College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Rutgers' helmets look better during the day than they do at night.

I think Syracuse would look better with navy facemasks, like they used to have, but gray has precedence and doesn't look awful (though it does stick out in the uniform).

I really like Northwestern's new uniforms.

ESPN 3 is pretty awesome on fall Saturdays.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks good to me

usc.png

You can't judge how it would look on the helmet from a close up when you filled in the background on MS Paint.

maybe you cant, but i can. Andrew can. hell, i think most can, i mean what more do you need to see?

. . . and i used PS, c'mon man. but maybe this helps

usc2.jpg

That doesn't look bad, but I think it's weird how the plume is completely disjointed from the rest of the logo. I can't stop staring at that.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Serious mothafuhking question: How many COT DAMN helmets does VT have?! Haven't they worn 3 different white helmets alone this season? Talk about an identity crisis...and it's sad because with their unique color scheme they don't need to do all of that mix-and-match bullshiit.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Serious mothafuhking question: How many COT DAMN helmets does VT have?! Haven't they worn 3 different white helmets alone this season? Talk about an identity crisis...and it's sad because with their unique color scheme they don't need to do all of that mix-and-match bullshiit.

Chawls is burning on this issue!

Sadly, Boise has finally given in to the BFBS craze. They're announcing black uniforms at halftime today to be worn for the UNLV game, and they want the fans to wear black (which, considering how good they are at color-coordinating, will admittedly look badass).

Boise is one of those schools that is going to look terrible in black.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

looks good to me

usc.png

You can't judge how it would look on the helmet from a close up when you filled in the background on MS Paint.

maybe you cant, but i can. Andrew can. hell, i think most can, i mean what more do you need to see?

. . . and i used PS, c'mon man. but maybe this helps

usc2.jpg

That doesn't look bad, but I think it's weird how the plume is completely disjointed from the rest of the logo. I can't stop staring at that.

If they are going to go this route, I'd like to see a stroke around the whole thing. Perserve some of the details of the logo.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Oh god those are terrible.

Do those gloves really say "NIKE" on them?

I will admit though, I kinda like the helmet as a stand alone element.

EDIT:nm

Didn't see this here but Boise is going to hold a blackout for the UNLV game. More pics here

I posted those exact pictures right above you.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

We told you yesterday on the Logocast.

Fun fact: Oregon and Virginia Tech both introduced their modern helmets in 1999 and since then, VT is second only to Oregon in number of different helmets worn.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I will admit to liking the black Boise St helmet quite a bit. Logo only on one side to match the similar blue and white ones? The jersey gets a big minus for gradient numbers, just like Arkansas.

Archived