College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if this was posted earlier...great video about the Mizzou helmets.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

These photos have been posted by a ton of my friends that go to UT, and apparently, it might be worn against the Gators this Saturday. It looks fake, but if it's real, I would imagine that a uniform to fit would come along with it.

303963_415926585138420_975713799_n.jpg

545920_415926541805091_145105350_n.jpg

I really hope that they don't wear this, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's real. It's been getting a lot of positive feedback from students.

Not real. The photos are from an eBay auction from a guy that does customs.

Regular uniforms for Tennessee on Saturday.

That Mizzou Helmet is the best helmet out there in college football right now. Needs to be their full time even though it sucks for the equipment guys

+200,000; It is both traditional and modern at the same time.

In what way is a matte helmet with no striping and huge-ass decals at all traditional?

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

That Mizzou Helmet is the best helmet out there in college football right now. Needs to be their full time even though it sucks for the equipment guys

+200,000; It is both traditional and modern at the same time.

In what way is a matte helmet with no striping and huge-ass decals at all traditional?

The Matte adds the Modern part while the Logo adds the traditional function.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Mizzou's logo has been the block M for the better part of the last 50 years. How is a giant tiger head at all traditional?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Great video. Really nice to see that they went the extra mile with the custom decal and extra labor to get the look they wanted. Shows that people are really beginning to care more about this stuff.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Mizzou's logo has been the block M for the better part of the last 50 years. How is a giant tiger head at all traditional?

I think it's kind of of classy modern. It's clearly modern, but in a way it's classy and clean. Yet it's exciting. It's perfect

Exactly. I've never liked that tiger logo, mainly because it's always in that blah, expected oval. Stripping it back to one color makes it look premium and contemporary, enlarging it gives it a bit of additional presence and ditching the container lets it breathe and makes it look as classy as as can be. It's very well done.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I think it's kind of of classy modern. It's clearly modern, but in a way it's classy and clean. Yet it's exciting. It's perfect

Exactly. I've never liked that tiger logo, mainly because it's always in that blah, expected oval. Stripping it back to one color makes it look premium and contemporary, enlarging it gives it a bit of additional presence and ditching the container lets it breathe and makes it look as classy as as can be. It's very well done.

Only thing I disagree with. I feel like the alt helmet would have been much better with the logo still having white in it. It makes the logo look too much like a blob now. Also, matte still sucks.

That said, Mizzou really needs to get rid of the oval container for the logo in everything. I feel like the tiger head itself works so much better.

Great video. Really nice to see that they went the extra mile with the custom decal and extra labor to get the look they wanted. Shows that people are really beginning to care more about this stuff.

Spending 7 minutes per helmet seems like a little much. There's what, 85 scholarship players and others like walk-ons who need helmets? So about 10 hours of time spent on putting decals on helmets?

For a pro team I would think that's more than fine, but for colleges it seems excessive. I know many athletic departments have separate budgets for sports and academics, so maybe it's not an issue but it just seems like a waste of money.

Spending 7 minutes per helmet seems like a little much. There's what, 85 scholarship players and others like walk-ons who need helmets? So about 10 hours of time spent on putting decals on helmets?

For a pro team I would think that's more than fine, but for colleges it seems excessive. I know many athletic departments have separate budgets for sports and academics, so maybe it's not an issue but it just seems like a waste of money.

If you are on Twitter, go find a few college equipment staffs. You'll soon learn that these guys deserve a HECK of a lot more credit than they receive. They are an integral part of the "behind the scenes" portions of College Football, or any major sport for that matter. Those guys work around the clock in most cases.

I'm pretty sure that most major schools, take apart, clean, sometimes reapply helmet decals for almost every game or so.

You got to realize though they have an Army of student managers to do this. It will probably on take about 2 hours to do all the helmets once they get the hang of the decal and their aiming points.

Huh? Your opinion doesn't matter. Either it is a rivalry uniform or it isn't.

Wyoming ordered those new yellow uniforms a couple seasons back and the grey digital camo ones this season. Are those PCR uniforms? Of course not. Florida participated in the same program to debut Nike's new alpha talon cleats, but their uniform looked the exact same (though on a different template), so are you saying you think that was a PCR uniform for Oregon, but not Florida?

I think with Wyoming, the key word is 'ordered' since all the rivalry uniforms were instigated by Nike as far as we know. Yes, Florida participated in the same unveiling, but their uniform didn't look any different than their normal set, so I wouldn't consider that part of the Rivalry series. Oregon's uniform used a new color palette, new textures and included the baselayer with TV numbers. That departure from their normal uniform makes it a Rivalry uniform, without even taking into account Nike's confirmation that they were part of the series last year. There are plenty of teams that use, in their normal uniforms, the same technology that the Rivalry uniforms use or have used. That's exactly what Florida did in this case. Granted, it's rare for a school to debut the new technology without being part of the rivalry series (teams usually adopt the technology full-time the next year, for example), but the rule still holds.

Rivalry is a marketig term. Nothing more. If Nike says a uniform is part of the Pro Combat Rivlary series, then it is. If Nike doesn't, then it isn't.

Only thing I disagree with. I feel like the alt helmet would have been much better with the logo still having white in it. It makes the logo look too much like a blob now. Also, matte still sucks.

That said, Mizzou really needs to get rid of the oval container for the logo in everything. I feel like the tiger head itself works so much better.

Definitely agree there. The oval just holds the logo back, containing it too much. If they took the alternate logo, shrunk it just a bit, added some white into it and slapped it on their primary helmets, I would love that.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Archived