College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

From NikeBlog:

They essentially feature the template from the Ducks Rose Bowl jerseys, with new colors added in as well as some minor aesthetic tweaks. Sexy, no? Naturally, these being those fashionable Ducks, another jersey or two isn?t just possible, it?s expected, but we?ll bring you updates as soon as we get them (hint: tune in tomorrow).

So tomorrow is Oregon's reveal. 'Bout damn time...

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From NikeBlog:

They essentially feature the template from the Ducks Rose Bowl jerseys, with new colors added in as well as some minor aesthetic tweaks. Sexy, no? Naturally, these being those fashionable Ducks, another jersey or two isn?t just possible, it?s expected, but we?ll bring you updates as soon as we get them (hint: tune in tomorrow).

Hey Tim, I got a question; What will the helmet look like? Hopefully it isn't like the Rose Bowl Helmets.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

42-54506-F.jpg

42-54507-F.jpg

42-54508-F.jpg

42-54509-F.jpg

42-54510-F.jpg

there is also a grey version of each of these.

These are really nice. I wonder if the metallic trim on all these rivalry items is foreshadowing a theme for this year's special uniforms. I wish they didn't have to include the Trojans wordmark above the monogram.

Well, all of them except for Dallas (because they are very restrictive over who can sell their stuff)

They also aren't generally part of the league-wide merchandise contract. They do much of their own stuff.

Nike-Local-NFL-Browns-Mens-T-Shirt-475645_827_A.jpg

Really that's the best they could do?!?

It's better than Broncomania. I've been a Broncos fan my whole life and have never heard that phrase. I'm assuming there was some sort of legal issue that prevented them from using Orange Crush. I know Illinois's student section had to change their name from Orange Crush to Orange Krush for legal reasons.

Yes. We were never allowed to use Orange Crush when I worked on NFL merch, I don't think even for retro stuff, but I can't remember for sure. These Nike local tees are nice enough, but I wish they were a little more timeless in some cases. The warped text takes some of them down a notch.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

From NikeBlog:

Hey Tim, I got a question; What will the helmet look like? Hopefully it isn't like the Rose Bowl Helmets.

Looks to me like they'll have multiple versions of both the double O Helmet (Woo!) and the Rose Bowl Winged Helmet (Boo!). All links to the images I've seen of this year's stuff can be found here.

From NikeBlog:

Looks to me like they'll have multiple versions of both the double O Helmet (Woo!) and the Rose Bowl Winged Helmet (Boo!). All links to the images I've seen of this year's stuff can be found here.

Thanks!

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

It's better than Broncomania. I've been a Broncos fan my whole life and have never heard that phrase. I'm assuming there was some sort of legal issue that prevented them from using Orange Crush. I know Illinois's student section had to change their name from Orange Crush to Orange Krush for legal reasons.

How old are you? Broncomania was a pretty common term in the late 80s/early 90s era. It's a terrible shirt because that's not a great word for a shirt and the logo use is poor, but the word rings true with me.

I'm 36. I don't remember ever hearing that. I've lived in Illinois my whole life, so that might have something to do with it.

From NikeBlog:

Thanks!

To be honest that pick with the double o helmet is from last year's Stanford game jerseys. The only things we know for certain are the four jerseys and the two rose bowl style helmets. tomorrow will unveil everything obviously.

To be honest that pick with the double o helmet is from last year's Stanford game jerseys. The only things we know for certain are the four jerseys and the two rose bowl style helmets. tomorrow will unveil everything obviously.

First, that picture is from a UO source who linked to it when talking about the upcoming uniforms.

Second, there's nothing on that jersey that contradicts what we've seen on the Rose Bowl or retail jerseys.

Third, that's clearly a promotional shoot for something since the player is standing on scaffolding inside Autzen Stadium.

Fourthly (word?), they've worn that combination multiple times.

First, that picture is from a UO source who linked to it when talking about the upcoming uniforms.

Second, there's nothing on that jersey that contradicts what we've seen on the Rose Bowl or retail jerseys.

Third, that's clearly a promotional shoot for something since the player is standing on scaffolding inside Autzen Stadium.

Fourthly (word?), they've worn that combination multiple times.

That is the Green Helmet with the white O only worn once at Stanford last year.

How old are you? Broncomania was a pretty common term in the late 80s/early 90s era. It's a terrible shirt because that's not a great word for a shirt and the logo use is poor, but the word rings true with me.

Yep, I'm a lifelong Bronco fan as well and while growing up in Denver some of my earliest Broncos memories were Broncomania and the Three Amigos.

Yep, I'm a lifelong Bronco fan as well and while growing up in Denver some of my earliest Broncos memories were Broncomania and the Three Amigos.

I definitely remember the Three Amigos, but not Broncomania.

42-54511-F.jpg

42-54512-F.jpg

42-54513-F.jpg

42-54514-F.jpg

42-54515-F.jpg

there is also a women's version of each of these.

42-54506-F.jpg

42-54507-F.jpg

42-54508-F.jpg

42-54509-F.jpg

42-54510-F.jpg

there is also a grey version of each of these.

I'm seeing monochromatic. I wonder if they go the route of color/grey. The route of those grey alts they did for bball last march.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Well, after seeing this picture, maybe a darker gray is going to be used on all the pc rivalry jerseys, but it's not as noticeable with ohio state since we have gray in our color scheme already...

ohio-state-new-uniforms-2012-new.jpg

That's not a PCR uniform and if it is it's the worst PCR uni ever.

That's not a PCR uniform and if it is it's the worst PCR uni ever.

Yeah I doubt they would have a special uniform with barely any differences from what they usually wear, especially with what they have done in the past.

Well, if it's not a PCR jersey, it's most likely ohio state's uniforms in the near future. Change the sleeves to the gray stripes and you'll have everything most traditionalist Buckeye fans are clamoring for with the big shoulder numbers. Although, the newest nike cleats tell me it's not just some random mockup sitting in Urban's office.

I'm going to guess that HGI will use the graphics that are on the rivalry shirts to be in the helmet like the frog scale pattern for tcu and it also be chrome or gold matching the school colors. The apparel always has a tie to the uniforms in some way and that makes the most logical sense. Nike is going away from the matte style helmets and going chrome. If that is the case I feel like these will be some awesome RPC jerseys this year. Sinnce they are not showcasing a new template or cleat their creativity will be shown. I'm also going to guess that the oregon green chrome helmet will be their RPC helmet and also TCU may get thrown into the mix as well with the leak of the purple chrome helmet. Just my hunch but I have no sources.

Archived