College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Minnesota looked bad bad. Terrible font aside, the jerseys are essentially what the Gophers have worn a lot, only minus a yellow outline on the numbers (downgrade). The black facemask looks like crap and is indefensible, and there is no reason for them to have white pants. They should be wearing yellow pants with that look. It's silly to make a uniform that is completely devoid of one of their primary colors.

The font is fine at worst, pretty good at best (brick pattern ignored, that's not a part of the font, per say). The lack of an outline helps make the contrast in colors even better. The black facemask is invisible at 15 feet. Who cares? The white pants are unfortunate and shouldn't ever be worn (gold or maroon is acceptable on the road). And that last sentence? Yeah, you can't ever praise an Oregon uniform, hahaha.

Ok, so my family has gotten our Northwestern season tickets for the upcoming season, and rather than just sending out the tickets as they've done in decades past, they sent out a customized "handbook"

It's a really well done, really in depth package that just shows the new level of commitment AD Jim Phillips is providing the football program, and in turn the whole athletics department. Combine this with the pervasive ad campaign across the city and the $300-400M athletic facility improvements reportedly coming down the pipe, and I like where this program is headed.

The instructions on how to be a sports fan seem a little redundant and the information on/for boosters is a bit strange, but the rest is pretty first class.

(There were other pages but they were either redundant or ads, coupons...)

All sensitive information, aside from my father's name, has been redacted.

TCU did something very similar this year. May even be the same company. I know TCU has used a company in Arkansas to print tickets in the past.

304691_10100584365967803_2119114163_n.jpg

Who is the company that does this?

539556_10151137993002943_1029476479_n.jpg

That Minnesota helmet is delicious.

I'm not getting all the love for this. Matte helmet = dull, black facemask = stupid, and yellow split-outline around a yellow letter = why not some white?

To each his own, I guess.

I loved what both teams wore. Minnesota is very clean and crisp while UNLV is rocking some sweet helmets and classic style uniforms.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Minnesota looked bad bad. Terrible font aside, the jerseys are essentially what the Gophers have worn a lot, only minus a yellow outline on the numbers (downgrade). The black facemask looks like crap and is indefensible, and there is no reason for them to have white pants. They should be wearing yellow pants with that look. It's silly to make a uniform that is completely devoid of one of their primary colors.

The font is fine at worst, pretty good at best (brick pattern ignored, that's not a part of the font, per say). The lack of an outline helps make the contrast in colors even better. The black facemask is invisible at 15 feet. Who cares? The white pants are unfortunate and shouldn't ever be worn (gold or maroon is acceptable on the road). And that last sentence? Yeah, you can't ever praise an Oregon uniform, hahaha.

I think the font is, at best, terribly contrived. The lack of yellow doen't make the contrast better. The contrast is fine with yellow. It just makes it bland. And if the black blends into the maroon from 15 feet, it 1) shouldn't be used at all if it's too close to maroon to be distinguishable from any distance in a small quantity, and 2) clashes up close and makes it look like they put the wrong color facemasks on the helmets.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

more pictures

UNLV looks terrific. much better than the dopey modern uniforms they've been wearing. They look like a football team. I especially like the use of the flat gray color, but they still went with a gloss shine. It's not silver with matte pants (looking at you Ohio State), it's gray with gray pants and they match. Looks great. The only thing I would've changed is to make the helmet sticker red outlined in white instead of vice versa.

Minnesota - eh. The jersey looks fine, but it would look better with some yellow outlines and I'd love for them to wear yellow pants with this look, but the all-white is always a nice clean look that really doesn't ever look that bad on anybody. That helmet is the real mess. Matte helmets are a scourge on the football landscape and must be stopped. There has never been a matte helmet that hasn't looked better than its gloss or semi-gloss counterpart would have. They look awful, they're bad at showing color, and they make the high-gloss decals on the side look worse. The black facemask is terrible and there's too many outlines on the M.

In other words, I want Minnesota to look like this again

marionbarberrunning.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

I think the font is, at best, terribly contrived. The lack of yellow doen't make the contrast better. The contrast is fine with yellow. It just makes it bland. And if the black blends into the maroon from 15 feet, it 1) shouldn't be used at all if it's too close to maroon to be distinguishable from any distance in a small quantity, and 2) clashes up close and makes it look like they put the wrong color facemasks on the helmets.

The font is an opinion, so we're both right, and in a perfect world the facemask shouldn't be black but I have to say, I think you're wrong about a gold outline on the numbers on the white. The gold is closer to white than the maroon, so it will blend in, now, if the colors were gold, I'd get the outline argument better.

Watched the Georgia State vs. SC State game last night on a local station, and must say that it was a beautiful uni matchup.

GSU vs SC State

GSU has some beautiful uniforms IMO. They're very simple, but the number font and wordmark on the chest make the simplicity beautiful. SC State has some very nice uniforms as well, I like the shoulder striping especially.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Ok, so my family has gotten our Northwestern season tickets for the upcoming season, and rather than just sending out the tickets as they've done in decades past, they sent out a customized "handbook"

It's a really well done, really in depth package that just shows the new level of commitment AD Jim Phillips is providing the football program, and in turn the whole athletics department. Combine this with the pervasive ad campaign across the city and the $300-400M athletic facility improvements reportedly coming down the pipe, and I like where this program is headed.

The instructions on how to be a sports fan seem a little redundant and the information on/for boosters is a bit strange, but the rest is pretty first class.

(There were other pages but they were either redundant or ads, coupons...)

All sensitive information, aside from my father's name, has been redacted.

TCU did something very similar this year. May even be the same company. I know TCU has used a company in Arkansas to print tickets in the past.

304691_10100584365967803_2119114163_n.jpg

Who is the company that does this?

I looked for a second last night and didn't see a name anywhere on it. I'll check again tonight if I think about it.

UTexas Equipment‏@UTexasEquipment

Uniform announcement..tomorrow we will be wearing white helmets, orange jerseys w/ white #'s, white pants and black shoes. #tradition

A traditional uniform school announcing its uniform combo. Satirical humor. I like it.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

not exactly 2012-2013 news, but interesting still.

For the bowl season after the 2010 season Nike chose 4 schools to unveil its technologoy for the following season: Oregon, Florida, TCU and Boise. Part of that was new unis for each. Oregon wore white in the MNCG, Boise wore blue in the LV bowl, TCU wore black in it's bowl game and Florida wore blue. Oregon wore the home version of these uniforms vs. LSU in 2011. Boise wore the road version vs. Georgia. Florida's just because their standard uniforms. But this is a pic of what TCU's road unis would have been (although with white pants).

It is a white top with a black neck hole, sleeve caps mesh underarm inserts and purple frog skin numbers:

77250a2af3a311e1bf8b22000a1e8b2b_7.jpg

539556_10151137993002943_1029476479_n.jpg

That Minnesota helmet is delicious.

I'm not getting all the love for this. Matte helmet = dull, black facemask = stupid, and yellow split-outline around a yellow letter = why not some white?

To each his own, I guess.

I have long thought the logo would look much better without the outline. Would be a simple yet major improvement to remove it.

* The one condition was that any changes had to be approved by Archie Griffin and other former Ohio State players.

ha50109880.gif

Why can't more schools do that?

Would love to see some grey on the jersey.

Colorado State is adding a small orange "A" to the back of their helmets for the season.

8027127.jpeg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Archived