific saying like these:

I was hoping they would do the "Local" tees for the NFL. A Browns "Dawg Pound" shirt would be awesome

I have seen one shirt that MAY be able to be considered as a "local" tee: http://www.footballfanatics.com/NFL_New_Orleans_Saints_T-Shirts/Nike_New_Orleans_Saints_Local_Premium_T-Shirt_-_Black

The text mimicks the shape of the Superdome while the white above it is the roof.

gYH2mW9.png

So....which one is faster? I would like these more if each school had a unique saying. I don't like throwing the same one on to each school's gear.

It's because they're all on the same team, Team Nike.

And that's my biggest beef with the swoosh, the make no effort to conceal the fact that they brand all their schools/teams in the same fashion. See: Volt. They make a lot of really nice designs, shoes, uniforms, etc. but dammit if they don't love to put themselves above the teams the represent. Especialy at the collegiate level, it just makes me sick.

That's why I really liked last year's line of Nike "Local" tees that had team-specific saying like these:

I was hoping they would do the "Local" tees for the NFL. A Browns "Dawg Pound" shirt would be awesome

They already have.

Nike-Local-NFL-Saints-Mens-T-Shirt-475657_010_A.jpg

Nike-Local-NFL-Raiders-Mens-T-Shirt-475660_010_A.jpg

Nike-Local-NFL-Bills-Mens-T-Shirt-475641_417_A.jpg

Nike-Local-NFL-Steelers-Mens-T-Shirt-475662_010_A.jpg

Nike-Local-NFL-Bears-Mens-T-Shirt-475643_459_A.jpg

Nike-Local-NFL-Bengals-Mens-T-Shirt-475644_010_A.jpg

Nike-Local-NFL-Browns-Mens-T-Shirt-475645_827_A.jpg

Nike-Local-NFL-Packers-Mens-T-Shirt-475649_323_A.jpg

Nike-Local-NFL-Giants-Mens-T-Shirt-475658_495_A.jpg

Nike-Local-NFL-Dolphins-Mens-T-Shirt-475654_827_A.jpg

I usually like the Nike Local series, but a lot of these NFL ones are hokey - "We the Patriots" - or boring- "Go Team".

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I think the shirts are pretty sweet (even though I haven't seen one for my team), but it seems the two posters above my are upset that the ones for their team aren't the best.

I was just talking about the Browns one. The rest of them are awesome accept for a few generic ones

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

I really enjoyed working on the development of those Local Tees for the NFL. They have alot of specialty inks and qualities, such as:

The Dolphins "water" portions of the shirt have a clear gel overtop of the graphic.

The Redskins "Skins" graphic is high density raised texture to make it appear like actual leather.

The Falcons "Go Falcons" is a tonal graphic with clear Black gel to give it a gloss appearance.

Jacksonville, Minnesota, Detroit, all featured Metallic inks. I especially like the Minnesota "Skol Vikings" because it has a gold metallic outline...

Since the Chiefs is as generic as it gets, I NEED THAT RAVENS SHIRT!!!

I love the Poe reference!

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

The rivalry gear is all fantastic, and simple to boot. Sometimes it's the simple designs that are the most appealing...

Wait a minute, could these be the teams for this year's nike pro combat special uniforms.

That is what we are thinking. The only team I know for sure is tOSU, so it seems like the other teams will be as well. These items all have "Rivalry" in the name, which is what Nike calls its special one-time desidngs using pro combat uniforms.

I really enjoyed working on the development of those Local Tees for the NFL. They have alot of specialty inks and qualities, such as:

The Dolphins "water" portions of the shirt have a clear gel overtop of the graphic.

The Redskins "Skins" graphic is high density raised texture to make it appear like actual leather.

The Falcons "Go Falcons" is a tonal graphic with clear Black gel to give it a gloss appearance.

Jacksonville, Minnesota, Detroit, all featured Metallic inks. I especially like the Minnesota "Skol Vikings" because it has a gold metallic outline...

Outstanding work. I think they were individualized very well.

Really that's the best they could do?!?

It's better than Broncomania. I've been a Broncos fan my whole life and have never heard that phrase. I'm assuming there was some sort of legal issue that prevented them from using Orange Crush. I know Illinois's student section had to change their name from Orange Crush to Orange Krush for legal reasons.

The interesting thing is that there are only a few teams posted. Every year it seems like they've had about 10 teams wear the PC unis.

Yeah, but this may be it. I've looked through all the pictures of this stuff on several sites and they all seem to have these same teams. Might not need as many since Nike isn't unveiling any new uniform templates this season.

It's better than Broncomania. I've been a Broncos fan my whole life and have never heard that phrase. I'm assuming there was some sort of legal issue that prevented them from using Orange Crush. I know Illinois's student section had to change their name from Orange Crush to Orange Krush for legal reasons.

They originally said Tebowmania, so this was the natural fix. ;)

How old are you? Broncomania was a pretty common term in the late 80s/early 90s era. It's a terrible shirt because that's not a great word for a shirt and the logo use is poor, but the word rings true with me.

Archived