College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=205694242

(video at bottom of article)

So apparently there is something special about the shoes in the Nebraska - Wisconsin UnRivaled game, has anybody heard anything about this? It looks like judging from the video they do something when on camera.

Bret Bielema has said that it has something to do with their reaction to light.

looks like adidas might hae finally beaten Nike to the punch on something. And I had planned on not watching this game because the uniforms were so ugly.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing the new WMU uniforms, it has solidified my thought that I really, realllyy don't like the TechFit uniforms. No room for shoulder striping when a team has it, no belt on the pants make it look like they're wearing sweatpants...ugh.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Seeing the new WMU uniforms, it has solidified my thought that I really, realllyy don't like the TechFit uniforms. No room for shoulder striping when a team has it, no belt on the pants make it look like they're wearing sweatpants...ugh.

Most players don't wear belts, regardless of jersey manufacturer.

jNTsTyQ.png

That is true, what I should have said it the lack of the appearance of a belt, or belt loops make it look bad. I just don't like the look.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

I'm not buying that. Nike has the majority of college football teams and most, if not all, of their pants use belts.

If it's just near universally awful, which team looks good in it?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Michigan's used the template effectively sometimes.

denard-robinson3-apjpg-d6fb4c0370060278.jpg

I don't think that's the techfit.

I think that NC State, Tennessee and Cincy look good in it, so it's not all bad.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Yeah the Fighting Duck jerseys are gone and not coming back. The kelly green jerseys we wore in Week 1 are a nod to those.

Why do you say that? The week 1 uniforms were the same colors and basic template and had puddles on the tongue of both shoes and the liner of both gloves.

Yeah the Fighting Duck jerseys are gone and not coming back. The kelly green jerseys we wore in Week 1 are a nod to those.

Why do you say that? The week 1 uniforms were the same colors and basic template and had puddles on the tongue of both shoes and the liner of both gloves.

1. Yeah, GDU's right, those WERE this year's Fighting Ducks unis.

2. Michigan, somewhat famously, doesn't wear the actual tech fit unis because the players hated them and started wearing old uniforms on the field last season during the Northwestern game (PuntArm early in the game, PuntArm late in the game). It's the same cut, but not the same super stretch material, just look at the big picture of PuntArm you posted and see how the majority is mesh and it's loose.

3. The Hoosiers make tech fit work, but only because they got rid of the double stripe on the shoulder from a few years back.

I know it has been said before, but UCLA really needs to change uniform companies because those stripes are horrible!

Yeah, a transition to Nike would do them a lot of good. Nike doesn't do the stripes properly either but they'd still be better than that TechFit mess.

I would suggest that based on the picture below that Nike can do a better job than Adidas any day.

19edfb29extra_large.jpg

spacer.png

I think that NC State, Tennessee and Cincy look good in it, so it's not all bad.

Add Louisville as well.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Add Louisville as well.

No.

This:

8112614.jpeg

is the exact same problem as UCLA

I'm not buying that. Nike has the majority of college football teams and most, if not all, of their pants use belts.

I would say that belts, drawstrings, and zippers are all being phased out of football in favor of super stretch...look at all of the updated teams from adidas and nike and you'll see that stretch pants are the norm.

Western Michigan is getting new uniforms for their game against Toledo this weekend.

http://www.footballscoop.com/news/7492-western-michigan-rolls-out-sweet-new-uniforms

Those helmets..... they were..... real..... oh god why?!

Worst part is, and is the first thing any car enthusiasts will notice, is that it's the terrible "printed on" carbon fiber. Not even close to the real product's look.

Compare this:

carbonclose.jpg

To this, true carbon:

%2361052-50.jpg

<_< Thanks for playing...

The uniform isn't even the worst part about that video. The cheesiness of it is worse; especially when the player screams.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I would say that belts, drawstrings, and zippers are all being phased out of football in favor of super stretch...look at all of the updated teams from adidas and nike and you'll see that stretch pants are the norm.

Nike's new speed machine pants use a belt. Not sure what you're talking about.

Nike's new speed machine pants use a belt. Not sure what you're talking about.

to clarify belts are now fashion over function...they will be obsolete in a few years.

Archived