College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Virginia Tech's uniforms would benefit greatly from a maroon outline on the numbers. Georgia Tech's uniforms would benefit greatly from a fire in the equipment room.

POTD?!?

POTD

Thou tis agreeith with thou that hath posted before thyself.

Somebody please award Sodboy his well-deserved 9th POTD ribbon?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

not a fan. i will say that the final product is way better than the promo photos. there are just too many disjointed design elements, imo. and the lack of consistency in the color palette is ridiculous.

201209032138779108374-p2.jpeg

more pics below. they're huge, so i put them in a spoiler.

georgia-tech-v-virgnia-tech-20120903-185216-601.jpg

georgia-tech-v-virgnia-tech-20120903-173821-347.jpg

georgia-tech-v-virgnia-tech-20120903-173821-317.jpg

georgia-tech-v-virgnia-tech-20120903-184814-078.jpg

georgia-tech-v-virgnia-tech-20120903-184814-077.jpg

kind of like a uniform design potluck. a little of this... a little of that. like a super charged version of Colorado States uniforms from last season. with some Seahawks numbers bolted on.

bonus pic:

41191_10150249398855331_190549515330_14157244_7629508_n.jpg

found this while looking at CSU's uniforms for comparison. the girls VB kit looks vaguely similar to this new GT set, lol.

Screen_Shot_2012-09-03_at_8.11.28_PM.png

I'm not trolling - I've always wanted GT to use a honeycomb pattern somewhere on their uniforms.

It's the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. Yellow Jackets do not produce honey. They live in hives, yes, but "honeycomb" and "yellow jackets" don't really go together as a concept. It's like when people suggest the Jazz and Hornets switch names because "Utah is the beehive state!"

It only contributes to the overall dumbing down of the populace.

Ok first of all, we've all decided the "honey"comb effect is associated scientifically with the yellow jacket. Science! you can't argue its not.

Now im late on this GT debacle. I dig the helmets, the jersey... hella overkill. I think what really just runs this joke into the ground is 3D effect in honeycomb. I like the simple honeycomb, on the helmet. but this effect (on the number espc) look AWFUL!!! Sleeves, undershirt, side panels maybe. Then call it a day.

VT as normal looks amazing!

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

What's killing Ga Tech's uniforms and a lot of uniforms, is the lack of good design principles. I understand you want to do something good, and I understand you want to do something to be seen, but good design is not over the top and in your face like this. If they wanted to do a honeycomb pattern, then do it subtly. It's not just Ga Tech's uniforms. It's Minnesota's maroon numbers and Northwestern's numbers with the brick pattern that can be seen because it's so obvious. A good to great design would have these elements and keep them subtle. While I like what Oregon's done over the past few years, I still say it would be so much better if they did everything subtly. To me that would make it an awesome design.

Archived