College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

im kind of worried that since they are telling us to wear yellow on saturday that Oregon will wear all yellow

Which would actually look pretty good. That look was missing from the previous set.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my opinion, that UVA-Louisiana Tech game easily runs away with the best looking match up of the weekend.

My vote would have gone to Georgia-Tennessee. I thought it refreshing to see two classic uniforms without the need for alternate jerseys and helmets, wierd non-school colors, black for black's sake, unnecessary striping, and goofy number fonts.

It looked like Tennessee had made the black number outline thinner so it almost looked like no outline. I personally liked that but I'm not a TV spotter trying to figure out numbers either

530666_t607.JPG

0918_KCSP_vols09_MP_t607.jpg

I sat in the press box for UGA/UT and had no problem seeing the numbers with the thinner black outline. However I don't know about others. I didn't hear of any complaints, but that doesn't mean there weren't.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

im kind of worried that since they are telling us to wear yellow on saturday that Oregon will wear all yellow

It seems liike every week people expect Oregon to wear what they are asking the fans to wear and it almost never happens. When will people quit worrying about it?

A little late, but here's a picture from the UNLV/Utah State game (USU in all-white):

1000100.jpg

Gallery Here.

That's a beauty! Love the Aggietrooper look, it's great to see one that is finally without crappy piping and such. It's also great to see an Aggie team that's actually good this year too! :D

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I'm really hoping we go Green/Yellow/Green

It would be great if they did that combo only with this helmet:

oregon%20duck%20helmet.jpg

spacer.png

Pictures of BYU's blackout uniforms--not really a fan, but it could have been worse. The Oval-Y helmet logo should have stayed blue with white Y instead of the inverse.

61402_500371883306446_1551800824_n.jpg

3394_500371909973110_663434346_n.jpg

310251_500371946639773_1815171265_n.jpg

https://www.facebook...81596013&type=1

Yeah, I don't really like this, nor do I understand it (in that I can't figure out what the reason for a blackout is...there's plenty of better things they could've done with a special uniform). It'd be one thing if the Cougars were still wearing the black-trimmed Sarkisian-era set, then this would make a little more sense. But with the identity as it is now, it just seems completely unneccessary.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I seriously want to know... at what point does it become obvious to everybody that the whole "black out" stuff is completely played out? The whole point at one time, I guess, was that it was a special deal, something you didn't see all the time. Now... what, Ohio does it? And Duke? Shouldn't any self-respecting CFplayer's first reaction to seeing his team's all black tuff-guy outfits be, "hey, didn't Duke just do that?"

It's now beyond lame, IMO.

I seriously want to know... at what point does it become obvious to everybody that the whole "black out" stuff is completely played out? The whole point at one time, I guess, was that it was a special deal, something you didn't see all the time. Now... what, Ohio does it? And Duke? Shouldn't any self-respecting CFplayer's first reaction to seeing his team's all black tuff-guy outfits be, "hey, didn't Duke just do that?"

It's now beyond lame, IMO.

Because kids think black looks cool. It's that simple. It's not about being special, it's about looking cool. The only exception is when a teams normal color is black. Then white and silver are cool (although, kids tend to love wearing black even when it's their normal color).

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

In my opinion, that UVA-Louisiana Tech game easily runs away with the best looking match up of the weekend.

My vote would have gone to Georgia-Tennessee. I thought it refreshing to see two classic uniforms without the need for alternate jerseys and helmets, wierd non-school colors, black for black's sake, unnecessary striping, and goofy number fonts.

It looked like Tennessee had made the black number outline thinner so it almost looked like no outline. I personally liked that but I'm not a TV spotter trying to figure out numbers either

530666_t607.JPG

0918_KCSP_vols09_MP_t607.jpg

the 2011 numbers on the away uniforms were screen printed. dooley didn't like the color of the stiched numbers.

Huh? Tennessee's road uniforms are textbook BFBS. The black outlines and NOB's are so random and unneccessary compared to the rest of their identity. Either add black trim to the home uniforms or bring back the Helton-era roads:

1-t307136-500.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived