College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Something odd I noticed about the new jerseys that Oregon is selling is that the more expensive jerseys look like they have the cheaper wings.

$119.95 Limited Jersey

http://shop.goducks.com/Oregon_Ducks/Nike_Oregon_Ducks__Number_24_Limited_Football_Jersey_-_Green

$89.95 Game Jersey

http://shop.goducks.com/Oregon_Ducks/Nike_Oregon_Ducks__Number_6_Game_Football_Jersey_-_Green

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The back of Ohio's Green Helmets

A1Vpls6CEAEjvmn.jpg

...that pretty much kills the clean look. glare.gif

Continue the stripe, make the 12 A LOT smaller than it is, MAC Detail above the flag on the left, and it's a winner...

i say drop everything

In a perfect world, I think we'd all rather see just the warning label and maybe the numbers, but it is what it is at this point, and everyone seems to have conference logo, flag and memorial decal on there nowadays (sometimes award decals, too).

The real story is RETURN OF THE PAWPRINT? Big plus.

i wonder if theres some legal issue that keeps the helmet manufacturers from putting the warning label on the inside? i mean, if someones going to put a number over it any ways, then whats the difference?

There is a warning on the inside as well as on the outside. Why football helmets are the only helmets that generally have them displayed, I couldn't tell you. I don't think I've ever seen a warning label on helmets in any of the other sports.

Im pretty sure you are not allowed to cover up the warning label on helmets. I suspect they may have to move the numbers

Your* right and your** not allowed to cover up the certification label.

*You're; **you're.

Thanks Mr Grammar Correcter I thought I was done with English.

Proper grammar doesn't go away when you're done school.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Im pretty sure you are not allowed to cover up the warning label on helmets. I suspect they may have to move the numbers

Your* right and your** not allowed to cover up the certification label.

*You're; **you're.

Thanks Mr Grammar Correcter I thought I was done with English.

Proper grammar doesn't go away when you're done school.

Irony

Something odd I noticed about the new jerseys that Oregon is selling is that the more expensive jerseys look like they have the cheaper wings.

$119.95 Limited Jersey

http://shop.goducks.com/Oregon_Ducks/Nike_Oregon_Ducks__Number_24_Limited_Football_Jersey_-_Green

$89.95 Game Jersey

http://shop.goducks.com/Oregon_Ducks/Nike_Oregon_Ducks__Number_6_Game_Football_Jersey_-_Green

I think the image of the Limited jersey is just Photoshopped, as opposed to being an actual photo of the garment like the Game jersey.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The FSU PCR stuff reminds me of TurboMan...

From my smash hit holiday classic JINGLE ALL DE WAY!

v200702102145520017320.flv.jpg

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

A1Vpls6CEAEjvmn.jpg

...that pretty much kills the clean look. <_<

Continue the stripe, make the 12 A LOT smaller than it is, MAC Detail above the flag on the left, and it's a winner...

i say drop everything

In a perfect world, I think we'd all rather see just the warning label and maybe the numbers, but it is what it is at this point, and everyone seems to have conference logo, flag and memorial decal on there nowadays (sometimes award decals, too).

If they had put the pawprint on the side of these I'd be in love. I've long been an advocate of my alma-mater using that more on athletic uniforms.

I've come around on these green helmets (still wish they weren't matte). They're going to look great as they play as "America's Team" this Saturday at Penn State.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Shame on Adidas for producing that crap and shame on UCLA for not putting their foot down and telling Adidas they can shove their "super new advanced!" templates. Just two years ago, UCLA looked great. Adidas did the shoulder stripes far better than Nike or Reebok did. Replicating those stripes on this jersey template is an embarassment. It's intellectually insutling for them to say "Yep, here you go. Same stripes."

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Shame on Adidas for producing that crap and shame on UCLA for not putting their foot down and telling Adidas they can shove their "super new advanced!" templates. Just two years ago, UCLA looked great. Adidas did the shoulder stripes far better than Nike or Reebok did. Replicating those stripes on this jersey template is an embarassment. It's intellectually insutling for them to say "Yep, here you go. Same stripes."

Agreed! They aren't even shoulder stripes anymore. The are just blocks of color on the shoulder. They are almost a square!

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Agreed! They aren't even shoulder stripes anymore. The are just blocks of color on the shoulder. They are almost a square!

And it's not even an issue like with the sleeve stripes, where sleeves are dissapearing and teams have to lose stripes or get creative in applying them. There is a bunch of fabric underneath those stripes! Cheapness and a desire to emphasize the template are the ONLY reasons Adidas could use to justify not running those stripes down to the armholes in the front and back. What would it take, a few additional cuts, two minutes more stitching and an additional $.30 to produce each jersey the correct way?

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Piggybacking off the Uni Watch season preview, did this one slip through the cracks? I don't recall seeing it posted. I like the elimination of the double outlines and the newer font. Still need to figure out the shoulder stripes.

7858572316_f4ca18797a_o.png

Those helmets seem like a shinier gold than usual...Am I seeing things?

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

A1Vpls6CEAEjvmn.jpg

...that pretty much kills the clean look. <_<

i say drop everything

If they had put the pawprint on the side of these I'd be in love. I've long been an advocate of my alma-mater using that more on athletic uniforms.

I've come around on these green helmets (still wish they weren't matte). They're going to look great as they play as "America's Team" this Saturday at Penn State.

I don't think they have enough brand recognition to pull that off.

Archived