College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

protoype of GT helmet:

293137_409840609064789_1775682848_n.jpg

So by prototype does that mean that this isn't exactly how the helmet will look? I know if the original pic that was tweeted the honey comb pattern was navy/black

Right. The actual helmet will look a bit different.

Personally, I think the helmet should have been gold with perhaps the honeycomb shapes being navy.

protoype of GT helmet:

293137_409840609064789_1775682848_n.jpg

So by prototype does that mean that this isn't exactly how the helmet will look? I know if the original pic that was tweeted the honey comb pattern was navy/black

Right. The actual helmet will look a bit different.

Personally, I think the helmet should have been gold with perhaps the honeycomb shapes being navy.

Exactly my thoughts. That would have looked really slick.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Screen+Shot+2012-08-28+at+3.08.33+PM.png

Looks like those Oregon helmets with the green wings are real and they are a thing of beauty. The link is below the picture. They show up around 48 seconds.

oregongreenhelmet.png

2le4hhl.jpg

Well I didn't think anything could be any uglier, but now that you show that car, I can admit I was wrong.

spacer.png

I don't know if this is the appropriate place for this question, but it has some relevance here... Does anyone know the Arizona State uniform schedule?

No and niether do they. Fans and students are voting for the combos in 2 of the games IIRC.

http://www.thesundevils.com/genrel/082812aaj.html

Fan voting for the Utah game begins Aug. 28 and ends Sept. 13 at midnight. The winner will be announced Sept. 14 at noon for the Sept. 22 game at Sun Devil Stadium. The choices fans can vote for are:

Maroon Helmet/Maroon Jersey/Gold Pants

Maroon Helmet/Maroon Jersey/White Pants

White Helmet/Maroon Jersey/White Pants

(that seems like a no brainer for #1 for me)

For students, the voting for the homecoming UCLA game begins Sept. 24 and concludes Oct. 18 at Midnight. The winner will be announced the following day at noon. Details about the uniform options and color combinations will be released in mid September on thesundevils.com.

The Sun Devil football team will choose which uniforms they will wear for their Ring of Honor game Oct. 18 against Oregon.

I don't know if this is the appropriate place for this question, but it has some relevance here... Does anyone know the Arizona State uniform schedule?

No and niether do they. Fans and students are voting for the combos in 2 of the games IIRC.

Fan voting for the Utah game begins Aug. 28 and ends Sept. 13 at midnight. The winner will be announced Sept. 14 at noon for the Sept. 22 game at Sun Devil Stadium. The choices fans can vote for are:

For students, the voting for the homecoming UCLA game begins Sept. 24 and concludes Oct. 18 at Midnight. The winner will be announced the following day at noon. Details about the uniform options and color combinations will be released in mid September on thesundevils.com.

The Sun Devil football team will choose which uniforms they will wear for their Ring of Honor game Oct. 18 against Oregon.

Ok thank you.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Ok thank you.

You could always retroactively provide a schedule for the rest of us by Uni Tracking them...

Per the Crimson Club, "[Tonight] The Utes will also unveil a new logo and uniforms that will be featured on their Blackout game vs. Cal." .......admittedly, this could just be the CC pumping up the all-red Drum and Feather that we're already aware of.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

UniTrack?

Here, I'll do Nebraska - no need to start a blog.

Red at home, white on the road, craziness against Wisconsin.

DONE:

275px-BigTen-Uniform-UN.png

And DONE:

nebraskax-large.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I'm gonna throw this out there for next time around:

Can we do a Big Ten Football 2013, SEC Football 2013, PAC 12 Football 2013, etc. instead of a 239 page thing? I feel like it would just be easier to navigate and we would get less double posting.

But then it'll be like 10 threads with 40-50 pages each (for the big conferences). It might be slightly easier to find things, but not much. Just use the search tool if you're looking for something specific.

UniTrack?

Here, I'll do Nebraska - no need to start a blog.

Red at home, white on the road, craziness against Wisconsin.

DONE:

275px-BigTen-Uniform-UN.png

And DONE:

nebraskax-large.jpg

I wish they wore high red socks at home and high white socks on the road the way they used to, like back in the Eric Crouch days. I idolized him.

Virginia Tech's equipment manager just tweeted a picture of Monday night's uniform. They're going with all maroon helmet, orange jerseys with stripes, and plain white pants. These fail so bad. There's no consistency at all. A pic is on Facebook but I can't post from my phone.

I'm gonna throw this out there for next time around:

Can we do a Big Ten Football 2013, SEC Football 2013, PAC 12 Football 2013, etc. instead of a 239 page thing? I feel like it would just be easier to navigate and we would get less double posting.

I think it's easier this way (just my worthless opinion). Plus with all the conference realignment going on, it would be difficult. I'd hate to open several different things to get what we get here in one place.

Archived