College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

2ib2po6-1.jpg

That's lime green. The helmet is gold.

I've always wondered about this. How did lime green get a rep as being that bright, gaudy type of color? The way I see it, Lime green should either be a medium-dark, yellowish kelly green (outer skin), or a lighter, less intense, almost olive green (inner flesh). Some limes are brighter, maybe like a Granny Smith apple color, but never intensely bright like the swatch above.

lime_3.jpg

It's people being 100% lazy and just assuming florescent green is lime green when it's not. And by the way, that Akron helmet is not lime green, it's a light gold. It may have a tint of green due to the printing process, but that is about as much green as it has. If you saw that helmet on the poster as lime green, then it's time to get your eyes checked!

Are you sure you're talking about an Akron helmet? I'm pretty sure that was Navy's helmet on that poster.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bumping this question.

Also, what template is FSU using where they can maintain their beautiful collars?

199641_358475410893195_106347290_n.jpg

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Bumping this question.

Also, what template is FSU using where they can maintain their beautiful collars?

The same template that Ohio State and Florida use.

I think it's a fairly common template. Oklahoma wears it as well.

What's the name of the template though? Honestly, I can't differentiate between any of them.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Bumping this question.

What's the name of the template though? Honestly, I can't differentiate between any of them.

I have never heard of a name for it.

Bumping this question.

Whatever the template is called, many of the NFL teams should have used it.

Bumping this question.

Destroyer? I think

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

FSU's one of those schools that won't be following in USC's footsteps even if moving to the Speed Machine allows them to maintain their design. There's no way that collar design would look good on such a big collar, even if they got rid of the flywire.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I didn't think of that. Whoops.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It's kind of sad to see San Diego State's identity keep drifting farther and father downhill from the early-2000's glory days:

!C!fzTO!B2k~$(KGrHqV,!g8EzeDbSPJfBNDOiRztw!~~0_3.JPG

tolver.jpg

Random, I know, but I just realized that they switched to that boring WVU template.

Glory days? The only thing worth keeping from that uniform is the pant stripe.

Couldn't they just do what the Pats did and use a Speed Machine jersey with an old-style collar?

I'd expect an NFL team to have more design clout than a college, which is probably why we don't see this situation play out at the college level the same way it did with the Patriots, though that doesn't explain how a third of the league ended up with disco collars.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

It's kind of sad to see San Diego State's identity keep drifting farther and father downhill from the early-2000's glory days:

!C!fzTO!B2k~$(KGrHqV,!g8EzeDbSPJfBNDOiRztw!~~0_3.JPG

tolver.jpg

Random, I know, but I just realized that they switched to that boring WVU template.

Still my all-time favorite Aztecs set. I have many fond memories of watching that set on SportsWest when I was a kid. The pants stripe, collar, and of course the helmet were just flat-out perfect.

Oh, and Air Force looks beautiful.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived