College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Call me crazy but a chrome pink/chrome silver winged helmet would look pretty sick. Match it with maybe a white jersey with shiny pink wings and numbers and that would probably look sick.

Call me out for pfps or not using school colors r doing it for attention if you want but I think Oregon would make pink look better than anyone in the country.

Except it would run into the same problem the NFL is. It would be a blatantly obvious attempt by Oregon to bring attention to themselves. "Look at us! We care! Pay attention to us!"

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Well of the gear was auctioned off and proceeds went to research meaning it was more than just a thought, I'd have no problem with it and pink and white uniforms would be pretty cool to see for one game.

Meanwhile the replicas will see a "percentage" of the sales go to some charity to be named later.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

special helmet delivery to Oregon tonight:

254588_421572244558292_525280693_n.jpg

I'm guessing they're the white helmets we haven't worn yet. I'm gonna guess we're going White Yellow White or White Yellow Yellow.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Washington is going gold this weekend according to Uni-Watch.

13hero.jpg

I saw that, too, but unless there's more to it than that I'm not sure sure. This looks like an ad for 2013 ticket sales done in sepia/gold tones, not an announcement about new uniforms being worn this weekend. Not saying they won't wear them; just that I don't think this confirms they will.

I'm not liking how teams are mixing and matching decals and stripes, as Va gas done here. It just makes everything a crap-shoot from week to week. I never have any expectations for uniform consistency anymore.

yeah I pretty much threw the towel in last year on trying to assume any consistency among the vast majority of cfb...seems like the only schools that you can really count on for a consistent look (excluding the occasional throwback or alt) are the traditional blue chip programs but that is even becoming more of a challenge

I completely agree with BB08. I hate the way teams now swap decals, facemask colors, etc. In addition to any alternate helmets a team might have, this now provides them with limitless new styles. It might be "cool" for recruits, but come on, you're completely watering down your identity and entirely lack a primary helmet when you start doing that. At least Oregon's mallard green lid was viewed as the primary before they completed dropped the "O" helmets. TCU's normal purple was nice (and so was the new finish to it, a very slight update). But when you're debuting new finishes, new stripes which come and go from week to week, new logo applications, swapping masks out, etc, you have no consistency or even a single lid to be able to say "this is the helmet that primarily represents our program".

I really like that update to the UVa helmet. They need to stick to that version from now on when they wear the orange. The stripeless version with the blue mask looked too loud and vibrant. The navy stripe and gray mask soften it quite nicely. It looks kinda retro/throwback inspired now. I like!

Last thing, I sure hope Oregon doesn't mix and match yellow and white. That would be such a weak color combo. This gives you an idea of how those colors mix:

PHP4E964130E2626.jpg

Washington is going gold this weekend according to Uni-Watch.

13hero.jpg

I saw that, too, but unless there's more to it than that I'm not sure sure. This looks like an ad for 2013 ticket sales done in sepia/gold tones, not an announcement about new uniforms being worn this weekend. Not saying they won't wear them; just that I don't think this confirms they will.

Yeah same, first thing I noticed. His skin has the game gold effect which gives it away to me. Also the number would have an outline of some sort wouldn't it? But I don't know why they would do this if they werent going to wear them... at some point. Maybe its an addition to the set in 2013. I donno.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Archived