College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Duke is supposedly wearing the black helmets tomorrow night (with black jerseys and pants). The endzones say Duke in black this week. Apparently, the endzones will now be painted white or blue or black during each week to tip off what helmet color is being worn.

Next week Duke is having its 100 Seasons of Football anniversary game (Duke started playing football in 1888 against Carolina, the first game below the Mason-Dixon line, but did not play football between from 1895 to 1920 as it was seen as ungentlemanly and there were allegations of gambling in Chapel Hill). I wonder if there will be special uniforms next week. The field also has 100 Season in script opposite the ACC logos this year.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just tweeted by LSU's equipment manager..

"@LSUFBEquipment: Not only are we wearing purple jerseys this week, but @LSUfball has some new additions from @usnikefootball. Stay tuned for more! #LSUROAR"

New cleats?

Cleats and gloves.

This has followed the posting..

A2yD_cSCUAEDnWx.jpg

Is that gloves or a new helmet decal?

That has to be the gloves because if they put it on the helmet, LSU will protest it.

Disagree.

Clearly (to me, at least...) the purple area is raised compaired to the white area (they don't/wouldn't do that on gloves). I'd imagine this is going to be on a white helmet and the white parts wont be a decal ala the Mizzou matte black helmets' decals.

Scott Rabalais ?@ScottRabalais

#LSU FB equipment has fans atwitter, but Mike Bonnette said only changes Sat. are accessories (gloves, socks, cleats)

Rabalais is part of the local media here in Tiger Country. Take it for what it's worth.

gYH2mW9.png

"@LSUFBEquipment: Not only are we wearing purple jerseys this week, but @LSUfball has some new additions from @usnikefootball. Stay tuned for more! #LSUROAR"

New cleats?

Cleats and gloves.

A2yD_cSCUAEDnWx.jpg

That has to be the gloves because if they put it on the helmet, LSU will protest it.

Disagree.

Clearly (to me, at least...) the purple area is raised compaired to the white area (they don't/wouldn't do that on gloves). I'd imagine this is going to be on a white helmet and the white parts wont be a decal ala the Mizzou matte black helmets' decals.

Can you guys please take my word on this. Being someone who has alot of Nike football gloves, it's a glove...something about when they put designs on it makes that raised decal illusion

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

New cleats?

Cleats and gloves.

A2yD_cSCUAEDnWx.jpg

Disagree.

Can you guys please take my word on this. Being someone who has alot of Nike football gloves, it's a glove...something about when they put designs on it makes that raised decal illusion

I could be terribly mistaken here but I'm pretty certain those are the helmets that are going to be worn this week by Navy.

Couldn't resist.

Beating-a-dead-horse.gif

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

New_Uniform_release.jpg?max_width=515

Tennessee Tech's uni vs. Oregon for tomorrow's game. Details from TTUSports.com:

COOKEVILLE, Tenn. -- In an effort to refresh the team?s look, the Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles will reveal new, cutting-edge football jerseys for the team?s match up Saturday against the University of Oregon in Eugene. The game will be televised on the PAC-12 Network.In conjunction with the Tennessee Tech football team?s official apparel sponsor, Russell Athletic®, the Golden Eagles will take the field against the Ducks in a brand new white, purple and gold uniform, and are also unveiling a new helmet design. Saturday?s jersey is one of a number of different uniform combinations available to the Golden Eagles from Russell Athletic® in 2012.

A sublimated Tennessee Tech Golden Eagle is the dominant design element of the jersey, which was created as a collaboration between Russell Athletic?s design team, the Tennessee Tech football staff and the athletic department?s senior staff. The Golden Eagle pattern is on the sleeves of the jersey, and also repeated on side panels on the body and leg, creating a unique look that pays homage to the school?s mascot.

?The new uniform our players will be wearing when they take the field only adds to the existing excitement of this game,? said Director of Athletics Mark Wilson. ?The look of the jerseys and helmets marries the traditional look of Tennessee Tech?s purple and gold colors and iconic Golden Eagle with cutting-edge uniform design and technology.?

The helmet design is a tribute to the 1972 Tennessee Tech football team that won the Ohio Valley Conference championship 40 years ago. It is gold in color and features purple and gold wings on the sides, reminiscent of the wings worn on the helmets by the Golden Eagle teams in the 1970s that won two OVC titles.

?Our design team wanted to provide Tennessee Tech with uniforms that stood out against the competition,? said Gary Barfield, executive vice president of Russell Brands, LLC. ?The sublimated design and bold colors offer a very unique look. We?ll be rooting for the Golden Eagles and head coach Watson Brown when they take the field in Eugene.?

http://www.ttusports.com/sports/fball/2012-13/releases/9_13_new_uniform

Oh my G-d...these might be worse then the GT honeycomb set. Those sleeves look like they were made from bird themes kitchen window curtains you'd find at an old lady's house. This truly is the winter of our discontent.

VaTech looks great against Pitt (well, their uniforms at least). But for all the flack that Oregon gets for their myriad of uniforms, I have absolutely NO IDEA what VaTech's default uniforms are. Seriously. Does anyone know?!

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

This Cal-Ohio State game looks amazing

Really I DON't see anything special going on to warrant the "amazing" label being thrown out there. Ohio St looks good (as usual), but those Cal outfits are just okay to me.

of course i'll be biased towards my team, but i do think ohio state always looks good, and when Cal goes white on white it always looks good. just my opinion though

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

This Cal-Ohio State game looks amazing

Really I DON't see anything special going on to warrant the "amazing" label being thrown out there. Ohio St looks good (as usual), but those Cal outfits are just okay to me.

of course i'll be biased towards my team, but i do think ohio state always looks good, and when Cal goes white on white it always looks good. just my opinion though

It's not a bad look for Cal. I just wouldn't call it amazing.

gYH2mW9.png

Archived