College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not surprised it went unnoticed, but FAU has new uniforms...

FAU

That monochrome is a :censored: no-no!

I have a prediction; Will this thread go over 500 pages?

Are you predicting or asking a question?

Back on topic, I'm loving the Ducks' unis as a whole, however I wish we could have seen this with the previous wings and helmet.

My dad is an FAU alumni, and he was ashamed at this mess. Adidas has lost all of its creativity(if they even had any before)now. The same damn wing pattern used on I believe 3 other Adidas schools in the FBS. That's not the worst part about these unis though, it's the pants stripe. I'm not even sure if you could call it a pants stripe though. This is a sorry excuse for a uniform, but the helmet keeps this uniform from being a 1/10 to a 3/10.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

FAU

Back on topic, I'm loving the Ducks' unis as a whole, however I wish we could have seen this with the previous wings and helmet.

My dad is an FAU alumni, and he was ashamed at this mess. Adidas has lost all of its creativity(if they even had any before)now. The same damn wing pattern used on I believe 3 other Adidas schools in the FBS. That's not the worst part about these unis though, it's the pants stripe. I'm not even sure if you could call it a pants stripe though. This is a sorry excuse for a uniform, but the helmet keeps this uniform from being a 1/10 to a 3/10.

I suspect that wing pattern (and the claw marks Arkansas State and Texas State are using) is just a generic design that teams can order from Adidas.

Here's Rutgers new uniforms in action

628x471.jpg

11512331-large.jpg

11512662-large.jpg

That is a very pretty game. Tulane always guarantees that at least one team will look amazing. Too bad they play in a conference where the other team won't.

True, on both counts.

Hey, look... Rutgers is wearing that NFL collar everyone hates.

We always look great at Tulane. Roll Wave.

(yes, this was an alumnus homer post)

I'm not an alumni; I just like team. But true nonetheless.

Great? The Wave are magnificent.

Not sure I could have said it better myself.

I just came up with Tulane's Motto: Look great, but don't play great

Pretty much :(

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

FAU

I suspect that wing pattern (and the claw marks Arkansas State and Texas State are using) is just a generic design that teams can order from Adidas.

Bingo. Same with the bridge graphic on New Mexico State.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Holy hell Oregon looked amazing last night. The best they've ever looked IMO, and easily a top look in college football. The helmet was incredible, and I loved the darker wings on the jersey shoulders. And it was GREAT to see them in yellow/green/yellow.

And I also noticed that ND's pants were a lot yellower than last year. Personally I'm not a fan. The mismatching helmet and pants is one of my biggest gripes with how we looked pre-1980s.

Lastly, Navy has moved to the Speed Machine template...

Trey+Miller+Notre+Dame+v+Navy+_Fa7ZbqqZNml.jpg

It just dawned on me that Boise tweaked their road jersey from last year.

2011:

Brandon+Boykin+Boise+State+v+Georgia+C7manh9X9h2l.jpg

2012:

Joe+Southwick+Boise+State+v+Michigan+State+2DDb2CQ84uvl.jpg

Not a fan - they've officially gone from distinctive to bland, and now there's no point in having the asymmetrical helmet because the rest of the uniform is no longer asymmetrical.

I think it's because the top one was the PCR version while the bottom is the standard version.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

So, Bethune-Cookman's wild-n-wacky sleeve chevrons, then. I find myself simultaneously repulsed and intrigued. I mean, at least an HBCU's doing something other than a poor click-and-fill job on a Russell template.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

What the jersey's look like in real lighting.

proxy.jpg

The only thing that bugs me about this look is that the wings on the helmet are silver, but the feathers on the jersey are green. It would look better if the wings on the helmet were chrome green.

Not sure why this bothers everyone so much. Plenty of ducks have difference colored feather on their heads vs. on their wings.

Colorful-Mallard-Duck-Flight-300x276.jpg

The problem is that it's not a duck; it's a uniform, and the type of feathers that are on the helmet are not indicative of those that adorn the head of a duck, so there's really no one-to-one comparison. I think what they're saying is that there are just one too many colors. It would look more cohesive, like the jersey and the helmet belonged together, if all the accents were chrome or all the accents were colorshift green.

In the promo photos you can see a carbon fiber pattern in the yellow helmet. I can't see it on TV, but I could do without that as well.

I don't like the carbon fiber or wings either; I'm just saying out of all the crazy crap Oregon has worn, chrome wings on a uniform that is almost exclusively school colors just doesn't bother me much. MUCH better than the ghost flames on the yellow helmet.

Holy hell Oregon looked amazing last night. The best they've ever looked IMO, and easily a top look in college football. The helmet was incredible, and I loved the darker wings on the jersey shoulders. And it was GREAT to see them in yellow/green/yellow.

And I also noticed that ND's pants were a lot yellower than last year. Personally I'm not a fan. The mismatching helmet and pants is one of my biggest gripes with how we looked pre-1980s.

Navy should have followed Army with a road version of the Pro Combat uniforms.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

2011:

2012:

Not a fan - they've officially gone from distinctive to bland, and now there's no point in having the asymmetrical helmet because the rest of the uniform is no longer asymmetrical.

upgrade. now ditch the helmet.

2011:

2012:

upgrade. now ditch the helmet.

I agree, but I would change the helmet to have the horse head on both sides.

Navy should have followed Army with a road version of the Pro Combat uniforms.

total downgrade IMO. I own the old tackle-twill uni and love the BIG wordmark on the front but now it just looks cramped but Oregon is looking sharp as always

Racing2.png

CapitalCanuck.png

Five-lights.blogspot.com - my Motorsports Blog

So, Bethune-Cookman's wild-n-wacky sleeve chevrons, then. I find myself simultaneously repulsed and intrigued. I mean, at least an HBCU's doing something other than a poor click-and-fill job on a Russell template.

I'm not sure if I like the ensemble as a whole. I like the sleeve and leg chevrons, the helmets are OK, but I'm not sure they work well together.

32416ccaaa88751e804553a499c699eb.jpg

f2a2e0ff5056d18095a70f3df49c154f.jpg

gYH2mW9.png

Louisville comes out red jerseys and red pants. No black jerseys this week.

Ugh, but maybe these could be for Cincinnati or North Carolina.

EDIT: The Red on Red looks pretty good, but I think UK looks better. Hopefully the games on the field and not the uniforms.

Archived