College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't disagree more. Purposly losing an official school color on the uniform for the sake of looking "old school" is trite.

It's not "losing" a school color. The rest of the helmet is still red. The jersey is still red.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Couldn't disagree more. Purposly losing an official school color on the uniform for the sake of looking "old school" is trite.

It's not "losing" a school color. The rest of the helmet is still red. The jersey is still red.

And the facemask is no longer red, nor is it yellow. That's the loss of a school color on a uniform element, for a dubious reason.

And the facemask is no longer red, nor is it yellow. That's the loss of a school color on a uniform element, for a dubious reason.

and the shoes are black, so I guess that counts too? They could be red or yellow but they're not.

and the shoes are black, so I guess that counts too? They could be red or yellow but they're not.

Well actually...

Nike-Cleats.jpg505e99bcdff85.preview-620.jpg

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

USC looked better with red facemasks.

2865697_display_image.jpg?1319132418

Yes they did and I would be interested to see what a gold face mask would look like.

As my old football coach would say, they look like dancing bears out there.

And USC definitely looks better in red facemasks. Gold facemasks would be too garish and there's no reason for them to be gray, especially when they haven't consistently been gray since they've worn facemasks.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

And USC definitely looks better in red facemasks. Gold facemasks would be too garish and there's no reason for them to be gray, especially when they haven't consistently been gray since they've worn facemasks.

That's not true. In the last ~45 years, USC has worn gray facemasks for about 2/3rds of the time. The only time in recent history that they wore the red facemasks was 1988-2000.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Well actually...

Nike-Cleats.jpg505e99bcdff85.preview-620.jpg

I obviously know about those but they aren't in that picture up there that we were discussing. They just started wearing those this season.

USC looked better with red facemasks.

2865697_display_image.jpg?1319132418

I'd really like to see Arizona change back to those jerseys or a variation of it with the current pant stripe with the current white helmet and blue and white pants. They'd look pretty good in my opinion.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I still think they could make the Tommy Trojan logo from 1992 work...

the tommy t logo on the helmet was by far superior to the generic yet traditional trojan head...the reasoning was that they switched helmet logos for the school's 100th but I think the intent was to replace, but they had a pretty bad season and immediately went back to the traditional trojan profile as part of john robinson's return.

What was Tommy Trojan?

SC.jpg

tommytrojanicon.jpg

It was an one-and-done helmet; however, the odd thing is that the Tommy logo is used in almost ALL of the merchandise for USC, at least at a higher ratio than the helmet logo.

yeah the helmet logo is non existent on merch...I've really only seen it on the rare nike tshirt or hat but that's it

The grey works becaus it makes the Trojan pop. The contrast also draws the eye into the helmet and the red and yellow. The all red facemask is nice, but it makes the uniform blend, and the Trojan logo is sort of adrift and gets lost in the predominant red.

it makes the Trojan pop.

Double whammy - generic design term as well as a giggle-worthy double entendre.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Colorado in all black tonight with black helmets, like last year against USC.

670592718.jpg?key=30722304&Expires=1350002829&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=0liKcPbVuBkRWaZrQ5Dofz53NA2lPyNHJd0j5cqA3~7kD7aMIzHtjgrqTJdHCuSFC65Lvi89GeUV~nhA0M9uNrY40RNcDvr6dV5KiB5KAcH0QugcRmQJ51QWwDwuzvPwKX8~3qIlzI~MwBeVi~WT631TLS-EkyDTNfxBH2-JQ6c_

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Well actually...

505e99bcdff85.preview-620.jpg

Suddenly, the grey facemask makes perfect sense because it's repeated on the shoes. It's now an accent color on the uniform. Grey gloves would complete the perfect ensemble. Simple fixes for perceived problems.

The grey works becaus it makes the Trojan pop. The contrast also draws the eye into the helmet and the red and yellow. The all red facemask is nice, but it makes the uniform blend, and the Trojan logo is sort of adrift and gets lost in the predominant red.

That's a good way of justifying it and it's the reason I love grey facemasks, tan pants, and leather-colored helmets when applicable. Using those neutrals makes the team colors that are there really stand out and seem much more vibrant.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived