College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched the Georgia State vs. SC State game last night on a local station, and must say that it was a beautiful uni matchup.

GSU vs SC State

GSU has some beautiful uniforms IMO. They're very simple, but the number font and wordmark on the chest make the simplicity beautiful. SC State has some very nice uniforms as well, I like the shoulder striping especially.

that's my school, I was at the game. They finally added the CAA to the dome field and also switched to the full body panther at midfield instead of just the GSU helmet script; I wish they would wear the blue pants already though

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Here's a shot of Utah State:

967247.jpg

And the there's more pictures at the official photo gallery.

I dig it. So glad to see the Aggies finally looking good.

Oh, and gotta love that Southern Utah helmet. Just cool.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Boise is wearing their 2010 Pro Combat Helmets with white unis and orange pants. So far, I like them a lot. I wish Boise should wear the 2010 and 2011 pro combat helmets full time.

Boise State-Michigan State Photos

I wish Boise St. would just put the horse head on both sides of the helmet. I'm not a fan of the numbers on the helmet.

Agree 100%. Numbers can look good on helmets (Alabama) but not in a modern set. Slap the ol' horse head on both sides and it's a great looking helmet

Apart from Boise's one-sided helmet which I absolutely loathe, MSU-BSU is a good-looking game.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

UMass really screwed up their FBS rebrand. That adidas template at least covers the pads on every other team's jersey so they must have requested shorter sleeves or had the equipment manager alter them. Either way it looks terrible and is probably worse functionally as well.

There's a pocket under each shoulder of the TechFit jersey that the shoulder pad gets tucked into to eliminate this problem.

Minnesota looked bad bad. Terrible font aside, the jerseys are essentially what the Gophers have worn a lot, only minus a yellow outline on the numbers (downgrade). The black facemask looks like crap and is indefensible, and there is no reason for them to have white pants. They should be wearing yellow pants with that look. It's silly to make a uniform that is completely devoid of one of their primary colors.

The font is fine at worst, pretty good at best (brick pattern ignored, that's not a part of the font, per say). The lack of an outline helps make the contrast in colors even better. The black facemask is invisible at 15 feet. Who cares? The white pants are unfortunate and shouldn't ever be worn (gold or maroon is acceptable on the road). And that last sentence? Yeah, you can't ever praise an Oregon uniform, hahaha.

I think the font is, at best, terribly contrived. The lack of yellow doen't make the contrast better. The contrast is fine with yellow. It just makes it bland. And if the black blends into the maroon from 15 feet, it 1) shouldn't be used at all if it's too close to maroon to be distinguishable from any distance in a small quantity, and 2) clashes up close and makes it look like they put the wrong color facemasks on the helmets.

I would tend to agree. If they want to use black, why not use it to your advantage and incorporate it into the rest of the uniform? Own it. Create something cohesive and unique.

539556_10151137993002943_1029476479_n.jpg

That Minnesota helmet is delicious.

I'm not getting all the love for this. Matte helmet = dull, black facemask = stupid, and yellow split-outline around a yellow letter = why not some white?

To each his own, I guess.

I have long thought the logo would look much better without the outline. Would be a simple yet major improvement to remove it.

Totally.

Colorado State is adding a small orange "A" to the back of their helmets for the season.

8027127.jpeg

This is the kind of stuff that makes uniforms fun, unique and interesting. Great detail.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

In other words, I want Minnesota to look like this again

marionbarberrunning.jpg

Agreed. I especially liked the more saturated maroon they used during the Barber-Maroney years and the helmet was a metallic sheen (like OU and USC) instead of the flecks they adopted during the Brewster years. The black outline on the helmet logo needed to go, but I thought these sets were serviceable if not a bit dull. They could have used these colors and added shoulder stripes (especially since the Vikings ditched theirs on the away uniform) going for a traditional look, but neighboring Iowa State with similar colors has since taken that look.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Here's a shot of Utah State:

967247.jpg

And the there's more pictures at the official photo gallery.

I dig it. So glad to see the Aggies finally looking good.

Oh, and gotta love that Southern Utah helmet. Just cool.

Utah St needs some stripes on their helmet or their sleeves to match the stripes on their pants, otherwise they look out of place compared to the rest of the set.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

Don't think this had been mentioned yet, but New Mexico State wore white pants with their previously leaked new jerseys last night against Sacramento State

20120830_104825_Austin%20Franklin_GALLERY.jpg

Those are the sorriest excuse for shoulder stripes I've ever seen.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Archived