College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

anybody want to chip in on a copy of spellcheck for Nike?

p13335758dt.jpg

I'm not a Houston fan and don't know the story behind it, but I think they meant to spell it that way. I believe I've seen it spelled that way on other Houston gear.

Correction: Nevermind. I was incorrect. The other shirts I've seen with that phrase spelled whose correctly.

Without a frame of reference, I thought it was for Indiana. Play on "HOOSIER."

That would be this one...52-45-52-45550-F.jpg

Nope. Still has a W. And IU is an Adidas team. And there's blue on that shirt. And we're not stupid enough to let that happen.

I think it's Navy's.

TCU did something very similar this year. May even be the same company. I know TCU has used a company in Arkansas to print tickets in the past.

These were sent from Arkansas (I think that's what my dad told me... Maybe it was West Virginia... can't remember).

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

p13335758dt.jpg

I'm not a Houston fan and don't know the story behind it, but I think they meant to spell it that way. I believe I've seen it spelled that way on other Houston gear.

Correction: Nevermind. I was incorrect. The other shirts I've seen with that phrase spelled whose correctly.

Without a frame of reference, I thought it was for Indiana. Play on "HOOSIER."

That would be this one...52-45-52-45550-F.jpg

Nope. Still has a W. And IU is an Adidas team. And there's blue on that shirt. And we're not stupid enough to let that happen.

I think it's Navy's.

I know all that. I was making a joke since it is harder to see the W on the women's version.

Piggybacking off the Uni Watch season preview, did this one slip through the cracks? I don't recall seeing it posted. I like the elimination of the double outlines and the newer font. Still need to figure out the shoulder stripes.

7858572316_f4ca18797a_o.png

Those helmets seem like a shinier gold than usual...Am I seeing things?

I would assume it's just down to the indoor lighting

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Piggybacking off the Uni Watch season preview, did this one slip through the cracks? I don't recall seeing it posted. I like the elimination of the double outlines and the newer font. Still need to figure out the shoulder stripes.

Those helmets seem like a shinier gold than usual...Am I seeing things?

I would assume it's just down to the indoor lighting

Instagram.

AAAAAAH! NO! TURN IT OFF TURN IT OFF TURN IT OFF!

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

seriously WTF happened to UCLA? They were well dressed and a strong program.

Those shoulder stripes are atrocious!

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

p13335758dt.jpg

It's a chant done by the fans at our games. One side of the stadium says "Whooooooose house?", the other side responds with "Coooooooogs house!"

The spelling on the shirt was an attempt by Nike to mimic the way the first word is drawn out when said out loud. Great stuff when heard in person; on a shirt...not so much.

You will all no doubt be delighted to learn that this year's versions have been spellchecked.

HOU-060112-NewLogoNikeMascotWhoseHouseTee-z.jpg

22655_510_20110423_8-c.jpg

p13335758dt.jpg

It's a chant done by the fans at our games. One side of the stadium says "Whooooooose house?", the other side responds with "Coooooooogs house!"

The spelling on the shirt was an attempt by Nike to mimic the way the first word is drawn out when said out loud. Great stuff when heard in person; on a shirt...not so much.

You will all no doubt be delighted to learn that this year's versions have been spellchecked.

HOU-060112-NewLogoNikeMascotWhoseHouseTee-z.jpg

22655_510_20110423_8-c.jpg

Of the 3 versions posted, the first 1 I posted and the first one you posted are new for 2012. The second one you posted is from 2011.

Still such a horrible disservice to not have the numerals similar to the throwback ones they have worn in the past:

jon-dubravac-ucla-bruins-blue-game-worn-football-jersey-3374333.jpg

Yeah I'd rather see UCLA go back to this font rather than the font they introduced for this year. That new font is pretty terrible.

Block numerals are pretty terrible now? I don't know if I'll ever understand this place.

Ok, so my family has gotten our Northwestern season tickets for the upcoming season, and rather than just sending out the tickets as they've done in decades past, they sent out a customized "handbook"

It's a really well done, really in depth package that just shows the new level of commitment AD Jim Phillips is providing the football program, and in turn the whole athletics department. Combine this with the pervasive ad campaign across the city and the $300-400M athletic facility improvements reportedly coming down the pipe, and I like where this program is headed.

The instructions on how to be a sports fan seem a little redundant and the information on/for boosters is a bit strange, but the rest is pretty first class.

(There were other pages but they were either redundant or ads, coupons...)

All sensitive information, aside from my father's name, has been redacted.

TCU did something very similar this year. May even be the same company. I know TCU has used a company in Arkansas to print tickets in the past.

304691_10100584365967803_2119114163_n.jpg

Yet this illustrates perfectly the difference between getting the little things right and wrong. Northwestern has made a big push to move its athletic dept. toward a new, common typeface over the past few years (the one that's on their new jerseys). Here comes the media guide, and it's nowhere to be seen. Contrast that with TCU, which used its new font liberally throughout its book, perfectly liking to its on-field visuals.

Tennessee's jerseys for the NC State game...(Game will be Orange v. Red)

bb.png

That's a pretty good looking basketball jersey. What's the football team wearing?

This is actually really funny, in a terrible and cryptic way.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I just wanted to say, 236 page threads suck. What a terrible way to go about showing updates to 212 colleges. Samir: Yes, this is horrible, this idea.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I just wanted to say, 236 page threads suck. What a terrible way to go about showing updates to 212 colleges. Samir: Yes, this is horrible, this idea.

So's starting threads just to drive comments to your blog posts.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Still such a horrible disservice to not have the numerals similar to the throwback ones they have worn in the past:

jon-dubravac-ucla-bruins-blue-game-worn-football-jersey-3374333.jpg

Yeah I'd rather see UCLA go back to this font rather than the font they introduced for this year. That new font is pretty terrible.

i agree that is a beautiful design but block numbers terrible?

design is not all about aesthetics. style is the least important part of design. the reason they use the block numbers is probably because they dont want to look old and dated. they're trying to retain some classic elements everyone recognizes while still not looking completely out of place in 2012. ideas and communication. the 2 fonts "say" 2 totally different things

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived