College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what offends me more, the honeycomb or the number font.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Mizzou is wearing their flat black helmets, gold jerseys, and black pants. They look goooood!

Missouri in the right combination, might have the best unis in college football.

I believe this is best set introduced this year.

spacer.png

Mizzou is wearing their flat black helmets, gold jerseys, and black pants. They look goooood!

Missouri in the right combination, might have the best unis in college football.

I believe this is best set introduced this year.

I really love the set, especially the helmets. But they will only be wearing them once a year according to their equipment manager.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Mizzou looking absolutely great in these unis. Should be main home combo. That helmet should be only helmet worn ever for them. That thing is sharp

I agree! Throw the other helmet in the trash and keep this one!

spacer.png

The Mizzou unis are awesome, those helmets look better than I expected them to, but the contrasting sweat panels annoy me so much. Why can't they just take those things off?

Why Nike believes they are a great looks baffle me. There is not one team in the NFL or NCAA that looks good with those jerseys.

spacer.png

Miizou looks great in the golf uniforms and the helmets are fantastic. I wouldn't complain at all if that were their primary home look.

And I'm not sure why Illinois is changing to blue facemasks. The white looks much better and to change it week 2 doesn't make much sense.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Watching the Ducks game, and I'm not feeling the new carbon helmets. From a distance, it looks matte with the metallic wings. Granted, I don't have a HDTV, but it's not until you get a medium shot that the carbon pattern starts to appear. Meh... I liked last week's yellow helmet MUCH more than this week's.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Watching the Ducks game, and I'm not feeling the new carbon helmets. From a distance, it looks matte with the metallic wings. Granted, I don't have a HDTV, but it's not until you get a medium shot that the carbon pattern starts to appear. Meh... I liked last week's yellow helmet MUCH more than this week's.

I have been loving Oregon's unis since they have become a Guinea Pig for Nike, but not this year because I HATE their helmets. The one last week would have been okay if the wings were green, but the Metallic was not a good look. Now this week, the Metallic on Carbon is just horrible.

spacer.png

Oregon...

1336479915136.jpg

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I do feel like my Alma mater (Mizzou) is just a tad bit off from a great look. And hey, the toilet bowl collar sort of works for them! I like the elements like the striping, but the three tones of black (glossy helmet, matte helmets, and road jersey shoulder area) are too much. Here's what I would do:

-Use only the matte helmets, add the two stripes, keep the logo all yellow but shrink it.

-Have all three jerseys follow the template of the gold jersey.

-Wear yellow pants primarily.

Yellow jerseys just don't look good, in general. I can think of very few that actually work without being gaudy.

I don't like the carbon fiber pattern either. I guess I never have. I could get behind actual carbon fiber helmets, but that's not realistic. I just don't really like things that are made to look exactly like other things in general. Feels artificial to me. If this pattern must be used, I'd prefer it be done in a way that makes it clear that it's a design element rather than straight-up faux carbon fiber. It also seems like Oregon's used the carbon fiber pattern for an eternity, given how quick their design turnover generally is.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived