College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

proxy-1.jpg

From top to bottom: yes, yes, ew.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

308021_10151125998198853_2130637836_n.jpg

Technically, most of those jerseys should say: "Logistics," "Maintenance," "UAV Operator," "Missile Silo Watch Officer," since very, very few of those players will end up flying the Raptor or the B-2. Like, maybe three of them.

I think I like "F.A.M.I.L.Y." better. Just kidding, they're both awful.

Nothing like going on network television against your biggest rival with ugly uniforms and name of a fighter accused of asphyxiating pilots on your back...

ZING!!!! Go Navy.

Grunge-Logos.png

I'm surprised Oregon didn't go with the black helmet. They went with black-kelly green-black last year.

The yellow-kelly green is a great combination. I can even look past the chrome wings on the helmet. If only they had worn yellow pants instead.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

548369_10151125974173853_1246467398_n.jpg308021_10151125998198853_2130637836_n.jpg12806_10151126047768853_53831433_n.jpg20121006__air-force-navy~p1.jpg

I think I thought of the stealth tribute uniform two years ago, except it looked pretty good then:

airforce_procombat.png

I love parts of this look. I love the number font and "IRISH" under the collar, but the helmet should be 100% the dimpled dome-gold and the pants should be glossy.

Is there some new wave going on with sports pants manufacturers where they're not allowed to provide glossy pants any longer?

I think that shiny material was a bit heavier and didn't perform quite as well in terms of moisture transfer, so it's not used by the industry leaders much anymore.

As for the uniforms, I thought they looked pretty good. Very cohesive and throughly thought out uniform. Asymmetrics aren't really my thing, but I thought the dynamic really worked when players would flip around quickly, like the quarterback turning to hand off or a receiver looking back for the ball. It was all-new, all blue, then suddenly it was the same old Notre Dame, with golden domes and golden pants. I wouldn't want to see it full time, but I loved it for one game. Plus, they rocked the house, and that always helps.

Oregon

Yellow Helmet with Silver wings

Kelly Green jerseys with Yellow numbers

Black pants

proxy-1.jpg

Football up top; figure skating/ballet/gymnastics down below?

Technically, most of those jerseys should say: "Logistics," "Maintenance," "UAV Operator," "Missile Silo Watch Officer," since very, very few of those players will end up flying the Raptor or the B-2. Like, maybe three of them.

Realistically, it's extremely unlikely that any of these players will end up flying either of these aircraft. Strictly based on statistics, only about 3 of these players will even become pilots, let alone operators of one of the two most expensive and rare aircraft in the world. The USAF operates four different models of training aircraft and 33 different models of active duty aircraft. Of the USAF's 5,573 operational aircraft, only 187 of them are F-22s and 20 of them are B-2s.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

proxy-1.jpg

This picture got me thinking about something. I'm gonna pose a question which is sure to rile some people up.

Should football (at all levels) seriously consider switching to leggings? Surely they'd be more aerodynamic and manufactures can add padding throughout to protect runners' entire legs. It also eliminates the issue of socks varying in length (and sometimes in color) from player to player. They'd essentially be the Cooperalls of football. You can still implement full striping from a design standpoint (if a team uses stripes).

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

What's with the acronym?

What's with the acronym?

While on Bermuda, Michael Manhart trademarked the popular acronym, F.A.M.I.L.Y. ~ Forget About Me I Love You. He spent a few years working to spread this message of selfless, unconditional love in an effort to rid the world of selfishness. A best selling book, It Takes A Family, by Senator Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania, focused on this acronym suggesting it is an answer to the societal problems faced by Western culture. Michael started Family Creations Ltd. as the parent company overseeing the sale of F.A.M.I.L.Y.® branded products used to spread the message. F.A.M.I.L.Y.® wristbands are still available and very popular. The message became the mantra for the Rutgers University Football Team. The then Scarlet Knights Head Coach, Greg Schiano (currently the Head Coach of the NFL's Tampa Bay Buccaneers) chose this mantra to teach his team that they are a family and there's no room for selfishness on the field, in the classroom or at home. Every member of the team wears their F.A.M.I.L.Y. wristband as a constant reminder of belonging and unity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Michael_Manhardt

Also Maryland should make this their full time home look. Brilliant.

940x.jpg

940x.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

What's with the acronym?

According to uni watch...F orget A bout M e I L ove Y ou and they forgot the period after Y

These nameplates are getting lame. How long until the whole nameplate is NIKE or Adidas?

KISSwall09.jpg

Arkansas combo from yesterday. This is probably my favorite combo of the year just for the fact alone that the red pants don't have the unnecessary striping that the white pants have.

Arkansas+v+Auburn+jLgOFnF7sECl.jpg

Having no striping on the pants is why I do not love this look. However, it still looks good.

spacer.png

Miami_Notre_Dame_Football_(14)_t607.JPG

20121006__FBCT25MiamiNotreDame~5_500.jpg

Miami_Notre_Dame_Football_(5)_t607.JPG

uspw_6639202_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

I wouldn't want Notre Dame to wear these full-time, or even repeatedly, but I actually kind of like these uniforms for a one-off look.

Arkansas combo from yesterday. This is probably my favorite combo of the year just for the fact alone that the red pants don't have the unnecessary striping that the white pants have.

Arkansas+v+Auburn+jLgOFnF7sECl.jpg

Having no striping on the pants is why I do not love this look. However, it still looks good.

Traditional striping > no striping > effed up striping on Arkansas' white pants.

Those Notre Dame uniforms are, quite possibly, one of the worst alternates in recent history. The contrast is amazing. On one hand, you have (former) Nike guinea pig Miami actually looking classy in a modern template, and then you have Notre Dame, a traditonalist if there ever was one, wearing something uber-modern and looking like complete crap.

Oh, I dream of a day when the NCAA imposes strict NFL-style uniform regulations. That would be fantastic. Throw all of this craziness out the window and restore some sanity to football.

Archived