wILL-INI

College Football 2012 Season

Don't think this had been mentioned yet, but New Mexico State wore white pants with their previously leaked new jerseys last night against Sacramento State

20120830_104825_Austin%20Franklin_GALLERY.jpg

9707-M.jpg

I'm not exactly sure what NMSU has going on with their sleeves, but it doesn't look good at all.

The Aggies really messed it up by going away from this set. While the template could've been better, it could be overlooked. The helmet and all-white road unis, while simple, was an outstanding look.

034.jpg

Seeing those Oregon uniforms in person was something special. Once again, Oregon is setting what is probably going to end up being a trend with the chrome helmets. And damn did they look good doing it. Can't wait to see what they come up with against Fresno State.

What the jersey's look like in real lighting.

proxy.jpg

The only thing that bugs me about this look is that the wings on the helmet are silver, but the feathers on the jersey are green. It would look better if the wings on the helmet were chrome green.

I really like Oregon uniforms this game but with a few small modifications it could be perfect. Make the whole facemask yellow. Change the wings on the jersey to chrome and change the stroke around the numbers to chrome.

I agree. They need to make the wings on the jersey chrome or make the wings on the helmet chrome green.

proxy.jpg

The only thing that bugs me about this look is that the wings on the helmet are silver, but the feathers on the jersey are green. It would look better if the wings on the helmet were chrome green.

Not sure why this bothers everyone so much. Plenty of ducks have difference colored feather on their heads vs. on their wings.

Colorful-Mallard-Duck-Flight-300x276.jpg

034.jpg

Not really relevant, but that guy is a good friend of mine.

proxy.jpg

I love that look and it looks great on the field. I would agree with illini1 by changing the wing chrome with green to match it.

Also, I didn't see this was touched upon, but Okie State went White/Orange/White. Looking pretty damn good if you ask me.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/photos?gameId=322450197&photoId=2393222

Their best look for my money.

Oklahoma State never looked better than this uniform by blowing out Savannah State.

Here's Rutgers new uniforms in action

628x471.jpg

11512331-large.jpg

11512662-large.jpg

thought they looked pretty good! At least they are wearing school colors.

proxy.jpg

Not sure why this bothers everyone so much. Plenty of ducks have difference colored feather on their heads vs. on their wings.

Duck Tracker is live.

Ducks_2012_G_01.jpg

The chain maile areas of the ducks jerseys are almost transparent. Reminds me of late 80s, early 90s NCAAF.

This is not a good thing.

would be even sweeter if the wing pattern on the jersey were silver/chrome as well

628x471.jpg

11512331-large.jpg

11512662-large.jpg

Hm. Well....at least Tulane looks really really really good.

proxy.jpg

The problem is that it's not a duck; it's a uniform, and the type of feathers that are on the helmet are not indicative of those that adorn the head of a duck, so there's really no one-to-one comparison. I think what they're saying is that there are just one too many colors. It would look more cohesive, like the jersey and the helmet belonged together, if all the accents were chrome or all the accents were colorshift green.

In the promo photos you can see a carbon fiber pattern in the yellow helmet. I can't see it on TV, but I could do without that as well.

It just dawned on me that Boise tweaked their road jersey from last year.

2011:

Brandon+Boykin+Boise+State+v+Georgia+C7manh9X9h2l.jpg

2012:

Joe+Southwick+Boise+State+v+Michigan+State+2DDb2CQ84uvl.jpg

Not a fan - they've officially gone from distinctive to bland, and now there's no point in having the asymmetrical helmet because the rest of the uniform is no longer asymmetrical.

It just dawned on me that Boise tweaked their road jersey from last year.

2011:

Brandon+Boykin+Boise+State+v+Georgia+C7manh9X9h2l.jpg

2012:

Joe+Southwick+Boise+State+v+Michigan+State+2DDb2CQ84uvl.jpg

Not a fan - they've officially gone from distinctive to bland, and now there's no point in having the asymmetrical helmet because the rest of the uniform is no longer asymmetrical.

Actually, Boise looks better than last year.

628x471.jpg

11512331-large.jpg

11512662-large.jpg

I don't think Rutgers' new look is bad, but Tulane's are pure class.

628x471.jpg

11512331-large.jpg

11512662-large.jpg

I don't think Rutgers' new look is bad, but Tulane's are pure class.

Tulane has a very unique color scheme in the college level with Green and Light blue. I agree with you that Tulane looks great.

628x471.jpg

11512331-large.jpg

11512662-large.jpg

That is a very pretty game. Tulane always guarantees that at least one team will look amazing. Too bad they play in a conference where the other team won't.