College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Virginia Tech needs to dump everything and start over. I'm not saying some of its uniform garments aren't great...but there's too much going on and too many bad combinations.

Are you crazy? The look they have right now is great. Yeah, maybe they're using too many helmets but the jerseys are fantastic.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Virginia Tech needs to dump everything and start over. I'm not saying some of its uniform garments aren't great...but there's too much going on and too many bad combinations.

Are you crazy? The look they have right now is great. Yeah, maybe they're using too many helmets but the jerseys are fantastic.

The jerseys are excellent, it's just the helmets are the problem. They should stick to the Maroon no-stripe and the retro as they are the best helmets VT has.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

If Virginia Tech stuck to the three striped helmets, then they'd be perfect.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I disagree...all the need to do is lose the solid white pants and their set is awesome! This is by far my favorite look from them:

48431_virginia_tech_nc_state_football.jpg42194527.jpg

spacer.png

Wow, the NOBs on South Carolina's jerseys are tiny.

I don't know if this is the appropriate place for this question, but it has some relevance here... Does anyone know the Arizona State uniform schedule?

No and niether do they. Fans and students are voting for the combos in 2 of the games IIRC.

http://www.thesundevils.com/genrel/082812aaj.html

Fan voting for the Utah game begins Aug. 28 and ends Sept. 13 at midnight. The winner will be announced Sept. 14 at noon for the Sept. 22 game at Sun Devil Stadium. The choices fans can vote for are:

Maroon Helmet/Maroon Jersey/Gold Pants

Maroon Helmet/Maroon Jersey/White Pants

White Helmet/Maroon Jersey/White Pants

(that seems like a no brainer for #1 for me)

For students, the voting for the homecoming UCLA game begins Sept. 24 and concludes Oct. 18 at Midnight. The winner will be announced the following day at noon. Details about the uniform options and color combinations will be released in mid September on thesundevils.com.

The Sun Devil football team will choose which uniforms they will wear for their Ring of Honor game Oct. 18 against Oregon.

Ok thank you.

I can share information as it comes to me regarding ASU unis for the other games...glad to see some of my idea (ASU fan voting on uni combos) being mentioned on the boards.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Little but SIGNIFICANT thing I noticed about Vanderbilt's uniforms.

They have shoulder flywire that is the same color as the jersey--makes sense! First time, as far as I know, that a team has worn the flywire like this. You can barely see it even in zoom in HD. You wonder why so many teams would wear colored flywire.

Also, I love the Anchor logo that the Dores have added to the field and collar. Nice touch.

Agreed - there was nothing wrong with the previous uniform set.

6d9b602f-27ec-42fe-89d7-e65fec02d4c4.jpg

North%2BCarolina%2Bv%2BVirginia%2BTech%2BWibQJQIL-G_l.jpg

danny-coale.jpg

The only thing I liked about that set was the number font, espexially since it was custom created for them.

Utah State is wearing blue from head to toe (Blue Helmet/Blue Jersey/Blue Pants for those keeping track). I prefer non-monochrome looks, but pants stripes go a long way in helping out a monochrome look. Glad to see my school among the mix-and-match schools.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Little but SIGNIFICANT thing I noticed about Vanderbilt's uniforms.

They have shoulder flywire that is the same color as the jersey--makes sense! First time, as far as I know, that a team has worn the flywire like this. You can barely see it even in zoom in HD. You wonder why so many teams would wear colored flywire.

Also, I love the Anchor logo that the Dores have added to the field and collar. Nice touch.

Plenty of teams have worn same color flywire. TCU had white flywire on white jerseys back in 2010.

Marshall going white/white/kelly green vs. WVU

Like I assumed, it looks like Kent State stayed the course in the old Mizzou templates at home. Of course I only saw a video in a small window. I almost thought it was the New Balance jerseys again

They've only had them 3 years, I'd have been surprised to see a big change.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Looks like BYU's wearing their standard blues. Good.

Archived