College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

I remember hearing rumors about Texas getting new uniforms and we would see them during the spring. Well, I have been to some practices and hadn't seen anything new...until yesterday. Kenny Vaccarro was wearing one of the new uniforms that Oregon wore in the Rose bowl.

Check out the Chain Maille Mesh on the name plate.

6821743434_a271f0a070_o.jpg

rose-bowl-uniforms-2012.jpg

He wasn't wearing them in the earliest spring practices, but I'm not sure if the 8th was the first day he had.

Also, some guys testing out the Nike Pro Combat Speed Machine pants in the new pics from yesterday's practice: http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/view.gal?id=116094

They are the pants with a swoosh on the heft hip instead of right hip.

I'm pretty sure they switched to those last season

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember hearing rumors about Texas getting new uniforms and we would see them during the spring. Well, I have been to some practices and hadn't seen anything new...until yesterday. Kenny Vaccarro was wearing one of the new uniforms that Oregon wore in the Rose bowl.

He wasn't wearing them in the earliest spring practices, but I'm not sure if the 8th was the first day he had.

Also, some guys testing out the Nike Pro Combat Speed Machine pants in the new pics from yesterday's practice: http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/view.gal?id=116094

Incorrect.

The first team to wear the jersey was oregon in the Rose Bowl, which wasn't played until after Texas' season was concluded.

Not sure if those are real or not. Even the real ones in that template (incl. Oregon) look like PSs to me.

TCU Football put this on their facebook page last week:

430051_402016279813102_161980173816715_1761479_944075851_n.jpg

That's gotta be as fake as an honest politician....

Aren't those the uniforms they wore last year?

Yes, other than the gloves (which they wore during the Rose Bowl).

Is it just me or do those numbers look incredibly thick in the left picture?

Its just you.

The oversaturation and the blatant lighting make them appear "plastic" like. I see what you mean, but on the field they won't be thick at all.

As for the throwback, Me Gusta! :D

New Illinois throwbacks:

6855054886_b802109ba5_o.png

Those aren't new. They wore them a few years ago and were auctioned off after the game. I doubt they had Nike make the same exact throwbacks again. Those pictures came from a video Illinois posted on their website, but all of the uniforms and apparel shown were from the past few years. I'm not sure what the point of the video is.

Those aren't new. They wore them a few years ago and were auctioned off after the game. I doubt they had Nike make the same exact throwbacks again. Those pictures came from a video Illinois posted on their website, but all of the uniforms and apparel shown were from the past few years. I'm not sure what the point of the video is.

Me niether. They were on uniwatchblog this morning.

Incorrect.

The first team to wear the jersey was oregon in the Rose Bowl, which wasn't played until after Texas' season was concluded.

clarification: I was talking about texas and pro combat pants...they wore the pro combat cut last season which explains what they are wearing in the spring ball photos.

Incorrect.

clarification: I was talking about texas and pro combat pants...they wore the pro combat cut last season which explains what they are wearing in the spring ball photos.

No, it doesn't. As I explained, MOST of the players are wearing the pants the team wore last season. However, some are wearing the new pants that Nike started making last season (and that Texas most definitely did not wear). The difference isn't obvious, but it is there. The newer pants have a swoosh on the left hip. The older ones have them on the right hip.

picture 5 is the best example. #24 is wearing the old pants that the team wore last season (team logo on left hip). #92 is wearing the new pants that Texas is testing out and has not worn in a game yet (swoosh on left hip).

6860264784_1fc30585b2_o.jpg

Incorrect.

No, it doesn't. As I explained, MOST of the players are wearing the pants the team wore last season. However, some are wearing the new pants that Nike started making last season (and that Texas most definitely did not wear). The difference isn't obvious, but it is there. The newer pants have a swoosh on the left hip. The older ones have them on the right hip.

picture 5 is the best example. #24 is wearing the old pants that the team wore last season (team logo on left hip). #92 is wearing the new pants that Texas is testing out and has not worn in a game yet (swoosh on left hip).

were last season's pants pro combat or not?..if not what nike model were they?

I just looked at photos from last season and the seams clearly mimic that of the original pro combat cut/seam patterns (stripe wraps behind the knee). I never claimed claimed they wore speed machine last season.

Incorrect.

were last season's pants pro combat or not?..if not what nike model were they?

I just looked at photos from last season and the seams clearly mimic that of the original pro combat cut/seam patterns (stripe wraps behind the knee). I never claimed claimed they wore speed machine last season.

The seams are similar, but not the same. Texas wore 1st gen pro combat pants. I hate calling something "pro combat" because all that means is it is part of a system of garments that are worn together and share a common name for marketing purposes. Oregon, TCU etc wore 2nd gen (that went along with speed machine, but I don't know if the pants were called that or not). The pants that Wilson #92 is wearing are what TCU and Oregon, but not Texas, wore last year. Are they very similar? Sure. But the pants #92 is wearing in that pic and the shirt Vaccaro is wearing in the earlier one are newer generation than Texas has worn on the field yet.

If you made the whole jersey one color like I expect Texas to do for game unis then that speed machine template looks really good on Texas. I really like the addition of the longhorn logo on the collar. Interesting to see if this template is used next season and if they still have Texas across the chest even with the longhorn logo

Archived