College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

I'm not sure what you just established. Oregon has had successful teams without "successful" recruiting classes. 3 BCS bowl games in a row, flashy uniforms and all.

I was saying that these new uniforms are helping teams recruit as much as some people think.

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just noticed this on www.rolltide.com, they are advertising a "Under the Lights" theme and they have Alabama's 09 Pro Combat uniforms modeled along with Ole Miss' throwback uniforms? I'm guessing this is just a advertisement thing but I'd love to see Bama bring the pro combats back out!

UndertheLights.png

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

they just showed a picture of the matte Illinois helmet that will be worn tomorrow during the BYU-Hawaii game.

A357ImCCIAEelya.jpg

I just noticed this on www.rolltide.com, they are advertising a "Under the Lights" theme and they have Alabama's 09 Pro Combat uniforms modeled along with Ole Miss' throwback uniforms? I'm guessing this is just a advertisement thing but I'd love to see Bama bring the pro combats back out!

UndertheLights.png

just a bad PS.

I think Im not alone when I say these trends are getting out of hand. I believe certain specialties for uniforms are nice when kept to a few teams. But now every team's in line to have matte helmets, subliminal graphics/patterns & so on. At a point, its got to end. But hey, its revolution & I cant stop it. Its just ridiculous.

_

_That UNC helmet is tacky as hell... I'm not a huge fan of these type of things. We get it, you like America. You like the troops. The majority of all Americans do too. It seems cheesy to me. Enough is enough already.

_

_

_glad im not the only one

_

_

_Agreed, and this is coming from a Heels fan. Something subtle like this would have been a million times better, IMO:

_

_uncmilitary.png

_

_They even mucked up the field with that thing:

_A3vZuKNCEAA7xCF.jpg

Hmm, actually walking all over the flag. Yup, really patriotic.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I think Im not alone when I say these trends are getting out of hand. I believe certain specialties for uniforms are nice when kept to a few teams. But now every team's in line to have matte helmets, subliminal graphics/patterns & so on. At a point, its got to end. But hey, its revolution & I cant stop it. Its just ridiculous.

Why can't every team have a matte helmet or school specific graphics on numbers? Dang near every team used to have the same shiny shell, same number font and same basic striping and nobody seemed to have a problem with that.

A399g1uCQAAFhlB.jpg

Yeah they posted pictures in Facebook. I thought blue/orange/blue would look great but it's not as good asI thought. I really like the helmets though.

The helmets are great. The jerseys, not so much.

A399g1uCQAAFhlB.jpg

Yeah they posted pictures in Facebook. I thought blue/orange/blue would look great but it's not as good asI thought. I really like the helmets though.

The helmets are great. The jerseys, not so much.

i would have liked to see blue/blue/white

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Well, judging from how Illinois has been playing thus far, the blue helmets need to be destroyed in a ceremonial midfield bonfire after the game in order to apologize to whatever deity was offended by them.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Why can't every team have a matte helmet or school specific graphics on numbers? Dang near every team used to have the same shiny shell, same number font and same basic striping and nobody seemed to have a problem with that.

Nobody had a problem with it because majority of those teams looked nice & were cohesive. When everybody tries to do the same to look fancy, they're going to look similar & look ridiculous. Every team cant pull off any & every trend is all Im saying.

So Indiana is wearing "surrender white" today. I've never been a real fan of the white helmets, and the white, white, white set up accentuates this. As I'm getting a good chance to see Northwestern in action, I would like to register a criticism about using black for the Northwestern stripes on their new uniform-namely they don't really show up on purple in natural light. Very dark on very dark is bad.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Well, judging from how Illinois has been playing thus far, the blue helmets need to be destroyed in a ceremonial midfield bonfire after the game in order to apologize to whatever deity was offended by them.

If they did that after every poor showing this year they wouldn't have anything left to wear.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Illinois looks NICE! I like navy/orange/navy much more than orange/navy/orange (or orange/navy/anything for that matter).

I would like to register a criticism about using black for the Northwestern stripes on their new uniform-namely they don't really show up on purple in natural light. Very dark on very dark is bad.

Normally I would agree, but the black on purple makes it more subtle, which makes me like the home jerseys better than the road ones.

Archived