wILL-INI

College Football 2012 Season

Well, if it's not a PCR jersey, it's most likely ohio state's uniforms in the near future. Change the sleeves to the gray stripes and you'll have everything most traditionalist Buckeye fans are clamoring for with the big shoulder numbers. Although, the newest nike cleats tell me it's not just some random mockup sitting in Urban's office.

Pardon my French, but what the ?uck are you talking about? That mock up (which is a photoshop template just like we use, Nike uses them all the time for clients) looks exactly like what will be on the field this season. The shoulder numbers are slightly out of proportion, but it's a photoshop job.

0814osufbarch.jpg

Well, if it's not a PCR jersey, it's most likely ohio state's uniforms in the near future. Change the sleeves to the gray stripes and you'll have everything most traditionalist Buckeye fans are clamoring for with the big shoulder numbers. Although, the newest nike cleats tell me it's not just some random mockup sitting in Urban's office.

Pardon my French, but what the Ć’uck are you talking about? That mock up (which is a photoshop template just like we use, Nike uses them all the time for clients) looks exactly like what will be on the field this season. The shoulder numbers are slightly out of proportion, but it's a photoshop job.

I didn't say THIS season, I said near future. Secondly, it's not my guess, it's SB Nation's guess. I know what Ohio State's CURRENT jerseys look like, I've been here for a couple years. They look slightly different with the bigger numbers and more streamlined stripes on the pants (especially the fact that the black stripe doesn't look as thick as it currently does) in this picture. Why would you photoshop a current jersey onto a template like that to prominently display in your office during a nationally televised show when you could just put a picture of Braxton instead? And to put it on the couch right behind where you're being filmed, I suppose you think Urban placed it there because it looked good that way in his office...

Nike-Local-NFL-Browns-Mens-T-Shirt-475645_827_A.jpg

Really that's the best they could do?!?

Well other than Dawg Pound there's not much else you can historically attribute to Cleveland.

That and the Kardiac Kids were the most recent successful teams ofr the Browns. Older guys will love it and if Clevleand ever got good again I think this would be back in force because it won't be pretty.

That's not a PCR uniform and if it is it's the worst PCR uni ever.

Yeah I doubt they would have a special uniform with barely any differences from what they usually wear, especially with what they have done in the past.

They wouldn't be the first team to do a PCR uniform extremely similar to their standard uniform, though.

I didn't say THIS season, I said near future. Secondly, it's not my guess, it's SB Nation's guess. I know what Ohio State's CURRENT jerseys look like, I've been here for a couple years. They look slightly different with the bigger numbers and more streamlined stripes on the pants (especially the fact that the black stripe doesn't look as thick as it currently does) in this picture. Why would you photoshop a current jersey onto a template like that to prominently display in your office during a nationally televised show when you could just put a picture of Braxton instead? And to put it on the couch right behind where you're being filmed, I suppose you think Urban placed it there because it looked good that way in his office...

Point by point:

1. It's a picture of their uniforms for this season. Nike numbered that player 12 which they do when they're unveiling uniforms for this season. Just like they did with uniforms for 2011 and so on.

2. Since this is a photoshopped template, the creator oversized the TV number. In the case of Ohio State, the size of their numbers haven't changed in years, so they're probably kept in house, which is why the Nike designer made that mistake.

3. I see absolutely no discernible difference between the actual and the mocked jerseys or pants. I have no idea what you're looking at, but I don't see it. ESPECIALLY given the fact that I've established that the model in the photo never wore an Ohio State jersey, instead he just wore a blank one so they could make a template. Any discrepancies lie with the designer.

4. The image was given to OSU because they changed Nike jersey cuts recently and they wanted the folks at OSU to know what that uniform would look like.

5. Meyer has it in his office because it's a nice picture of an faceless/nameless any-player who is in the midst of a perfectly lit/captured football move. Such perfect photography can't happen in game and the fact that it isn't any specific player allows recruits to imagine themselves in said perfect photo.

6. As someone who has interviewed many many people in person, if you think people clean up or prepare their office for interviews, you're wrong. Especially people who have better :censored: to worry about. Either that picture goes there and any day you could see it there or someone producing the show saw it and moved it into the shot because a bookshelf isn't sexy television.

If you think Urban Meyer placed that photo in the shot, you are assuming that he thinks some recruit will watch that, notice the image, pause the TV, take a photo of it, notice tiny discrepancies between the current uniform and this photo and then assume that this is not an error, but rather an elaborate signal from an otherwise busy man that the Ohio State uniforms are going to be tweaked slightly in the next few years.

But no, my idea's ludicrous...

I never said your idea was ludicrous, you said mine was. I'm not going to argue with you, just learn to not come off like you know everything. I was just throwing it out there, because I, for one, was the kind of person to pause it at that moment of the show and take a harder look at it. Also, search the web. I'm obviously not the only one to give it a second look.

PS - #4 is wrong. It hasn't been changed since 2007.

I never said your idea was ludicrous,

That should've been followed by this ;)

just learn to not come off like you know everything.

I may not know much, but when I know something, I don't like to feign that I don't.

PS - #4 is wrong. It hasn't been changed since 2007.

It's subtle, but there are differences:

Terrelle-Pryor.jpgDecker%20Media%20Day%20feature.jpg

Nike-Local-NFL-Browns-Mens-T-Shirt-475645_827_A.jpg

Really that's the best they could do?!?

Well other than Dawg Pound there's not much else you can historically attribute to Cleveland.

That and the Kardiac Kids were the most recent successful teams ofr the Browns. Older guys will love it and if Clevleand ever got good again I think this would be back in force because it won't be pretty.

I guess out of my time, I only remember the 1999-pres Browns

Some of those prices just have me saying wow. $39 for a set of dog tags? $20 for a pin? I guess if people are ewilling to pay that.

Ditch the black jersey and make the numbers/wings on the yellow jersey green and those jerseys would be perfect.

So that's five jerseys, then? Two green, white, yellow and black?

Ditch the black jersey and make the numbers/wings on the yellow jersey green and those jerseys would be perfect.

So that's five jerseys, then? Two green, white, yellow and black?

Yup, but we knew all of that from the previous leaks and the media day photos. These just name the line and give better images.

Meh, it could be worse. At least they've ditched that ridiculous white-and-silver jersey.

Don't quote me on this but I think the silver outlines on some of the jerseys will be reflective, based on the reflective outline on the Spring Game uniforms. Wouldn't be surprised if the silver on all of the jerseys was reflective. They did this during the diamond plate uni years and it seems to me that Nike is making more and more 3M (reflective) stuff, such as the USOT jackets.

But this is just a hunch. No official details about a release yet, but obviously fan replicas are hitting the stores.

LOVE the Oregon jerseys.

Another job well done.

It may be unpopular, but I like the black and whites the best. The Green turns me off when I can't see the pattern easily and the yellow just isn't my favorite color for a uniform.