College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can someone possibly think those Mizzou uniforms are great??

fo_splash.gif

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I know it has been said before, but UCLA really needs to change uniform companies because those stripes are horrible!

Yeah, a transition to Nike would do them a lot of good. Nike doesn't do the stripes properly either but they'd still be better than that TechFit mess.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I understand everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Things aesthetically annoying to me about Mizzou uniform:

-Black bands flush with anthricate shoulder yokes. The colors are too similar, so it looks like a material gaffe

-Black numbers on the shoulders. They're actually almost impossible to read. Defeats purpose of TV numbers.

-Anthricate is pointless and does nothing for the identity

-Anthricate is pointless and does nothing for the identity

If only Nike would understand that...

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

minus the giant numbers on the back of the alternate helmet, i like mizzou's set. it suits them well.(old pic)

341-vUoLr.SlMa.81.jpeg

also thought TCU looked good today, though the return of 100 degree weather basically turned the grey tops into black by halftime. under the sun, the new shade of purple really stands out on the pants. didnt notice it as much vs Grambling.

gYVO1.St.58.jpeg

628x471.jpg

i like Maryland's set... but it just seems unnecessary. a well-executed rip off of Oregon's 'carbon' set (which is also superfluous). i just dont get the helmet. it looks awesome, but stripping the colors out of a helmet that was inspired by your state flag seems strange. why not use/update the turtle helmet? use the 'brushed metal' hyrdoskin treatment here, and you've got a winner.

maryland-shell-helmet-281x300.jpg

UCLA is wearing their standard shade, as far as i can tell. the sweat is just showing thru. if you look at the shoulders, you can see where the sweat spots start and end. i believe the tech fit sets have a 1 piece torso, so when its wet.. the whole thing gets saturated. unlike the nike template, which has the designated areas to wick sweat away (the 'dark patches' everyone hates in the NFL thread).

shoulder stripes will never thrive on that template.

compare_ucla.jpg

Any word on what Oregon is wearing tonight?

Last I heard, all-black.

It looks like all of Michigan's road jerseys are finally tusk free. Big improvement.

I'm also glad Adidas didn't do one offs for this game. It looks much better this way.

Edit: After seeing the uniform a little more, I actually really like this for Michigan. Removing the tusk really improved the uniform. Good job Adidas!

Any word on what Oregon is wearing tonight?

Last I heard, all-black.

Any pics yet?

Well this was posted on Oregon's facebook page with a few other uniform combinations before that start of the season.

402774_277521659020177_527366119_a.jpg

FWIW that nike logo is not a part of the jersey. It was in the top right of every picture.

Archived