College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Louisville should be in white pants and Kentucky should be in blue pants. The state of Kentucky showing that they're, once again, ass-backwards. ;)

Louisville > IU and NU; nuff said.

Pfft, only if you're looking at stats and facts. :rolleyes: ^This ?uckin' guy...

When does basketball season start?

What do you care? They're better than IU at basketball, too.

Au contraire mon frere.

Baylor would look much better in gold pants and a green jersey, I can't believe they're jumping onto BFBS this late into the game.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Louisville should be in white pants and Kentucky should be in blue pants. The state of Kentucky showing that they're, once again, ass-backwards. ;)

Pfft, only if you're looking at stats and facts. :rolleyes: ^This ?uckin' guy...

Au contraire mon frere.

Baylor would look much better in gold pants and a green jersey, I can't believe they're jumping onto BFBS this late into the game.

Lets just settle Louisville vs IU on the hardwood. I question Baylor using BFBS with the gold pants and helmets.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Baylor looks terrible in black. The traditional gold helmet paired with a modern black jersey with very little gold on it looks bad. The black and green are hard to tell apart with both being so dark. There's no white on the uniform, but one of the stripes on the helmet is black. And they even colored the flywire on the shoulders. Just a bad look all around.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Au contraire mon frere.

preseason polls mean next to nothing most of the time

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Au contraire mon frere.

preseason polls mean next to nothing most all of the time

FTFY

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

A few modifications and Oregon could be perfect. I like kelly green just as much as I like thunder green so I used a medium between the two.

oregon.png

One small change makes the entire uniform better.

The modified uniforms look much better, but which one small change were you referring to? I count three (facemask, darker green, no number outline).

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

A few modifications and Oregon could be perfect. I like kelly green just as much as I like thunder green so I used a medium between the two.

oregon.png

One small change makes the entire uniform better.

The modified uniforms look much better, but which one small change were you referring to? I count three (facemask, darker green, no number outline).

Five. Wings to jersey color green on helmet and shoulders.

In my biased opinion, this was the best looking game of the weekend. No neon. No chrome. No glam. Just two traditional football uniforms going head-to-head.

Colorado%2BSt_Furm.jpg

It was a great looking game. But CSU's uniforms are a little bland for me, especially when they go white on white. Simply adding a number to the shoulders/sleeves and either a logo or stripe to the pants would do wonders. And they should never go white on white again. Use the green or gold pants with the white jersey, since they were playing CU the green pants would have been the best choice.

jNTsTyQ.png

Agreed, Talktochuck. CSU's white-on-white is the one thing keeping this matchup from being truly stellar (though it's not a terrible combo, either). Green pants for the Rams make this a perfect matchup.

I just wish the Rams had this set when I watched them play at Utah State last year. I had to see that Russell crap in action.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Akron in lime green helmets, or bad photoshop job? (Sorry for crappy phone picture.)

I'm going to go out on a limb here, now stay with me on this, but I think Akron is going to wear their normal gold *gasp*

Nah I'm just kidding, but I'm pretty sure that the helmet in the picture is the usual helmet just a bad coloring job

What the jersey's look like in real lighting.

proxy.jpg

The only thing that bugs me about this look is that the wings on the helmet are silver, but the feathers on the jersey are green. It would look better if the wings on the helmet were chrome green.

Not sure why this bothers everyone so much. Plenty of ducks have difference colored feather on their heads vs. on their wings.

Colorful-Mallard-Duck-Flight-300x276.jpg

The problem is that it's not a duck; it's a uniform, and the type of feathers that are on the helmet are not indicative of those that adorn the head of a duck, so there's really no one-to-one comparison. I think what they're saying is that there are just one too many colors. It would look more cohesive, like the jersey and the helmet belonged together, if all the accents were chrome or all the accents were colorshift green.

In the promo photos you can see a carbon fiber pattern in the yellow helmet. I can't see it on TV, but I could do without that as well.

I don't like the carbon fiber or wings either; I'm just saying out of all the crazy crap Oregon has worn, chrome wings on a uniform that is almost exclusively school colors just doesn't bother me much. MUCH better than the ghost flames on the yellow helmet.

I like the chrome mixed with the green and the yellow (I think it looks much more unexpected and interesting than using green on the helmet), but I don't like the chrome on the helmet mixed with the other shiny colorshift finish on the jersey. I think they should just be the same, either both chrome or both colorshift green/purple (or better yet, just use the wings on the jersey and go with an O on the helmet). Looking at the photos, they chrome on the helmet and the colorshift finish on the jersey look pretty similar in game action, so it's not the biggest deal, I suppose, but rather just one of those 'I know it's wrong in my head and I want it to be right' type of things.

oregon.png

I was going to write out a long post about how I liked the idea behind this uniform, but there were a lot of small changes that would make it perfect. This pretty much does exactly what I would to change these and it looks great.

I think the chrome provides rest for the eyes. It seems like it's green and yellow overload without it. I also like the brighter green.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

SMU had such a great look the last couple years and although I do like the stripes in game action those numbers look cheap and old school create a school ish. If they went with traditional block numerals then they would look great...and one more thing why change the stripes on te helmet if the old stripes matched the now completely visible "northwestern" stripe?... Nike is not to blame June jones is to blame...and his unis at Hawaii were some of the best.

2ib2po6-1.jpg

That's lime green. The helmet is gold.

I've always wondered about this. How did lime green get a rep as being that bright, gaudy type of color? The way I see it, Lime green should either be a medium-dark, yellowish kelly green (outer skin), or a lighter, less intense, almost olive green (inner flesh). Some limes are brighter, maybe like a Granny Smith apple color, but never intensely bright like the swatch above.

lime_3.jpg

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Holy hell Oregon looked amazing last night. The best they've ever looked IMO, and easily a top look in college football. The helmet was incredible, and I loved the darker wings on the jersey shoulders. And it was GREAT to see them in yellow/green/yellow.

And I also noticed that ND's pants were a lot yellower than last year. Personally I'm not a fan. The mismatching helmet and pants is one of my biggest gripes with how we looked pre-1980s.

Lastly, Navy has moved to the Speed Machine template...

Trey+Miller+Notre+Dame+v+Navy+_Fa7ZbqqZNml.jpg

I knew I wasn't seeing things regarding ND's pants. I think they were trying to match the newer helmets but this isn't working. I think last years pants werent perfect but better than what they have now.

2ib2po6-1.jpg

That's lime green. The helmet is gold.

I've always wondered about this. How did lime green get a rep as being that bright, gaudy type of color? The way I see it, Lime green should either be a medium-dark, yellowish kelly green (outer skin), or a lighter, less intense, almost olive green (inner flesh). Some limes are brighter, maybe like a Granny Smith apple color, but never intensely bright like the swatch above.

lime_3.jpg

It's people being 100% lazy and just assuming florescent green is lime green when it's not. And by the way, that Akron helmet is not lime green, it's a light gold. It may have a tint of green due to the printing process, but that is about as much green as it has. If you saw that helmet on the poster as lime green, then it's time to get your eyes checked!

Archived