College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

@LSUBonnette: In addition to the Purple jerseys, @LSUfball will have another new feature to their unis this weekend vs. Idaho. Stay tuned.

Most probably it will be new shoes:

A2oWudACUAAixqx.jpg

Weird that USC, FSU and LSU are all wearing their PCR shoes before the actual PCR uniforms.

Ohio State has been wearing there's to

I didn't get to watch the Miami of OH game, but looking at pictures of it now, yes, the team is wearing its PCR cleats. Easiest way to tell is the metallic sole and team name on the outside heel.

http://www.trbimg.com/img-1346975976000/turbine/os-ucf-knights-news-0907-20120906-001

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a PCR series this year. USC, tOSU, LSU, FSU and Oregon are participating. No links that I know of [this is my issue] (unless you count the supporting merchandise).

There is no such thing as PC shoes and Nike wouldn't make these for USC and LSU (because USC wears all black and LSU white/black, not because they aren't good enough) of all teams without making them for their other elite teams (Texas, etc...).

OK, you keep saying this but you have no evidence or proof, at least not that you're showing me/us. Now perhaps you have inside info that you cant exactly share, but I'm a trained journalist and with all the info I've seen (or rather, haven't seen) I wouldn't run a story saying that there are PCR uniforms this year.

You're probably right on the shoe thing, them being PCR shoes, but that likelihood isn't enough to confirm a 2012 Nike PCR series (Not to me anyway).

Ok so here's the deal. I doubt this will change anything and people will keep arguing about this but here is my take on it. Nike has a clothing line called the Nike rivalry series, which features two t shirt's, and a hat. So far it does not appear that Nike will be using a full Pro Combat Rivalry series with one off uniforms. But the have teams wearing there full system of dress, where teams wear the full uniform system with cleats, socks, and gloves. I can not find any good pictures of Ohio States but players have been wearing special scarlet and gray gloves and cleats with block o's on them for the last two games. Nike also has photos on there facebook page of other teams special gloves and cleat. Photos Here. I don't know if that answers your questions but from the research I have done that is what it appears Nike is doing this year

Oregon breaking out another new helmet this weekend, according to HGI's facebook page.

Im guessing your referencing this image?...Are you sure there referencing an Oregon helmet

644008_414719978576852_1831151267_n.jpg

I can't read their mind, so I'm not positive, but they did have watch parties the last 2 weeks at Big Al's unveiling the helmet Oregon wore (for the first time) that day, so it seems like a pretty good guess.

I can see why you would assumse that and I also assume its an Oregon helmet, but I also see Army's helmet there to

. . . . . . im not going to do it

is it behind Navy's helmet?

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

There is a PCR series this year. USC, tOSU, LSU, FSU and Oregon are participating. No links that I know of [this is my issue] (unless you count the supporting merchandise).

There is no such thing as PC shoes and Nike wouldn't make these for USC and LSU (because USC wears all black and LSU white/black, not because they aren't good enough) of all teams without making them for their other elite teams (Texas, etc...).

OK, you keep saying this but you have no evidence or proof, at least not that you're showing me/us. Now perhaps you have inside info that you cant exactly share, but I'm a trained journalist and with all the info I've seen (or rather, haven't seen) I wouldn't run a story saying that there are PCR uniforms this year.

You're probably right on the shoe thing, them being PCR shoes, but that likelihood isn't enough to confirm a 2012 Nike PCR series (Not to me anyway).

Ok so here's the deal. I doubt this will change anything and people will keep arguing about this but here is my take on it. Nike has a clothing line called the Nike rivalry series, which features two t shirt's, and a hat. So far it does not appear that Nike will be using a full Pro Combat Rivalry series with one off uniforms. But the have teams wearing there full system of dress, where teams wear the full uniform system with cleats, socks, and gloves. I can not find any good pictures of Ohio States but players have been wearing special scarlet and gray gloves and cleats with block o's on them for the last two games. Nike also has photos on there facebook page of other teams special gloves and cleat. Photos Here. I don't know if that answers your questions but from the research I have done that is what it appears Nike is doing this year

Oregon breaking out another new helmet this weekend, according to HGI's facebook page.

Im guessing your referencing this image?...Are you sure there referencing an Oregon helmet

I can't read their mind, so I'm not positive, but they did have watch parties the last 2 weeks at Big Al's unveiling the helmet Oregon wore (for the first time) that day, so it seems like a pretty good guess.

I can see why you would assumse that and I also assume its an Oregon helmet, but I also see Army's helmet there to

True, but the owners are Oregon fans and it says 2-0, not 3-0.

If I were a journalist, I wouldn't use the word "confirmed" based on the info I have, but I'm not so I don't have to. tOSU signed a 4-year agreement to wear the uniforms FWIW.

Not sure if D2 is included in this, but I thought these helmets were pretty cool and Boise State pro combat style

00002615-org.jpg

Notre Dame College in Ohio

If that eyebrow portion is halftoned i'll die inside.

Good execution, but the use of a higher quality logo would do wonders.

Are those their game jerseys? Or is this a practice?

Considering the guy about to tackle him is wearing a helmet with a green "M" on it, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's from a game.

It was a game, they played Mercyhurst their first game. They are in the GLIAC this year with Grand Valley, Ferris, and all of them

haha and that is their high quality logo notredamecollegeohio2.jpg

rp_primary_Pedro_Powell.jpg

vegasbowl.png

are you sure they were not talking about the debut of the Army helmet? i believe that was the big unveil last week correct?

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Based on their color schedule, I'm guessing it's this:

Screen+Shot+2012-08-28+at+3.10.05+PM.png

I want those green wings on the yellow shells from the first game...with the rest of that uniform. It would be perfection for Oregon.

gYH2mW9.png

are you sure they were not talking about the debut of the Army helmet? i believe that was the big unveil last week correct?

Nope, the helmet in the middle (carbon fiber with liquid chrom wings) was. Again, I'm not just making stuff up.

"HGI was at Big Al's @ Progress Ridge TownSquare once again for the 2nd unveiling of an all NEW Oregon Ducks Helmet."

https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.413683395347177.86947.127620767286776&type=3

304949_413109345404582_146315130_n.jpg

God Rutgers looks freaking amazing. Good looking game uniform wise. Too bad it's ugly football wise.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

God Rutgers looks freaking amazing. Good looking game uniform wise. Too bad it's ugly football wise.

im with you. i may have underestimated Rutger's unis a bit. looking great tonight

Agreed. I did not like them at all when they were released but wow did that white uniform look sharp. They definitely looked much better tonight than I thought they would.

My favorite Virginia Tech looks:

tyrod-taylor.jpg

5P2Q_15061081_NCarolina_Virginia_Tech_Football.JPG

VTech_display_image.jpg

Honorable mention:

a-tyrod-taylor-pic.jpg

I think your honorable mention is their best looking default uniforms, those top uniforms are just atrocious in every way though.

I don't think the top ones are that bad pretty solid actually imo. But the orange are in desperate need of white numbers.

The bottom ones are ok, not too bad considering piping isn't always a great look. I think they pull it off well.

As for Rutgers, they looked really nice. The helmet and shoulder details are a nice subtle touch.

I think the numbers are what makes that set great though.

That game made me realize I hate UA's treatment of numbers and nameplates and appreciate nikes.

Archived